Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OL JJ Dielman signed by Broncos
For the 2nd time this season JJ Dielman was signed off the practice squad to another team. We could have protected this kid by signing him to the active roster. We have plenty of options to IR even after TJ Johnson's injury. Or we could have cut Westerman since he never plays.

But yet another young player lost.....

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
So what? Another fringe roster hanger on-er? If he was really any good, he would have knocked someone off the Bengals 53 man roster.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 06:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So what?  Another fringe roster hanger on-er?  If he was really any good, he would have knocked someone off the Bengals 53 man roster.

Would he though?

It shouldn't shock anyone if Dielman was the best lineman on this roster, given Marvs preferential treatment for veteran players and general lack-of-an-eye for talent Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 06:38 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Would he though?

It shouldn't shock anyone if Dielman was the best lineman on this roster, given Marvs preferential treatment for veteran players and general lack-of-an-eye for talent Ninja

Seems to me that he didn't really show much in preseason.  But, it's only fitting.  The one OL they draft, a late rounder, who was injured for most of his final year in college.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 06:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems to me that he didn't really show much in preseason.  But, it's only fitting.  The one OL they draft, a late rounder, who was injured for most of his final year in college.

Haha yeah he didn't look all that great when he had chances. No real loss here, I'm just being a facetious Ahole  Smirk
Reply/Quote
I don't understand why Westerman is not playing, I watched him in preseason games he did fine.
Reply/Quote
And since the Broncos have to sign him to the 53, that'll be a nice Christmas bonus for JJ. Good for him.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 09:08 PM)snowy Wrote: And since the Broncos have to sign him to the 53, that'll be a nice Christmas bonus for JJ. Good for him.

Yeah, not just the pay jump from PS to 53, but if he manages to stick on the 53 man for 2 more weeks (he was on the 53 for Week 1 with the Rams), I think he becomes eligible for the player retirement plan/pension/medical. Pretty sure it's 3 weeks on the IR or active 53 in order to qualify.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
With all the injuries to all the O-line players this season around the NFL, you have to believe if this guy was a real high can't miss type prospect or showed something, he'd have been signed by now. He might be decent or solid probably a good fill in type player. He might be amazing and really turn heads, but I have to think, that if he was showing anything at all, he'd have been plugged in when Fisher went down, or Hopkins got hurt or any other time there has been a chance.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Remember the Rams already kicked him to the curb earlier this year, no big deal, nothing to see here...
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote