Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OK, so who did this one?
The drew sample take was spot on. Meanwhile there is a 7th round pick out there playing twice as good as sample ever will
Reply/Quote
This is very well done accurate and disturbing
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 03:48 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: The drew sample take was spot on. Meanwhile there is a 7th round pick out there playing twice as good as sample ever will

The saddest part was how a lot on the board was hyped up over the Sample pick.

Really in the draft, this fanbase would be happy no matter who we picked I think.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 04:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The saddest part was how a lot on the board was hyped up over the Sample pick.

Really in the draft, this fanbase would be happy no matter who we picked I think.

agreed so many in here hump the bengals no matter how poorly they display competence and backup anything they do regardless.  The sample pick was horrid.  passing on linebacker after linebacker after linebacker until we take deshaun davis who is worthless to this team in the 7th was just another horrid pick.  pratt looks awfull.  we couldve went david long mack wilson the list goes on but no here we are getting ran through week to week as i predicted and i almost got booted for stating the obvious.  its pathetic some of the fans in here and i wont sugar coat it.  i almost lost my top seeing some before the season try and back nick vigil lmao some people just dont get it.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 12:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: To bad we can't get that put up on the big screen at PBS.

A little bit of hacking I’m sure it can be done.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 04:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The saddest part was how a lot on the board was hyped up over the Sample pick.

I don’t remember any excitement over the Sample pick...

I’m the sure the occasional homer tried to justify it, but “hype” idk all that.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 05:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t remember any excitement over the Sample pick...

There wasn't any real excitement.

Only a rush to defend the logic of the pick and a giddiness that Zac had some say in draft picks.

That might translate to excitement for some I suppose.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 12:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know which part was the most absurd.

Dropping Billings into coverage? Taking Sample in the 2nd Round? Other?

Dropping billings into coverage is shear genius.  Tell me what offensive coordinator could plan for that move.  Had them stumped.  
Reply/Quote
Oh my god that was great!

I was LMAO
Reply/Quote
I've watched it 10 times. I'll probably watch 10 more.

I'd love to see one about the history of Mike Brown as GM. God, is there so much material that could go into that one.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 09:08 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I've watched it 10 times. I'll probably watch 10 more.

I'd love to see one about the history of Mike Brown as GM. God, is there so much material that could go into that one.

Shall we create?

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 04:37 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: agreed so many in here hump the bengals no matter how poorly they display competence and backup anything they do regardless.  The sample pick was horrid.  passing on linebacker after linebacker after linebacker until we take deshaun davis who is worthless to this team in the 7th was just another horrid pick.  pratt looks awfull.  we couldve went david long mack wilson the list goes on but no here we are getting ran through week to week as i predicted and i almost got booted for stating the obvious.  its pathetic some of the fans in here and i wont sugar coat it.  i almost lost my top seeing some before the season try and back nick vigil lmao some people just dont get it.

Yeah...people like to say too that 'No coaches would succeed with these players'...but the thing is, the Bengals coaches DID EVALUATE players from last years roster. I remember reading about it. They likely must have signed off on Vigil and Brown being the LB's and didn't feel it was a bigger need.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 05:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t remember any excitement over the Sample pick...

Oh there were people talking about how Zac 'got his guy' and how Sample was an elite blocker and how that meant we were committed to the run and how Sample was exactly the type of TE the Rams had.

Lots of people justified it.

Also, how this pick shows Zac is calling the shots.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 09:08 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I've watched it 10 times. I'll probably watch 10 more.

Haha...the only thing I don't like is that Lamar Jackson will probably rush for 200 yards against us this week and its content will be out-of-date.

We'll be getting killed with the Ravens running outside and we'll probably play 4 DT's or something like that to clog the middle.
Reply/Quote
That was great. Well Done
Reply/Quote
Nothing like a good slap in the face by reality.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 05:53 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: There wasn't any real excitement.

Only a rush to defend the logic of the pick and a giddiness that Zac had some say in draft picks.

That might translate to excitement for some I suppose.

I took the names out of the posters so I can't be accused of attacking people, but here are some of the posts in the 1st page of the Sample thread:

-Love the pick, we will use him like Heath Miller on the stool pitt....

Watched this guy play and he impressed me and stood out. I can only name a handful of players that did this last year at the college level and he was one of them, a trucking TE that has great hands.

-Physical TE, strong blocker with the skill set that Zac Taylor is looking for.

-Agree very physical and I like that Taylor prints on this pic.. he can catch not sure why people think he can;t just not the speed TE..

-Best Tackle in the first and one of the top TE-Ys in the second...I think Zac Taylor wants to run the football.

Edit: Sample actually reminds me of the new Bengals TE coach..James Casey.

-Drew Sample is one of the best blocking tight ends in the draft. This selection helps the offensive line immediately.

-Bengals board had him higher so guess we will see. One thing you can;t say now is that our HC does not have voice in the draft room.. this is total Taylor printed pick in what he wants in the offense plus you could argue TE was as weak or more weak than LB coming into draft...
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 09:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I took the names out of the posters so I can't be accused of attacking people, but here are some of the posts in the 1st page of the Sample thread:

Watched this guy play and he impressed me and stood out. I can only name a handful of players that did this last year at the college level and he was one of them, a trucking TE that has great hands.

-Agree very physical and I like that Taylor prints on this pic.. he can catch not sure why people think he can;t just not the speed TE..

-Best Tackle in the first and one of the top TE-Ys in the second...I think Zac Taylor wants to run the football.

-Drew Sample is one of the best blocking tight ends in the draft. This selection helps the offensive line immediately.

-Bengals board had him higher so guess we will see. One thing you can;t say now is that our HC does not have voice in the draft room.. this is total Taylor printed pick in what he wants in the offense plus you could argue TE was as weak or more weak than LB coming into draft...

That’s hardly “hype”

More just people trying to justify the pick.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 09:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I took the names out of the posters so I can't be accused of attacking people, but here are some of the posts in the 1st page of the Sample thread:

I suppose to be fair, you'll list a couple comments unhappy with the pick if you can fins any. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 09:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose to be fair, you'll list a couple comments unhappy with the pick if you can fins any. 

You expect me to list every post in the thread? Just go read it.
Reply/Quote