Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OSU fans?? Where art thou?
(11-05-2017, 12:33 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Congratulations Hawk! Bucks deserved what they received. Greg Schiano should be canned. 18 ppg looks good on paper til one looks at the schedule that they have played.

Jones played the quarter of his life last week. I actually wanted him to leave, but knew that he wouldn't.
I knew that he was gonna hold the young QBs back if he stayed. Personally, I would rather see Haskins the rest of the way, but again, not gonna happen.
I was concerned about this game. It was a total trap game for the players, but us lifelong fans knew better. Tough to beat Iowa at home, in their SB game. Out coached, & out played. Enjoy it!

You mean Barrett, right? Cardale Jones was the one that replaced Barrett that ended up taking the Buckeye offense to the highest level ever to win the title in that 3 game stretch. Imo.

But yeah I agree with you about wanting him to leave. However I dont see him as an NFL qb, so he pretty much had to stay.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 11:48 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Nice game buckeyes. Hopefully that beatdown humbles the fan base a bit but Im not holding my breath.

Why should the greatest program in any sport ever be humble? But really, we got a championship a couple years ago. 9 or more wins most years. Bengal or Browns fans who are also Buckeye fans should appreciate that more than anyone.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 01:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Weird. Barrett had the quarter of his life last week too .

Obviously, I meant Barrett. Thought about the typo after the fact, & thought to myself," Heck with it! Will fix it tomorrow"....lol....shit happens.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 01:16 AM)Millhouse Wrote: You mean Barrett, right? Cardale Jones was the one that replaced Barrett that ended up taking the Buckeye offense to the highest level ever to win the title in that 3 game stretch. Imo.

But yeah I agree with you about wanting him to leave. However I dont see him as an NFL qb, so he pretty much had to stay.
Spot on Millz.
Reply/Quote
I am stating that the Iowa Hawks are a Great Team. What I can't believe is a buckeye team getting beat by a team that only scored 27 points in its last 2 games. The hawks are not rated at all and they will be going nowhere in the league. Makes no sense but that is why they play the game!

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 01:19 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Why should the greatest program in any sport ever be humble?  But really, we got a championship a couple years ago. 9 or more wins most years. Bengal or Browns fans who are also Buckeye fans should appreciate that more than anyone.

This reply is the one of the reasons why the buckeyes get the hate that they do.  

Greatest program in any sport?  One of the most ridiculous things Ive ever heard.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 02:41 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: This reply is the one of the reasons why the buckeyes get the hate that they do.  

Greatest program in any sport?  One of the most ridiculous things Ive ever heard.

The but really part eluded you?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 12:33 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Congratulations Hawk! Bucks deserved what they received. Greg Schiano should be canned. 18 ppg looks good on paper til one looks at the schedule that they have played.

Barrett played the quarter of his life last week. I actually wanted him to leave, but knew that he wouldn't.
I knew that he was gonna hold the young QBs back if he stayed. Personally, I would rather see Haskins the rest of the way, but again, not gonna happen.
I was concerned about this game. It was a total trap game for the players, but us lifelong fans knew better. Tough to beat Iowa at home, in their SB game. Out coached, & out played. Enjoy it!

I wouldn’t consider this Iowa’s SB......not in the least. OSU is just another tough game they have to play in the Big Ten. Iowa’s SB would be Nebraska or Iowa State in my opinion.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:01 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I wouldn’t consider this Iowa’s SB......not in the least. OSU is just another tough game they have to play in the Big Ten. Iowa’s SB would be Nebraska or Iowa State in my opinion.

Who cares about any of that? How do I get one of those pie shakes?

Reply/Quote
When iowa has a winning record vs the buckeyes I might be impressed....
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 06:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: When iowa has a winning record vs the buckeyes I might be impressed....

Riiiiight, because if the Bengals beat the Steelers in December you won't be jumping around like Tom Cruise on Oprah's couch.  Calling bullshit on that.  You celebrate the wins when they happen, regardless of historical trends, and Iowa fans owe no apologies for celebrating.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The but really part eluded you?

Apparently it did....Doh!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 10:13 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Apparently it did....Doh!

I’m an OSU fan but I get a chuckle out of the base myself. It’s comparable to a reasonable Steelers fan amidst a horde of piss colored towels.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 06:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: When iowa has a winning record vs the buckeyes I might be impressed....

You sound like a cornhusker fan......
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
As of this moment OSU appears to be in for an ass woopin by Michigan..  It's still early though. 

Edit: a few moments later things appear to be drastically changing in favor of the Bucks.. Michigan rolled over to play dead against Barrett.. Twice..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Kind of reminds me of 2014. JT goes down against scUM and back-up QB comes in. Buckeyes win game. Will face Wisconsin in the BIG 10 title game with an outside shot to make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Well, it appears that the State of Michigan has issued a warrant for the arrest of Ohio St. coach Urban Meyer, as well as former coach Jim Tressell... For terrorism

Relax Michigan fans, y'all had your time for gloating during the dreaded John Cooper era. OSU holding a 15-2 edge over the past 17 years, in what used to be a bitter and heated rivalry, isn't the end of the world. It just means that your children's formative years have been shaped by complete and utter domination by the beloved Buckeyes.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Their tears are tasty!
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 01:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote:

Their tears are tasty!

Shoulda stayed in Houston.

Reply/Quote
JT misses two wide open receivers to end the half.

Reply/Quote