Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster Bonuses & the Cap
(02-02-2021, 05:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: "We're not in the business of making other teams better." - Mike Brown

Unbeknownst to him, they are. When you keep putting an inferior product on the field the teams playing you become better due to your ineptitude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I read recently that the league is expected to provided the updated cap sometime in the next week.

I also read something that said the NFLPA (the players union) is currently working under the assumption that it will be 180 million, which is slightly up from the 175 previously reported. But down from last year's 195 million, and significantly down from the estimated 210 million many had 2021 projected for prior to Covid.

One thing to consider: I guarantee to you there's a number of owners pushing for the cap to be as high as it possibly can. These are billionairs who won't even bat an eye at spending a few more million, even after a year of lost income, if it means their respective team is in a better place cap wise. And obviously the NFLPA would help lead the charge. I would not be shocked if this figure that gets released creaps back up towards 190 million.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 12:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I read recently that the league is expected to provided the updated cap sometime in the next week.  

I also read something that said the NFLPA (the players union) is currently working under the assumption that it will be 180 million, which is slightly up from the 175 previously reported.  But down from last year's 195 million, and significantly down from the estimated 210 million many had 2021 projected for prior to Covid.

One thing to consider:  I guarantee to you there's a number of owners pushing for the cap to be as high as it possibly can.  These are billionairs who won't even bat an eye at spending a few more million, even after a year of lost income, if it means their respective team is in a better place cap wise.  And obviously the NFLPA would help lead the charge.  I would not be shocked if this figure that gets released creaps back up towards 190 million.

saw something that they might not know the Cap till a few hours before the league year starts.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 12:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I read recently that the league is expected to provided the updated cap sometime in the next week.  

I also read something that said the NFLPA (the players union) is currently working under the assumption that it will be 180 million, which is slightly up from the 175 previously reported.  But down from last year's 195 million, and significantly down from the estimated 210 million many had 2021 projected for prior to Covid.

One thing to consider:  I guarantee to you there's a number of owners pushing for the cap to be as high as it possibly can.  These are billionairs who won't even bat an eye at spending a few more million, even after a year of lost income, if it means their respective team is in a better place cap wise.  And obviously the NFLPA would help lead the charge.  I would not be shocked if this figure that gets released creaps back up towards 190 million.

It is not that simple. They can push all they want, but there is an exact formula used to determine the cap, so it would be unlawful to deviate against it.

It protects the players (they agreed to it and also all owners even the small market owners) and all owners. So, the cap will be based on the factual formula they use each year. Don't you think if it could be adjusted the player's union would be fighting the number? They are not as they know nothing can be done, it is a part of the CBA of 2011 they agreed to on both sides.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 02:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: saw something that they might not know the Cap till a few hours before the league year starts.

You would think it would be much easier since no fans in the stands or far fewer. The TV money may be the issue if ratings were bad versus prior year.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote