Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT Coin Toss Rules
(01-17-2016, 12:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I never said it was a conspiracy, but you have to admit that telling the ref what you want the outcome to be BEFORE he flips it takes some of the chance out of it.

How? He flips the coin and it rotates in the air. Are you saying that the ref is an expert at flipping the coin to make sure a certain result appears? Is it a double sided coin?

It doesn't take any chance out of it. Sometimes a mistake is just a mistake. You can flip a coin 10 times and it doesn't matter what result you want it's still 50/50.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 01:14 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: How? He flips the coin and it rotates in the air. Are you saying that the ref is an expert at flipping the coin to make sure a certain result appears? Is it a double sided coin?

It doesn't take any chance out of it. Sometimes a mistake is just a mistake. You can flip a coin 10 times and it doesn't matter what result you want it's still 50/50.

I, not saying the ref was dirty, I'm saying it's possible to influence a coins rotation when you know which outcome you want prior to the flip. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 01:06 PM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: People are just crazy about everything being a conspiracy lately. It's clearly a conspiracy.

(01-17-2016, 01:07 PM)McC Wrote: It defies logic and practically defies physics.   It's almost impossible to do.

[Image: IMG_8154.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:33 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: [Image: IMG_8154.png]
Yeah, I never said a word about conspiracy.  Don't know why you're including me here.  I just said that if you flip a coin in the traditional manner, it is almost impossible for it not to turn over.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I, not saying the ref was dirty, I'm saying it's possible to influence a coins rotation when you know which outcome you want prior to the flip. 

How?
Reply/Quote
With practice, you can get a coin (or dice, in Nately's previous example) to get an outcome you'd prefer.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 04:04 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: With practice, you can get a coin (or dice, in Nately's previous example) to get an outcome you'd prefer.

Exactly...which is why the standard rule is to call it in the air.  If you call it in the air AFTER I flip it, I can no longer control its rotation.  I'm not saying it's a 100% thing or that the nfl is doing it, but the NFL uses a big ol' not real "coin" that isn't going to rotate like a penny flipped off your thumb with authority.  The less it flips the less chance is involved and the more control the "flipper" has over it's outcome.  Add that to the flipper knowing what the desired outcome is, and you have reduced randomness.
Reply/Quote