Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ONE PLAYER
Geno because I would want a leader.

But would be tempted greatly by WJ3 though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
WJ3. For the same reason others have stated. Best young player we have.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 10:34 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Geno because I would want a leader.

But would be tempted greatly by WJ3 though.

But Burfict is the leader of the D...

Geno seems like the does his job quietly type.

Reply/Quote
If my goal is to win a superbowl in the next two seasons, Atkins. If my goal is to win in the next 5, Burfict/Dalton/Green. If my goal is to win one in the next 8 years, Lawson or WJ3.
Reply/Quote
I'm shocked,  SHOCKED I say that nobody picked Cedric Ogbuehi or Jake Fisher.. I mean where's the love?  Obvious forum bias..  Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Carl Lawson... Switch to a 3-4. He's young and a beast. Geno will start to taper off, by the time he does hopefully we hit on some 3-4 type players in the draft and dare I say FA.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 03:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But Burfict is the leader of the D...

Geno has refused to do interviews somehow, Burfict is the real leader. Although I rarely see an interview from him too lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 08:41 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Carl Lawson... Switch to a 3-4. He's young and a beast. Geno will start to taper off, by the time he does hopefully we hit on some 3-4 type players in the draft and dare I say FA.

On offense I start building around AJ McCarron if we don't go QB high this draft.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 04:00 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'm shocked,  SHOCKED I say that nobody picked Cedric Ogbuehi or Jake Fisher.. I mean where's the love?  Obvious forum bias..  Ninja

Their parents do not frequent this forum.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I will likely get laughed out of the building for this one, but I would say John Ross on Offense and WJIII on defense.

Ross, if he is able to have the same impact as WJIII in year 2 (also after an injury in year 1), will have a huge impact on our offense. He should be capable of opening up our offense like Tyreek Hill has done for KC. He should be a major part of the game plan next year, with a variety of Jet sweeps that make LBs move just enough to help Mixon even if he doesn't get the ball, quick shots that he can use his elusiveness to turn a two yard pass in to a 30 yard gain, and some deep shots. If he does what I believe he can do, it will also help Boyd in the slot, AJ on the outside, and Kroft/Uzomah all over.

WJIII is the best player we have on defense and should be put on the opposition's #1 receiver every time. If you can keep players like Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, and Antonio Brown in check, you have a significantly better chance of beating those top teams in the NFL.

I love Burfict, but he simply isn't reliable enough to be that player.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 03:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But Burfict is the leader of the D...

Burfict certainly led us to the debacle against steelers in playoffs. Oh and suspensions as well.  

Give me Geno over that hothead any day of the week. 

WJ3 would be my next pick, or AJ before Burfict would even get consideration. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
But those who love Burfict owe a debt to Marvin.

Because Marvin is who spotted him and was his first call made after draft.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 04:00 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'm shocked,  SHOCKED I say that nobody picked Cedric Ogbuehi or Jake Fisher.. I mean where's the love?  Obvious forum bias..  Ninja

Proof Paul Alexander does not post on board. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 11:15 AM)Go Cards Wrote: But those who love Burfict owe a debt to Marvin.

Because Marvin is who spotted him and was his first call made after draft.

Lol. Marvin didn't "find" him. Burfict was touted as a top 10 pick going into his senior season at ASU. 
He was not drafted because he didn' work out well and also failed a drug test at the combine.
Reply/Quote
Dalton.

1. He's a solid and very affordable player at the most important position.
2. He's only 30 and good QB's are often effective til around 38 years old.
3. He's proven he can play well without AJ Green.
4. Nothing provides stability through a transition period more than good QB play. We saw that during Dalton's rookie season. Even if you want to draft a new QB, Dalton would provide stability until that new QB was ready.

Dunlap, Atkins and Green are too close to the end. Those positions age faster than QB. Burfict has too many injury and other questions. WJIII is the only other guy I'd consider, along with Mixon. If we had a young franchise LT, I'd probably choose that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
WJ3. This guy looks like a perennial pro bowler unless Marvin keeps him on the bench. Lawson is awesome too, keep him at 4 3 rush end. He will be completely lost in a 3 4 defense..hes doesn't play in space.
Reply/Quote