Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
OT Jordan Mills visiting
(04-05-2019, 05:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, is Jordan Mills a Bengal, yet?

I’d like to know the same, he can’t be any worse than hart. That one will sting for a while. It’s sad when you have more faith in a guy you haven’t seen any idea who he is not see him play but trust him over Hart
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 07:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I could not put the Bengals behind a team that win a Super Bowl like the Giants, but when you look at the entire decade I'd have the Bengals ahead of the Rams.  In 10 years the Rams had a losing record 8 times and won 2 playoff games.  That is horrible.

See, I feel ya, but I doubt Rams fans would trade Sean McVay, their recent success and SB run for what the Bengals did over those 10 years.

That's why you have to put a certain amount of extra weight on certain accomplishments. 

You personally might feel more winning in regular season trumps that, but I think if people were polled, the majority would take the Rams' scenario.

It's basically years of mediocrity vs years of awfulness followed by a light at the end the tunnel. A light that we haven't seen since the 80's.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 07:41 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I’d like to know the same, he can’t be any worse than hart. That one will sting for a while. It’s sad when you have more faith in a guy you haven’t seen any idea who he is not see him play but trust him over Hart

Actually from his stats that were posted he's a Hart clone.

Only 4 years older(28).

Many times I've heard the positive spin on Hart is that he's still young(24).

So yes.  Yes he possibly could be worse than Hart.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 10:27 PM)phil413 Wrote: The current state of the Bengals franchise is that we have an 8 page Jordan Mills thread ruling the board.

I actually came in here wondering why we have so many pages about some JAG that we haven’t even signed (yet). I see now that Jordan Mills has mutated into typical Jungle Noise shenanigans.....which is much more entertaining than talking about Jordan Mills.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 07:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: See, I feel ya, but I doubt Rams fans would trade Sean McVay, their recent success and SB run for what the Bengals did over those 10 years.

But that is just based on primacy bias.  If they had had their one seasn with a playoff win 10 years ago and were suffering through 8 straight losing season while the Bengals were playing meaningful games in playoff races almost every year then their opinion might be different.  People who claim making the playoffs and losing is as bad as going 4-12 never watched regular season games late in the year with the playoffs on the line.  I love all sorts of sports, but watching your favorite team playing meaningful games brings a tingle like nothing else.

(04-05-2019, 07:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's basically years of mediocrity vs years of awfulness followed by a light at the end the tunnel. A light that we haven't seen since the 80's.

If you look at the '15 Bengals before Dalton was injured they were doing better than the Rams this year.  And some people claim the '05 team was a legitimate championship contender.  I don't think they had enough defense to go all the way, but when that offense got hot no one could stop it.  So I say it is a littlle disingenuous to claim we have not had legitimate "light at the end of the tunnel"  We just never made it to the end of the tunnel.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 05:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But that is just based on primacy bias.  If they had had their one seasn with a playoff win 10 years ago and were suffering through 8 straight losing season while the Bengals were playing meaningful games in playoff races almost every year then their opinion might be different.  People who claim making the playoffs and losing is as bad as going 4-12 never watched regular season games late in the year with the playoffs on the line.  I love all sorts of sports, but watching your favorite team playing meaningful games brings a tingle like nothing else.

If you look at the '15 Bengals before Dalton was injured they were doing better than the Rams this year.  And some people claim the '05 team was a legitimate championship contender.  I don't think they had enough defense to go all the way, but when that offense got hot no one could stop it.  So I say it is a littlle disingenuous to claim we have not had legitimate "light at the end of the tunnel"  We just never made it to the end of the tunnel.

We've had 3 straight losing seasons, so if the Rams were currently losing, I doubt it'd change their fans minds much. They'd still be losing, sans the SB memories. I say they'd probably still keep those memories. Think about it this way. We still look back fondly on the 1988 Super Bowl run over 30 years later. Do you think we'll look back at 2011-2015 with the same level of fondness in 30 years? Of course not. 

SB runs have a heavy weight.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote