Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OL changes - nothing learned....
So we do nothing with game after game of watching Og and Bodine screw up, then we FINALLY pull them - and the offense promptly scores a TD because - surprise - having even competent OL play gives us the edge.

So of course they put Bodine and Og right back in and of course they go right back to messing up.

Anyone still think Marvin, Alexander or Zampese know what they are doing?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That is not how you teach accountability and that will demoralize the rest of your team...maybe that is what has happened.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 08:22 PM)Joelist Wrote: So we do nothing with game after game of watching Og and Bodine screw up, then we FINALLY pull them - and the offense promptly scores a TD because - surprise - having even competent OL play gives us the edge.

So of course they put Bodine and Og right back in and of course they go right back to messing up.

I've given up trying to figure out the reasoning or lack of reason they use to do what they do. 

Honestly, It's almost turned me off to football altogether. 
Reply/Quote
Bodine was our highest rated Olineman yesterday according to PFF.

I wish folks would stop living in 2015, when he was our worst Olineman. He has been among our best each week in 2016.

Im sure the OP also realizes that Ced's replacement gave up the clinching strip sack
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 08:22 PM)Joelist Wrote: So we do nothing with game after game of watching Og and Bodine screw up, then we FINALLY pull them - and the offense promptly scores a TD because - surprise - having even competent OL play gives us the edge.

So how did you have Bodine graded for the entire game, and how did you have Johnson graded?

Surely you are not going to call our coaches stupid with grading each player to see if their play was what actually made a difference are you?  Because I have seen players come into a game and the team make a few good plays that had nothing to do with that player.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 08:26 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: That is not how you teach accountability and that will demoralize the rest of your team...maybe that is what has happened.

I'm quite sure it's a huge part of what's happened. I know I wouldn't want to continue trying when winning isn't the focus.
Reply/Quote
I miss Andre Smith.
Nervous
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 08:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Bodine was our highest rated Olineman yesterday according to PFF.

I wish folks would stop living in 2015, when he was our worst Olineman. He has been among our best each week in 2016.

Im sure the OP also realizes that Ced's replacement gave up the clinching strip sack

I know Winston got beat on that one play - which hardly compensates for Bodine and Og being beaten incessantly all season (and no PFF does not know what they are talking about). I get tired of linemen not holding their points, of low snaps and snaps to the side, of unblocked defenders constantly coming in. Frankly, any :rating" system that fails to see this is not a rating system that is worth much.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 09:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm quite sure it's a huge part of what's happened. I know I wouldn't want to continue trying when winning isn't the focus.

I think there is something to be said here. Putting Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum right back in after their replacements actually did their jobs sent the exact wrong message. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 09:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So how did you have Bodine graded for the entire game, and how did you have Johnson graded?

Surely you are not going to call our coaches stupid with grading each player to see if their play was what actually made a difference are you?  Because I have seen players come into a game and the team make a few good plays that had nothing to do with that player.

For the little bit of time he was in there Johnson completely outplayed Bodine. His snaps were better, he held the point, he actually blocked the right guy. 

Then again Fred, you've been pretty consistent in the past basically holding that our coaches do no wrong. I don't agree but I respect the consistency. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 08:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Bodine was our highest rated Olineman yesterday according to PFF.

Wait.....isn't Bodine rated one of the worst Centers in the league?  Wasn't there a thread....complete with links....about him and Og being among the league's worst at their positions?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 07:53 AM)Wyche Wrote: Wait.....isn't Bodine rated one of the worst Centers in the league?  Wasn't there a thread....complete with links....about him and Og being among the league's worst at their positions?

Og, yes. He's currently 71st for tackles. o_O

Bodine is 24th. Not the worst, but nothing to write home about. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 12:20 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Og, yes. He's currently 71st for tackles. o_O

Bodine is 24th. Not the worst, but nothing to write home about. 
If you think globally, being the 24th best at something is actually quite a feat...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 12:59 AM)jason Wrote: If you think globally, being the 24th best at something is actually quite a feat...

Well, with tackles there is 64 of them. That gives a lot more leeway to be starter material. There are only 32 centers. Being 24th out of 32 is not good at all.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 02:03 AM)treee Wrote: Well, with tackles there is 64 of them. That gives a lot more leeway to be starter material. There are only 32 centers. Being 24th out of 32 is not good at all.
Way to tear down my positive spin.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 09:46 AM)jason Wrote: Way to tear down my positive spin.
Sorry I thought you were joking. You're right, even the worst professional athletes are on a whole different level than us common folk.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 12:59 AM)jason Wrote: If you think globally, being the 24th best at something is actually quite a feat...

True. But i was thinking more, 24th out of 32. Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Globally? This almost makes it sound as if there are millions of potential Chinese replacement centers and they can outsource it. Hell, maybe Sri Lanka is grooming Bodine's replacement right on the garment assembly line with some tiny woman with 23 kids.. And before you go telling us that she can't do any worse I'm fairly certain she could.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Well do we give credit for the team benching Ced? Also Bodine had another solid game. I know the can has already been kicked too far down the road to bring it back; but, if I were assigning need to this team, Center keeps moving further down the list.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 01:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well do we give credit for the team benching Ced? Also Bodine had another solid game. I know the can has already been kicked too far down the road to bring it back; but, if I were assigning need to this team, Center keeps moving further down the list.

He looked serviceable, versus a four front.  Until he can stalemate an NFL NT on a regular basis, I'm still considering Center a primary need.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote