Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OL and other injuries
Reily Reiff and Trey Hopkins have not practiced this week due to ankle injuries from the Steelers game.  Today Zac said they were both a game day decision.  He said the fact they were both veterans is in their favor.  If they can't go, Isaiah Prince would start in place of Reiff and Trey Hill would start in place of Hopkins.  I have a feeling that unless they can't walk both will try to go but still this development makes me nervous.  I don't want Joey Bosa facing 2 2nd string players

Chris Evans is doubtful with his ankle.  That would possibly mean Pooka Williams getting a call up from the PS. Trayveon Williams has used up all his allowed call ups so unless he is officially placed on the 53 he is done for the season.

Mike Thomas (WR) and Khalid Kareem have also missed practice all week due to non-COVID illness.  Thomas missing the game is no big deal, they would just have Trent Irwin active.  Kareem, though, has been a really nice rotational piece since he came off of IR so it would be tough to lose him on Sunday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 02:46 PM)pally Wrote: Reily Reiff and Trey Hopkins have not practiced this week due to ankle injuries from the Steelers game.  Today Zac said they were both a game day decision.  He said the fact they were both veterans is in their favor.  If they can't go, Isaiah Prince would start in place of Reiff and Trey Hill would start in place of Hopkins.  I have a feeling that unless they can't walk both will try to go but still this development makes me nervous.  I don't want Joey Bosa facing 2 2nd string players

Chris Evans is doubtful with his ankle.  That would possibly mean Pooka Williams getting a call up from the PS. Trayveon Williams has used up all his allowed call ups so unless he is officially placed on the 53 he is done for the season.

Mike Thomas (WR) and Khalid Kareem have also missed practice all week due to non-COVID illness.  Thomas missing the game is no big deal, they would just have Trent Irwin active.  Kareem, though, has been a really nice rotational piece since he came off of IR so it would be tough to lose him on Sunday

Hope Reiff and Hopkins can go. Saw Reiff was looking ancy to go in after the injury so I have a higher hope for him to make 
it a go. Like you said, both these guys being vets we don't really need them to practice much. Trey Hill needs to clean up his 
penalties if he does get the start though, been our only guy on the OL that has made these headscratchers. 

Have to chip Bosa like we did Watt regardless with our RB's and TE's. Would like to see Pooka get some touches. Agreed on 
Kareem, want to see more of this guy in our rotation.
Reply/Quote
Offically, Reiff and Hopkins are listed as questionable which is a better sign that they will play.
Mike Thomas and Khalid Kareem are both doubtful with a non-COVID illness
Chris Evans -ankle and Auden Tate-thigh are also doubtful

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 05:59 PM)pally Wrote: Offically, Reiff and Hopkins are listed as questionable which is a better sign that they will play.
Mike Thomas and Khalid Kareem are both doubtful with a non-COVID illness
Chris Evans -ankle and Auden Tate-thigh are also doubtful

Thanks Pally. Mellow
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 04:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

You have to think with Tate's contract done at the end of the season, that we will not see him in a Bengals uniform again.  Even when he was healthy, he barely had any targets or receptions

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 02:46 PM)pally Wrote: Reily Reiff and Trey Hopkins have not practiced this week due to ankle injuries from the Steelers game.  Today Zac said they were both a game day decision.  He said the fact they were both veterans is in their favor.  If they can't go, Isaiah Prince would start in place of Reiff and Trey Hill would start in place of Hopkins.  I have a feeling that unless they can't walk both will try to go but still this development makes me nervous.  I don't want Joey Bosa facing 2 2nd string players

Isn't Pooka more a WR than RB at this point? I see his call up because of Mike Thomas
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 07:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Isn't Pooka more a WR than RB at this point? I see his call up because of Mike Thomas

He was called up as a WR and potentially a punt/kick returner

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 07:38 PM)pally Wrote: He was called up as a WR and potentially a punt/kick returner

I'd definitely like to see him in the return game. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The fact that Sutherland has been called up doesn't bode well..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 01:51 AM)grampahol Wrote: The fact that Sutherland has been called up doesn't bode well..

Not at all. 

I would guess him being called up is an indication that Reiff may not be ready to go. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 03:12 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not at all. 

I would guess him being called up is an indication that Reiff may not be ready to go. 

Or a better be safe than sorry mode. Williams was called when Mixon had his ankle injury. Joe was listed as a game time decision and Joe ended up playing

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 03:27 AM)pally Wrote: Or a better be safe than sorry mode.  Williams was called when Mixon had his ankle injury.  Joe was listed as a game time decision and Joe ended up playing

Sutherland hasn't been able to crack the starting lineup even last year when I could have done it.. He seems like a career practice squad player.. I hope I'm wrong about him, but I kinda doubt it..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 10:15 AM)grampahol Wrote: Sutherland hasn't been able to crack the starting lineup even last year when I could have done it.. He seems like a career practice squad player.. I hope I'm wrong about him, but I kinda doubt it..

Even if Riley is out, we have to go way down the chart for Sutherland to see the field. I mean, we have Prince, Carman, and a couple others
Reply/Quote

I'm kind of torn.  On one hand, we need Hopkins and Reiff....on another, I would rather them heal.  I think Prince can actually handle things, but Hill has been pretty awful thus far.  Not sure how much of a drop off he allows.  

Kareem seems to have the bad luck gene for injuries, but they will still have Sample and Ray to rotate in.  

Williams will likely get his shot returning kicks.  I am one of those conservative guys about the kicking game and would rather just take a knee unless the ball is short of the goal line.  No need to risk injury (a LOT happen on ST) and, worse, a turnover.  

That being said, Williams is fresh and I hope he gets a shot and breaks a huge return.  Maybe even a few plays for him on offense (like Jet sweeps).  I thought he was just a waif that had no sand in his pants when I read about him, but he played very tough in the preseason.  Ran with a purpose.  Could be very interesting.  

I hate to say it, but it almost feels like they are at "anyone but Phillips" stage, even though he had some nice returns...you fear the gaff that costs the team.  
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 07:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Isn't Pooka more a WR than RB at this point? I see his call up because of Mike Thomas

I'm sure someone else answered this, but I think you are correct.  And he is also going to most likely be the KR/PR. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 01:51 AM)grampahol Wrote: The fact that Sutherland has been called up doesn't bode well..

I guess Carman is active, too...so it is more of an emergency...

Really hoping Smith makes it back this year for some evaluation.  He was really solid in his first action in preseason and the coaches seem to love the guy.  They were right about Adeniji. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 11:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm kind of torn.  On one hand, we need Hopkins and Reiff....on another, I would rather them heal.  I think Prince can actually handle things, but Hill has been pretty awful thus far.  Not sure how much of a drop off he allows.  

Kareem seems to have the bad luck gene for injuries, but they will still have Sample and Ray to rotate in.  

Williams will likely get his shot returning kicks.  I am one of those conservative guys about the kicking game and would rather just take a knee unless the ball is short of the goal line.  No need to risk injury (a LOT happen on ST) and, worse, a turnover.  

That being said, Williams is fresh and I hope he gets a shot and breaks a huge return.  Maybe even a few plays for him on offense (like Jet sweeps).  I thought he was just a waif that had no sand in his pants when I read about him, but he played very tough in the preseason.  Ran with a purpose.  Could be very interesting.  

I hate to say it, but it almost feels like they are at "anyone but Phillips" stage, even though he had some nice returns...you fear the gaff that costs the team.  

I don't know if you can put getting sick in the same category as an injury.  Those big guys can get knocked down pretty hard with sickness by losing a lot of weight quickly.  Besides the last thing you want is someone with an infection being in the locker room and starting a flu epidemic

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 11:41 AM)pally Wrote: I don't know if you can put getting sick in the same category as an injury.  Those big guys can get knocked down pretty hard with sickness by losing a lot of weight quickly.  Besides the last thing you want is someone with an infection being in the locker room and starting a flu epidemic

Yeah, they should take the flu shot like the COVID vaccine.  

Kareem has just had a rough start, health-wise, to his career.  He has flashed talent, but needs to stay healthy.  Ossai could take a lot of his snaps next year.  Good problem to have if they both are showing well.  
Reply/Quote
Reiff and Hopkins area officially out

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote