Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OMG, NFL Network already making Bledsoe/Brady comparison
(12-16-2015, 01:46 PM)BigSeph Wrote: Great QBs are behind other QBs sometimes.

Rodgers sat behind Favre.

Rodgers was drafted to develop behind Favre. It wasn't some unknown QB behind Favre. He was a first round pick. It was much more of a Palmer sitting behind Kitna (if Kitna was a HOFer and Palmer ended up being a 2x MVP, lol) than a Brady (6th round pick) behind Bledsoe.

Rodgers actually needed a lot of that time to develop. If he started immediately, he'd probably not be a shadow of what he has been. Keep in mind he went from playing in a Junior College, to the college coach who also coached Trent Dilfer, Akili Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, and Kyle Boller. All first round picks who started at least some in their first year and were awful.

- - - - -

Not to mention, Bledsoe and Dalton aren't good comparisons either. Bledsoe wasn't young at the time. He was in his 9th season, making him like 30-31, and in that season plus his previous two he had a 38:36 TD to INT ratio and in his third straight season of a QB Rating in the 70s after his previous three were all in the 80s. Dude was on the decline. It's not like Bledsoe was leading the NFL in QB Rating in Week 14 when he got hurt.

Bledsoe's Patriots in '99: 8-8
Bledsoe's Patriots in '00: 5-11
Bledsoe's 2 stars in '01: 0-2

Regardless of what McCarron does, the Brady comparison is impossible to make because you'd have to make a Bledsoe and Dalton comparison then, and that's impossible.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
They only talked about it because McCarron brought it up. Of course that's going to make a story late in this season.

Hope he does well, hope Dalton is fully healed for the playoffs.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 03:45 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He wasn't horrible, but he threw two interceptions so I wouldn't be name dropping Brady just yet.

We used to argue that certain picks were worse than others when discussing Daltons INT in the past.

The 2 picks don't scare me, its how the first one unfolded. We like to talk about noodle arms.... :snark:
Reply/Quote
There is ZERO correlation between the Patriots of 2001 and this Bengals team.

The Patriots didn't make the playoffs since 1997. That's a 4 year span. They were 5-11 in 2000.
The Bengals have made the playoffs 4 years in a row.

Bledsoe wasn't doing well. Wasn't really great. Only had a QB rating above 80 in his 8 year career there. Never above a 87.
Dalton never had below a QB rating of 80. Had above a Qb rating of 87 twice in his 5 year career. One in the 100+.

Bledsoe wasn't a franchise quarterback and was 29 during the 2001 seasonn
Dalton is a franchise quarterback, in the prime of his career, and was having a MVP type season.

The Patriots weren't viewed as a Super Bowl team.
The Bengals are.

Brady also played 14 games of the 2001 season before the playoffs started. He led them there.
McCarron will get 3 games before the playoffs start. He was a backup all season.

There's really nothing that connects between these two teams.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
This whole subject is so stupid this thread should be shutdown, and erased using a special project that writes zeros and ones over this shit until the cows come home.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 02:05 AM)Utts Wrote: This whole subject is so stupid this thread should be shutdown, and erased using a special project that writes zeros and ones over this shit until the cows come home.

This, and every instance where macaroni is typed instead of McCarron.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I hope McCarron does well because I want the Bengals to do well. That said, McCarron throws 2 picks with one being a pick 6 and no one cares. They're just happy it's someone other than Dalton playing QB. Dalton could have thrown that pick 6 and won and people would have been talking about he was regressing, being "Bad Andy"*, still making stupid decisions, etc, etc, etc. I've never seen people so happy and dismissive about a pick 6 in my life.

Dalton was having a great season, but still had people on his ass all season. The way some fans are talking, the best thing Dalton did this season was get injured.

Again, I want McCarron to do well as a temporary replacement while the starting QB is out.

*= Bad Andy is the dumbest ***** thing ever.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 10:18 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I hope McCarron does well because I want the Bengals to do well. That said, McCarron throws 2 picks with one being a pick 6 and no one cares. They're just happy it's someone other than Dalton playing QB. Dalton could have thrown that pick 6 and won and people would have been talking about he was regressing, being "Bad Andy"*, still making stupid decisions, etc, etc, etc. I've never seen people so happy and dismissive about a pick 6 in my life.

Dalton was having a great season, but still had people on his ass all season. The way some fans are talking, the best thing Dalton did this season was get injured.

Again, I want McCarron to do well as a temporary replacement while the starting QB is out.

*= Bad Andy is the dumbest ***** thing ever.

What's up with the conspiracy theories?  Has anyone besides trolls said they are glad Andy was hurt?  I've been hard on Andy in the past, but any reasonable fan knew he was having a crazy good year.  I'm by no means excited to have a different QB besides our MVP candidate in there.  I am, however, excited that our back up QB has shown he can play.  We all have to root for AJ regardless of your stance.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 11:05 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: What's up with the conspiracy theories?  Has anyone besides trolls said they are glad Andy was hurt?  I've been hard on Andy in the past, but any reasonable fan knew he was having a crazy good year.  I'm by no means excited to have a different QB besides our MVP candidate in there.  I am, however, excited that our back up QB has shown he can play.  We all have to root for AJ regardless of your stance.

There have been a few.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Eh, I like AJ's confidence. I think all of this somehow will work out positively for the Bengals. I don't think AJ would take offense or shy back from someone calling him names (AKA red ryder gun), when you have confidence and talk trash - you do whatever you can to back it up. Confidence can make you a killer at anything you do.

The Bengals still need to work their asses off to win the AFC-N. Each man to his own must step up to help the backup QB succeed. They all know that, I think we are going to see a different AJ Green. He has performed pretty well this year, but we are going to see something else.

If Andy can come back in the playoffs, he is going to have a group of players that leveled up, because of AJ McCarron.

This team is too stacked to fail. We will test how quickly AJ can adapt to the starting role. Based on his work ethic it sounds like as fans we can't ask for more, given the situation.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote