Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OSU's Billy Price Injured at Combine
Bad news for Price. 2018 season in jeopardy.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/top-prospect-billy-price-injured-at-combine/ar-BBJL7vh?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Just learned that Billy Price injured himself during bench press training. Of course, this would happen to a player the Bengals need. Sick
Reply/Quote
We could possibly get him at a bargain then.

Doesn't help our 2018 though :\
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 10:44 PM)Derrick Wrote: Just learned that Billy Price injured himself during bench press training. Of course, this would happen to a player the Bengals need. Sick

How bad??? What was it a pec or a shoulder injury?
Reply/Quote
Apparently it is a pectoral tear which is typically a 4 to 6 month injury so he could be play again this year. I don't think it hurts his draft stock as much as people would think.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Tough break for the kid.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 10:50 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We could possibly get him at a bargain then.

Doesn't help our 2018 though :\

Hoping so, a pec tear hurts like heck and does not heal for about 6 months but is not real serious in longterm.  

They are no fun at all though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 10:44 PM)Derrick Wrote: Just learned that Billy Price injured himself during bench press training. Of course, this would happen to a player the Bengals need. Sick

Injured guy, sure to start the season on the PuP list, unlikely to contribute in his rookie year = sure Bengals selection.

I doubt he'd have been available at #12 in the second round, so maybe now the Bengals will have chance to select a center that is a legit NFL starter.

We know Mikey doesn't shy away from drafting guys with late injuries.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 01:13 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Hoping so, a pec tear hurts like heck and does not heal for about 6 months but is not real serious in longterm.  

They are no fun at all though.

So that would put him at September /October range for playing?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If he's gonna miss 2018 that means we're pretty much guaranteed to draft him with our 1st round pick then LOL

Seriously though, he'll be a good lineman and recover. Stinks he'll probably make a lot less money on his rookie contract now though.
Reply/Quote
I wanted to use our 2nd and 4th and trade up to get him. Now that shouldnt be necessary. I still say we take him with our 2nd
Reply/Quote
I can see it now...
Bengals can now wait to take Price in Rd 2 or maybe even Rd 3 and re-sign Bodine because Price won't be available likely for at least the first six weeks. Then in 2019 Price and Bodine battle it out for the starter role.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
A pectoral tear seems like it'd be pretty serious for someone who makes contact with 300 lb players on almost every play.

I like Price.

Just not sure about this for immediate impact.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 02:34 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: So that would put him at September /October range for playing?

It’s 6 months to heal and rehab, not sure he’d be playing right after that as a rookie who misses the entire offseason. Best bet is spending half the season on PUP.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 10:35 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I can see it now...
Bengals can now wait to take Price in Rd 2 or maybe even Rd 3 and re-sign Bodine because Price won't be available likely for at least the first six weeks. Then in 2019 Price and Bodine battle it out for the starter role.

I was thinking the samething.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 01:24 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Injured guy, sure to start the season on the PuP list, unlikely to contribute in his rookie year = sure Bengals selection.

I doubt he'd have been available at #12 in the second round, so maybe now the Bengals will have chance to select a center that is a legit NFL starter.

We know Mikey doesn't shy away from drafting guys with late injuries.

You don't think he will be a good center in the NFL? 
Reply/Quote
Incomplete tear, very minor. Will definitely be ready by training camp.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 10:35 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I can see it now...

Sure sounds like a safe prediction. I honestly would not be against it though, just would rather have a Center like
Ragnow or Daniels who are not injured and would participate in OTA's and Training Camp to get up to speed quick.

(03-02-2018, 03:03 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Incomplete tear, very minor. Will definitely be ready by training camp.

If this is true all still for Price in the 2nd...
Reply/Quote
Since this was weightlifting at the combine is he eligible for the non football injury list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 03:03 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Incomplete tear, very minor. Will definitely be ready by training camp.

That's fantastic news!  Do you have a link for the story?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote