Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OSU vs ND Fiesta Bowl
(12-22-2015, 04:37 PM)kevin Wrote: My only question is when to eat during this....No way am I drinking New Years Eve if this comes on at 1 in the afternoon New Years Day....So I wake clean and sober and ready for this game....but when do I have my baby back ribs, my New Years tradition as the lucky pork food. .....Maybe halftime around 2:30...These bowl games have much longer halftimes than NFL games. I imagine at least a half hour or more, plenty of time to fix these ribs, they are the pre cooked kind that can be fixed during halftime and some BUshs Baked Beans, and some restaurant cole slaw and restaurant home made bread....I'll then eat around 3 which should start the 2nd half.....Sounds like a plan......

(12-27-2015, 03:07 PM)kevin Wrote: No thanks, I hate Irish stew....and soda bread....I like the Irish music, but the food is another story....St Patricks Day I like corn beef, but on rye with swiss cheese, which is really a German Reuben. ....NO, those baby backs in the freezer are making a halftime showing with the cole slaw and baked beans. ....Is that great coach from Cincinnati still at Notre Dame ?  Him vs Urban Meyer is a great coaching match-up.  This will be a wide open, any play could happen game. Both coaches have wild offensive play books.  I like that Defensive Monster of a LInebacker for Ohio State, and he will be a star in the NFL, one of the greats. I think he wins the game somehow. Bengals could use him, he is a monster like Butkis. 

So............   why do I feel like this narrative continues to happen despite a listener/reader is there to hear or answer?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Looks like Notre Dame will be without S Max Redfield (suspended) and CB Devin Butler.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14459328/max-redfield-sent-home-notre-dame-fighting-irish
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 03:47 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Looks like Notre Dame will be without S Max Redfield (suspended) and CB Devin Butler.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14459328/max-redfield-sent-home-notre-dame-fighting-irish

looks like both teams will have a suspended player Tongue
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
GO BUCKS!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
OSU made their opening drive look way too easy.
Reply/Quote
14-0 OSU before you can even blink!!!
Reply/Quote
Well this game just turned on a dime...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Terrible way to have your college career come to an end when you are anticipated to be the #1 overall pick in the draft.
Reply/Quote
Joey Bosa gets ejected on what I think is a bs targeting call.

I thought targeting was always helmet to helmet but apparently you can't lower your helmet to hit the player in the gut.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 03:36 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Joey Bosa gets ejected on what I think is a bs targeting call.

I thought targeting was always helmet to helmet but apparently you can't lower your helmet to hit the player in the gut.

It's the right call and the right application of the rule, but I don't know that the QB didn't impact it.

What I mean by that, is it looked to me like Joey was going to drill his shoulder into the guys midsection, but the QBs arm came down and contacted Joey's helmet, leading to the call.

But had he kept his eyes up it would be a moot point.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 03:36 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Joey Bosa gets ejected on what I think is a bs targeting call.

Officiating had to do something Bosa was destroying any chance Notre Dame had.  That was a huge BS call.  He pulled up and only couldn't get his head to the side because the QB shifted from Bosa's right to left.  Hit him no where near the QBs head or neck.  Absolutely disgusting to eject a player like that this early on something so non-violent.  
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 03:41 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It's the right call and the right application of the rule, but I don't know that the QB didn't impact it.

What I mean by that, is it looked to me like Joey was going to drill his shoulder into the guys midsection, but the QBs arm came down and contacted Joey's helmet, leading to the call.

But had he kept his eyes up it would be a moot point.

Still think it's bs and needs to be addressed during the off season. I can understand helmet to helmet but helmet to stomach? What a joke.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 03:42 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Officiating had to do something Bosa was destroying any chance Notre Dame had.  That was a huge BS call.  He pulled up and only couldn't get his head to the side because the QB shifted from Bosa's right to left.  Hit him no where near the QBs head or neck.  Absolutely disgusting to eject a player like that this early on something so non-violent.  

Not a requirement of the rule, but I agree with what you're saying about the QB shift.  I'm not convinced he would have speared him had that arm not gotten in there following the release of the ball.  I think it would have been a shoulder or a shove to the ground.
Reply/Quote
The next time Bosa takes a snap he will be a millionaire. Perhaps this ejection just ensured he hits the NFL injury free. Here's hoping he doesn't become a Brownie.
Reply/Quote
Not going to happen but it sure would be great to get rid of this terrible OC who just doesn't like to hand the ball off to one of the better RBs OSU has had in awhile. Instead he likes to run plays to the left or to the right and throw the ball. If they start running Zeke that will open up the pass game.
Reply/Quote
ND gets a gift spot on that 4th down to get the first. He clearly didn't make it. Of course no review either.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 03:58 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Not going to happen but it sure would be great to get rid of this terrible OC who just doesn't like to hand the ball off to one of the better RBs OSU has had in awhile.  Instead he likes to run plays to the left or to the right and throw the ball.  If they start running Zeke that will open up the pass game.

Need to get rid of Meyer then.  He's the one who likes that shit.  The only reason he started riding Zeke last season was to keep the season from going downhill due to Barrett's inexperience then injury.
Reply/Quote
Luke Fickell not lining up defenders on outside receivers for 3rd down is freaking genius. Seems OSU and Bengals have something in common. Both have Coordinators on both sides of the ball that don't know how to utilize their talent.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 04:02 PM)cinci4life Wrote: ND gets a gift spot on that 4th down to get the first. He clearly didn't make it. Of course no review either.

And they get a TD out of it. 14-7.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 04:02 PM)cinci4life Wrote: ND gets a gift spot on that 4th down to get the first. He clearly didn't make it. Of course no review either.

Agreed, but review wouldn't have mattered as it would have been "The call on the field stands".
Reply/Quote