Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OSU vs ND Fiesta Bowl
(01-01-2016, 04:11 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Agreed, but review wouldn't have mattered as it would have been "The call on the field stands".

Although they just showed an airial replay which looked like it could have been a conclusive view.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Time to put Barrett, Elliot, and Miller in the backfield and let Miller air one out.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 04:02 PM)cinci4life Wrote: ND gets a gift spot on that 4th down to get the first. He clearly didn't make it. Of course no review either.

No review, no measurement and call made by far judge who didn't have a view. If you think officiating isn't going to keep this game close after the embarrassment to the playoff committee by putting MSU in the playoffs you'd be kidding yourself.  

Plus why an SEC crew is officiating this game is beyond me.  If Ohio State had came out and laid a beating to this Notre Dame team the people who ranked OSU 7 would have lost all credibility.  Considering we were well on our way, the officials had to "target" OSUs best player.  
Reply/Quote
Why aren't they handing off to Elliot? Are they protecting him from potential injury?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 04:17 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Why aren't they handing off to Elliot?  Are they protecting him from potential injury?

Because they haven't all season until things get ugly.  We'd be undefeated if we used his legs regularly.
Reply/Quote
Well OSU answers right back and very easily at that 21-7.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 04:19 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Because they haven't all season until things get ugly.  We'd be undefeated if we used his legs regularly.
These last two drives they haven't given him the ball once.
I was a couple minutes behind but it looks like if we actually put the ball in the hands of one of the better RBs in college football we can actually march down the field at will and score, imagine that.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 04:20 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: These last two drives they haven't given him the ball once.

He had a 20 yard run another 10+ run and just got the TD this drive.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 04:20 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: These last two drives they haven't given him the ball once.
I was a couple minutes behind but it looks like if we actually put the ball in the hands of one of the better RBs in college football we can actually march down the field at will and score, imagine that.

Again, that's the story of the last two seasons.  Despite being an Ohio State guy, Meyer just refuses to give any precedence to the ground game.  All he wants to do is sling around the field.  I think Elliot is the last great RB we will see in Meyer's tenure, as the truly great ones will go to where they are utilized.
Reply/Quote
Too easy 28-7 OSU!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 04:30 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Too easy 28-7 OSU!

Harder than it should be.  With Bosa still in I think it would be at least 35-0.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 04:22 PM)cinci4life Wrote: He had a 20 yard run another 10+ run and just got the TD this drive.

Before they made it 21-7 I was a couple of minutes behind and they weren't giving Elliot the ball.  As soon as I posted they started feeding him and now instead of being 14-7 it's now 28-7.  
Reply/Quote
Good god refs don't make it obvious. He clearly never broke the plane. SMH
Reply/Quote
Is there a reason OSU didn't run time off the clock before scoring their last TD?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 04:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Is there a reason OSU didn't run time off the clock before scoring their last TD?

Probably because ND couldn't tackle them fast enough which resulted in big play after big play.
Reply/Quote
My God the players behind Bosa and Washington are straight up garbage. Zero push and zero pressure with those two guys gone. Doesn't help that Fickell runs the most obvious defensive scheme possible. Makes every QB look NFL star caliber when not pressured.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 04:44 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Probably because ND couldn't tackle them fast enough which resulted in big play after big play.

No I mean the 2plays inside the 10.  They snapped the ball with over 20 secs on the play clock both times  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 04:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No I mean the 2plays inside the 10.  They snapped the ball with over 20 secs on the play clock both times  

It was hurry up offense.
Reply/Quote
Defender never looked back. Refs miss PI.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 05:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It was hurry up offense.

No need at that point.  

Reply/Quote