Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OL Play Steelers Week #1 versus Week #11
I thought our OL did a complete 180 against the Steeler's DL and blitzing yesterday.

Watt is an absolute beast, but I thought Collins did a great job on him overall. The pick by Watt was just a great play by a great player.

We scored a ton of points against a defense that abused us in week 1.

I would love to see the OL PFF scores in week 1 versus week 11. We also had some great down field blocking on the Perrine TD's.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 03:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I thought our OL did a complete 180 against the Steeler's DL and blitzing yesterday.

Watt is an absolute beast, but I thought Collins did a great job on him overall. The pick by Watt was just a great play by a great player.

I would love to see the OL PFF scores in week 1 versus week 11. We also had some great down field blocking on the Perrine TD's.

While definitely not a "flawless" performance, as you indicated, they were much more prepared and able to get the job done.  They've come a long way, since that first time they hit the field together as a unit, on opening day.

Probably the best thing about yesterday's win is not having to hear any excuses of the Bengals taking advantage of a Steelers DL while Watt was injured. TJ Watt played a fantastic game, yet the Bengals OL was still able to get the job done.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 03:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I thought our OL did a complete 180 against the Steeler's DL and blitzing yesterday.

Like Lapham said:  You can't put 5 new guys together on a line and microwave the results...you have to stew it in a crock pot.  In other words, it takes time.  We are starting to see them coming together.  
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 03:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While definitely not a "flawless" performance, as you indicated, they were much more prepared and able to get the job done.  They've come a long way, since that first time they hit the field together as a unit, on opening day.

Probably the best thing about yesterday's win is not having to hear any excuses of the Bengals taking advantage of a Steelers DL while Watt was injured.  TJ Watt played a fantastic game, yet the Bengals OL was still able to get the job done.

YES !!

Watt is a top notch player, you're not going to totally shut him down the majority of games. We held our own against him and sent them home with an L.

I'm happy  Tongue
Reply/Quote
Somewhere I saw Collins had a pass pro rating in the 40s which didn't make a lot of sense. Then again ratings don't take in to consideration who you are playing against. I thought he handled Watt about as well as someone can.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Somewhere I saw Collins had a pass pro rating  in the 40s which didn't make a lot of sense.  Then again ratings don't take in to consideration who you are playing against.  I thought he handled Watt about as well as someone can.

I hope that is for the year, as I said Watt is a beast, one of the best DE's I have seen play. I thought Collins did a nice job on him.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Yes, and it seems Collins is playing better with each passing week. This line could be pretty damn good down the stretch and be absolutely humming by next season.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This OL IS PLAYING MUCH better.I’m getting excited for this final run into the playoffs,particularly because of this improved OL play.It appears this OL is finally getting it together.And if they keep improving,then I don’t think there’s any team out there that can stop us from a SB run.

Also,Joe Burrow is playing at the top of his game right now.Just looks super confident,and has that swag back.
Reply/Quote
The O-line is certainly playing much better

but also credit this to Burrow getting rid of the ball much quicker lately in lieu of trying to wait the HR throws to open up.

Impressed by Burrow's transition into this style per not many QB's can process it this quickly without making huge mistakes.

Brady was really good at this actually and Burrow picked it up on the fly it seems.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote