Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OSU fans?? Where art thou?
Its awful quiet around here. I thought you Bucknut fans would be chatting it up before the Boomer Sooner game. Is it nerves? A little apprehensive before the big game? OU owes you guys a butt kickin' from last year. As good ol JR would say, it's gonna be a real slobber-knocker! Looking forward to sitting down with my beer and watching the game. Good luck!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I'm right here, in Clayton NC. Funny you bring this up, I was just talking with a friend back in Ohio, about this game, last night. I'm pretty much hoping that OSU's young secondary did a lot of growing up this week. Mayfield ain't no joke, and three new faces are going to be on full display, on the big stage tonight.

Not as worried about Bucks' offense. If they let their OL continue to build confidence by running the ball, everything else seems to open up from there. I could see this being a 38-35 sort of shootout.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Watching a bit of the Iowa-Iowa St. game. A couple of things that I notice. Iowa might not have a lot of elite talent on their roster, but the coaches do a great job of developing their players and using them to their strengths. They are well disciplined, and execute well, which reflects back to good coaching. Although they are a little boring to watch (simple plays, just well executed), I like that their play calling mixes things up. If their QB could develop some touch on the deep ball, they would be dangerous.

Overall, I see a very fundamentally sound, well coached team. Good luck this season.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 03:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Watching a bit of the Iowa-Iowa St. game. A couple of things that I notice. Iowa might not have a lot of elite talent on their roster, but the coaches do a great job of developing their players and using them to their strengths. They are well disciplined, and execute well, which reflects back to good coaching. Although they are a little boring to watch (simple plays, just well executed), I like that their play calling mixes things up. If their QB could develop some touch on the deep ball, they would be dangerous.

Overall, I see a very fundamentally sound, well coached team. Good luck this season.

It's Big Ten football. 3 yards and a cloud of dust. The Hawks are gonna be ok this year. Stout defense, they won't beat themselves, the other team is gonna have to want it more. Today's game was not for the weak of heart. That'll be a theme this year.

Good luck to the Buck nuts.....until they meet Iowa. Then....bad things man. Bad things. :)
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
We about to pummel these Sooner chumps... Again.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Buckeyes offense in the first half is about as inspiring as a Trump speech on the environment.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 10:17 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Buckeyes offense in the first half is about as inspiring as a Trump speech on the environment.

I don't know they've achieved that level yet...
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 10:19 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I don't know they've achieved that level yet...

In fact, they're down right atrocious!
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 11:09 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: In fact, they're down right atrocious!

Our passing offense is basically garbage. Only thing that makes it work is if the running game opens things up. 

Reply/Quote
Who are the backup quarterbacks? Time to plug them in for rest of season at times, to get them ready for next year. Barrett is so underwhelming anymore.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 11:47 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Who are the backup quarterbacks? Time to plug them in for rest of season at times, to get them ready for next year. Barrett is so underwhelming anymore.

The actual backup is Joe Burough.  He is recovering from a broken thumb.  From what I understand, he's been throwing in practice, and should be ready soon.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 11:47 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Who are the backup quarterbacks? Time to plug them in for rest of season at times, to get them ready for next year. Barrett is so underwhelming anymore.

(09-10-2017, 01:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The actual backup is Joe Burough.  He is recovering from a broken thumb.  From what I understand, he's been throwing in practice, and should be ready soon.

My buddy and I were trying to figure that out during the 4th quarter.  If he will still be in school next year or beyond, he needs to be starting the rest of the way (provided he is healthy).  Barrett is now RGIII who can still run...
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 09:12 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: My buddy and I were trying to figure that out during the 4th quarter.  If he will still be in school next year or beyond, he needs to be starting the rest of the way (provided he is healthy).  Barrett is now RGIII who can still run...

They definitely have some problems.  Barrett indecisive and a poor passer, heck even his running isn't very effective.  OL is about a year away from being "good".  I'm not too big on that play calling either.  The only time they look effective, is when they go uptempo, power running.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They definitely have some problems.  Barrett indecisive and a poor passer, heck even his running isn't very effective.  OL is about a year away from being "good".  I'm not too big on that play calling either.  The only time they look effective, is when they go uptempo, power running.

Despite being OSU Alum, Meyer has no idea what the I formation is.  They squandered scoring opportunities last night because he won't use goal line formations.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:46 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Despite being OSU Alum, Meyer has no idea what the I formation is.  They squandered scoring opportunities last night because he won't use goal line formations.

I was reading in the presser that Meyer is staying with Barrett as starting QB.  Of course, he would say that.  No need to allow controversy to create a media storm.  But, I have a gut feeling that we will be seeing Joe Burrow in the next few weeks.  Burrow is not only a good runner, but he's an accurate passer as well.

I knew that when Tom Hermann left to begin his career as a HC, that the offense was going to take a step back for a couple years, but I had never imagined that it would get this bad..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'll say this about about Barrett. He has had a very good college career, and deserves the 3 captains he has gotten. But if he didn't get hurt a couple years back, they would not have won the Title that year as they did with Jones. Jones' arm just overpowered Bama's defense and Oregon as well. Barrett never would have been able to make those throws that were decisive in those two wins.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They definitely have some problems.  Barrett indecisive and a poor passer, heck even his running isn't very effective.  OL is about a year away from being "good".  I'm not too big on that play calling either.  The only time they look effective, is when they go uptempo, power running.

(09-10-2017, 10:46 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Despite being OSU Alum, Meyer has no idea what the I formation is.  They squandered scoring opportunities last night because he won't use goal line formations.

Im definitely not a fan of their scheme. There is too much emphasis on the qb running the ball on purpose. Maybe if they worked more on letting the quarterback just be a quarterback that runs when he has to, then the passing game would be better overall without having to rely on the run game to open it up.

Reply/Quote
Here. That is one stagnant offense. Receivers very very rarely get any kind of separation and when they do Barrett can't hit em.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 12:36 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Here. That is one stagnant offense. Receivers very very rarely get any kind of separation and when they do Barrett can't hit em.

And the rare time that they are wide open and Barrett is on target, it goes right through their hands!
Reply/Quote
I'm stunned they only fell to 8th. In fact I'm stunned they're still in the top 20.
Reply/Quote