Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OSU vs ND Fiesta Bowl
Just announced for Jan 1 at 1pm.

Still think OSU got shafted from the Rose Bowl. They lose to MSU and drop 5 spots. Iowa loses to MSU and drops just 1 spot. Yeah that seems fair. Not!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 05:14 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Just announced for Jan 1 at 1pm.

Still think OSU got shafted from the Rose Bowl. They lose to MSU and drop 5 spots. Iowa loses to MSU and drops just 1 spot. Yeah that seems fair. Not!

OSU was lucky to even score against MSU.  If they could have managed more than 5 total first downs against the Spartans they might not have dropped so far.  Or if MSU had not beaten them without their starting QB.

Iowa had more wins than the Buckeyes and more wins against ranked teams.  They deserved the Rose Bowl more than OSU.
Reply/Quote
At least the Fiesta Bowl committee comes out looking great. Both teams have fan bases that travel well, and spend the money.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 05:14 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Just announced for Jan 1 at 1pm.

Iowa lost in the extra game though. I dont have a problem with them over my Bucks. Plus its good for their program which is good for the Big10.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Wish we would have drawn Houston. Would have loved to see how Urban woud fare against his old OC.
Reply/Quote
Goooooo Irish.

Beat the bucknuts.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
they might have to face ND without Adolphus Washington...he got caught soliciting a prostie.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 02:59 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: they might have to face ND without Adolphus Washington...he got caught soliciting a prostie.

Link?
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 03:16 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Link?

mentioning the citation or of the hooker's website?

use the google machine.....there are a lot of links
Reply/Quote
Urban will make him sit for the Fiesta Bowl team picture.  Anything else will be 'handled internally'. 
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 03:58 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Urban will make him sit for the Fiesta Bowl team picture.  Anything else will be 'handled internally'. 

the best player on my team decided it was a good idea to punch glass (not sure if it was a window or door or what) break 3 bones in his hand and damaged a bunch of ligaments....out for the bowl game....all rumours right now...no links or google machine will help substantiate that.

kids.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 04:48 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: the best player on my team decided it was a good idea to punch glass (not sure if it was a window or door or what) break 3 bones in his hand and damaged a bunch of ligaments....out for the bowl game....all rumours right now...no links or google machine will help substantiate that.

kids.

Jake Rudock?

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 06:52 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Jake Rudock?

Jabril Peppers...that's the word around campus anyways
Reply/Quote
This is a great game.....this was the best possible game after Ohio State lost to Michigan State on a last second field goal. Ohio State came back and clobbered Michigan....This may be the only bowl game I watch....Ohio State vs Notre Dame....2 great football schools in one great game....I love it....This will be my New Year Day.

Oh, for those that don't know, Ohio State starts playing Oklahoma back to back years. I think one year they play Oklahoma and Nebraska....the long time great programs are meeting, and I love it.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Zeke Elliot is going to feast against the 62nd ranked run defense.
Reply/Quote
I know that OSU recruits all across the country, but it is always good to beat a regional team in a bowl game for recruiting purposes. OSU and ND go head-to-head for a lot of top prospects in the midwest.
Reply/Quote
My only question is when to eat during this....No way am I drinking New Years Eve if this comes on at 1 in the afternoon New Years Day....So I wake clean and sober and ready for this game....but when do I have my baby back ribs, my New Years tradition as the lucky pork food. .....Maybe halftime around 2:30...These bowl games have much longer halftimes than NFL games. I imagine at least a half hour or more, plenty of time to fix these ribs, they are the pre cooked kind that can be fixed during halftime and some BUshs Baked Beans, and some restaurant cole slaw and restaurant home made bread....I'll then eat around 3 which should start the 2nd half.....Sounds like a plan......
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 04:37 PM)kevin Wrote: My only question is when to eat during this....No way am I drinking New Years Eve if this comes on at 1 in the afternoon New Years Day....So I wake clean and sober and ready for this game....but when do I have my baby back ribs, my New Years tradition as the lucky pork food. .....Maybe halftime around 2:30...These bowl games have much longer halftimes than NFL games. I imagine at least a half hour or more, plenty of time to fix these ribs, they are the pre cooked kind that can be fixed during halftime and some BUshs Baked Beans, and some restaurant cole slaw and restaurant home made bread....I'll then eat around 3 which should start the 2nd half.....Sounds like a plan......

sounds like a good problem to have!
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 04:37 PM)kevin Wrote: My only question is when to eat during this....No way am I drinking New Years Eve if this comes on at 1 in the afternoon New Years Day....So I wake clean and sober and ready for this game....but when do I have my baby back ribs, my New Years tradition as the lucky pork food. .....Maybe halftime around 2:30...These bowl games have much longer halftimes than NFL games. I imagine at least a half hour or more, plenty of time to fix these ribs, they are the pre cooked kind that can be fixed during halftime and some BUshs Baked Beans, and some restaurant cole slaw and restaurant home made bread....I'll then eat around 3 which should start the 2nd half.....Sounds like a plan......

Maybe you should just make a big pot of Irish stew?  Load up on the potatoes.  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 01:56 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Maybe you should just make a big pot of Irish stew?  Load up on the potatoes.  Hilarious

No thanks, I hate Irish stew....and soda bread....I like the Irish music, but the food is another story....St Patricks Day I like corn beef, but on rye with swiss cheese, which is really a German Reuben. ....NO, those baby backs in the freezer are making a halftime showing with the cole slaw and baked beans. ....Is that great coach from Cincinnati still at Notre Dame ?  Him vs Urban Meyer is a great coaching match-up.  This will be a wide open, any play could happen game. Both coaches have wild offensive play books.  I like that Defensive Monster of a LInebacker for Ohio State, and he will be a star in the NFL, one of the greats. I think he wins the game somehow. Bengals could use him, he is a monster like Butkis. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote