Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OT Fred Johnson Praises Pollack!
(08-20-2021, 07:27 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: Tonight will be a measuring stick game.  Washington has one of, if not the best D-line in the league.

Well, our last encounter with them was certainly, uh...memorable.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Tonight will be interesting. Last week we did well against Tampa’s 1s and they last season actually WERE the best in the league.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 11:34 AM)Joelist Wrote: Tonight will be interesting. Last week we did well against Tampa’s 1s and they last season actually WERE the best in the league.

Yes.    I'm cautiously optimistic they will play well again tonight.   I'm cautious, just because I've been a fan of this team for so long and each time I get excited, I get burned.   So, I tend to temper my enthusiasm a bit.   

However, given what we saw last week, coupled with what we are hearing from camp, I am hopeful they will improve again this week.   I'd honestly rather they have to  face off against two of the best DLines in the league from last year in preseason to figure the OLine out then have then face off against the middle of the road or worst Dlines and have them excel but leave us wondering.  
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 07:27 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: Tonight will be a measuring stick game.  Washington has one of, if not the best D-line in the league.

Yes.  Our OL is getting the ultimate crash course during this preseason going up against the Bucs and WFT back to back like this.  I think WFT has the best D in the NFL right now and could be a contender right out of the gate.  
Reply/Quote
Please tell me we aren't playing Kyle Shurmur again.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 12:57 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Please tell me we aren't playing Kyle Shurmur again.

Well probably... they won't let Allen go the whole game.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 11:34 AM)Joelist Wrote: Tonight will be interesting. Last week we did well against Tampa’s 1s and they last season actually WERE the best in the league.

Yeah, that was an impressive showing. Different DL's though and WFT is right up there with them. Carman handled Chase Young
in college, maybe he might be the best matchup going against him on the edge who knows...

(08-20-2021, 12:00 PM)jwalker3853 Wrote: Yes.    I'm cautiously optimistic they will play well again tonight.   I'm cautious, just because I've been a fan of this team for so long and each time I get excited, I get burned.   So, I tend to temper my enthusiasm a bit.   

However, given what we saw last week, coupled with what we are hearing from camp, I am hopeful they will improve again this week.   I'd honestly rather they have to  face off against two of the best DLines in the league from last year in preseason to figure the OLine out then have then face off against the middle of the road or worst Dlines and have them excel but leave us wondering.  

Feel the same, these are two great tests and the Phins aren't terrible either. What I watched of the Vikes in their first game 
against the Broncos was not impressive in any way, not even the Zim ran Defense which is usually a given to be good.

I could see us starting out 1-0 with confidence, but we all know to be cautious as Bengal fans.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 11:37 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I love how all these comments from the Olinemen are basically "For the last two years, we had a rabid baboon leading the Offensive line unit, but now we have a human being, and that's a really nice change of pace for us."

Well, I'm not surprised.  If anyone follows Willie Anderson on Twitter, he was very critical of Turner and said that he ruined Jordan.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 01:50 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Well, I'm not surprised.  If anyone follows Willie Anderson on Twitter, he was very critical of Turner and said that he ruined Jordan.

Yeah, Willie really didn't like the 2 handed punch method Turner was teaching and was very loud about it.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 12:57 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Please tell me we aren't playing Kyle Shurmur again.

I'd like to see Dungey get some snaps.

I know he's (reportedly) worse than Shurmur, but at least we'll see some variation.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 02:27 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'd like to see Dungey get some snaps.

I know he's (reportedly) worse than Shurmur, but at least we'll see some variation.

I wonder if there are any 3rd or 4th string QB's that are better than Shurmur and Dungey out there, I bet there is.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 02:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I wonder if there are any 3rd or 4th string QB's that are better than Shurmur and Dungey out there, I bet there is.

I would have to think there is.   I mean, these two really aren't worth keeping around on the PS from what we have seen (not that we have really seen Dungey).   I just don't seen either of them being much better next year.    
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 02:06 AM)SladeX Wrote: That's the question, isn't it? The coaching is better, the players are better, but are they better enough? 
A top notch FA guard would have been the best move this offseason. For once, this front office could have undeniably and unequivocally put it's money where it's mouth was. But they didn't. Now we wait and see...

I wanted to think it was because they wanted to have enough money to sign Jesse Bates.

Apparently I was mistaken in my assumptions... again.
Reply/Quote
FJ held up fine last night at RT. Hopefully Pollack's smart enough to not move him inside like that last dude did.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 12:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Turner said that? Yikes.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 07:33 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Turner said that? Yikes.

Wow. Nervous
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 12:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Not defending Turner, but celebrating after a TD is not a true sign of "loving football".  EVERYONE loves football right after his team scores a td.  That is the easy part.  

I am pretty sure what Turner was talking about was loving the game enough to put in the extra work that no one enjoys.
Reply/Quote