Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OSU fans?? Where art thou?
Spot is short
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Huard keeps blaming the USC tight ends for failing to block Bosa and Hubbard one on one. Not the TEs fault. Coach's fault for being dumb enough to leave a TE one on one with either of those guys...
Reply/Quote
Darnold claiming they should have gotten the PI flag. That was to make up for the two unflagged holds on the 3rd and 17 conversion...
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 11:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Darnold just dropped to the 2nd round

Should we take him in the third?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 01:13 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Darnold claiming they should have gotten the PI flag. That was to make up for the two unflagged holds on the 3rd and 17 conversion...

Yeah that was a bad one.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
OSU offense looks like total crap. Thankfully USC has shot off both their hands and feet.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Oh and I wouldn’t have allowed Denzel Ward on the sidelines. You are free to make your decisions, and if one of them is to not play then you are no longer a member of the team.

Reply/Quote
Down 17 with 3:30 to go a Trojan just did a first down drop the ball move.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 01:58 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh and I wouldn’t have allowed Denzel Ward on the sidelines. You are free to make your decisions, and if one of them is to not play then you are no longer a member of the team.

Ditto.

And I completely disagree with the late hit foul on Ohio State.  Dude finished his tackle at the sideline.  He was inbounds when he started to chuck Darnold down.  Darnold tried to fight through it to get OB.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 02:00 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Down 17 with 3:30 to go a Trojan just did a first down drop the ball move.

He was droppin' the mike, cause they were done...
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 02:09 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Ditto.

And I completely disagree with the late hit foul on Ohio State.  Dude finished his tackle at the sideline.  He was inbounds when he started to chuck Darnold down.  Darnold tried to fight through it to get OB.

Agreed. Sorry you got pushed hard. Terrible spot on 4th down

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 02:11 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Agreed. Sorry you got pushed hard. Terrible spot on 4th down

Stunned they didn't check it on replay or with the chains...
Reply/Quote
One thing is for certain with this game. The Bengals ABSOLUTLEY SHOULD NOT DRAFT ANY USC OFFENSIVE LINEMEN!!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 02:12 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Stunned they didn't check it on replay or with the chains...

He was a yard short easily.

Reply/Quote
Is it too soon to label darnald a bust?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
Congratulations to the ‘nuts! The Big Ten hasn’t lost a bowl game yet. Let’s keep it rolling! F the SEC.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
See ya, JT. Thanks for the memories.

Hopefully this will also be a break from the run-pass option offense. When Haskins has been at the helm, they go to more of a Pro-Style offense. Seems like everyone plays better; OL, backs, receivers. Could it be because they know that they'll actually get the ball more often?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 12:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: See ya, JT.  Thanks for the memories.

Hopefully this will also be a break from the run-pass option offense.  When Haskins has been at the helm, they go to more of a Pro-Style offense.  Seems like everyone plays better;  OL, backs, receivers.  Could it be because they know that they'll actually get the ball more often?

I think it is more of a situation of our players upping their game to help out the inexperienced QB, and the opposing defense playing the run more anticipating the inexperienced QB will keep the ball and take off instead of passing.

If Urban didn't use the option less with Cardale Jones, I don't see him changing anything for Haskins.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 05:49 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I think it is more of a situation of our players upping their game to help out the inexperienced QB, and the opposing defense playing the run more anticipating the inexperienced QB will keep the ball and take off instead of passing.

If Urban didn't use the option less with Cardale Jones, I don't see him changing anything for Haskins.

No, no, no.  In the run=pass option, the OL don't know weather to commit to blocking downfield, or stick close to the line.  In the Pro-Set, if it's a run, they block like it.  If it's a pass, they block like it.  The RBs know this, so they give 100%.  On called pass plays, the receiving corps is also all perked up, as they know they might legitimately get the ball.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote