Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
OT Jordan Mills visiting
(04-01-2019, 03:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If I had to take a guess, I'd say what they are seeing in guys like Hart and Mills, is that they are gritty players and don't have injury tendencies.  They might feel that technique can be coached, but physical durability is a good quality to have.

Honestly, I like Hart and Mills as backup swing tackles. You want guys with starting experience that can at least fill in without looking like Ogbuehi. I sure hope we're looking to take a guy in the draft though. We need to do better as far as our starters.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 04:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly, I like Hart and Mills as backup swing tackles. You want guys with starting experience that can at least fill in without looking like Ogbuehi. I sure hope we're looking to take a guy in the draft though. We need to do better as far as our starters.

Yep. I'd be fairly happy with Hart as a backup for a lesser contract. Hart as the starter isn't good.

Miller is a slight upgrade to Redmond. Price will hopefully improve.
Reply/Quote
He's the Buffalo Bobby Hart.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals know what day it is...
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 02:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So given that, would you not also take Hart over this guy?

I would prefer to have actually upgraded at RT. That doesn't mean pay Trent Brown or Jawuan James $60 million. There were plenty of bargains out there that signed similar money to Hart. They chose to give Hart that contract purely because he's their guy.

Or if they insisted on bringing Hart back because they're convinced he has untapped potential, don't massively overpay him. Spare me with the contract details, I know we can get out of it next year. It's still a bad signing across the board.

Bobby Hart would still be on the market right now with Jordan Mills. So you're gonna give one bad player a decent raise, then sign a guy that's basically the same player on a minimum? I just don't see the logic in that. Then again, Bengals fans are stupid according to Troy.
Reply/Quote
Do we know anything about Mills in a zone blocking scheme versus a drive blocking scheme? If he is better drive blocking that might be more evidence they plan to ditch the zone scheme next year.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 07:40 PM)Joelist Wrote: Do we know anything about Mills in a zone blocking scheme versus a drive blocking scheme? If he is better drive blocking that might be more evidence they plan to ditch the zone scheme next year.

Well...the Guard they signed Miller was pretty bad in a Zone Blocking scheme for 3 years and better in a Power Blocking scheme.

Mills kind of was mediocre in both schemes.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 07:25 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: I would prefer to have actually upgraded at RT. That doesn't mean pay Trent Brown or Jawuan James $60 million. There were plenty of bargains out there that signed similar money to Hart. They chose to give Hart that contract purely because he's their guy.

Or if they insisted on bringing Hart back because they're convinced he has untapped potential, don't massively overpay him. Spare me with the contract details, I know we can get out of it next year. It's still a bad signing across the board.

Bobby Hart would still be on the market right now with Jordan Mills. So you're gonna give one bad player a decent raise, then sign a guy that's basically the same player on a minimum? I just don't see the logic in that. Then again, Bengals fans are stupid according to Troy.

Quantity < Quality = Model Model 2.0!
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 04:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly, I like Hart and Mills as backup swing tackles. You want guys with starting experience that can at least fill in without looking like Ogbuehi. I sure hope we're looking to take a guy in the draft though. We need to do better as far as our starters.

Hart has taken the attention off of Glenn who we at least need to be trying to replace if Hart is the future.

I hope we take a Tackle too Early.

Even if I don't trust Turner's "eye" for Oline talent.

Or Duke's.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 11:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How would bringing this guy in to potentially sign be evidence that we'd be adding 2 tackles in the draft?

IF anything, signing him would mean we would only draft 1.
what is it with us pillaging the entire Bills O Line??? Glenn, Miller now this dude
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 10:01 PM)kalibengal Wrote: what is it with us pillaging the entire Bills O Line??? Glenn, Miller now this dude

They took Bodine and Fisher from us. We retaliate!
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 10:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They took Bodine and Fisher from us. We retaliate!

We're going after Bodine next... Cool 

Ninja
Reply/Quote
Maybe they sign him and cut him in camp after they draft a guy in the first 3 rounds to be the backup swing tackle. We have enough sub par linemen on this team.
Reply/Quote
Ol' Troy Blackburn the O-Lineman whisperer guru extraordinaire.

Are we sure he's not some imposter.

Perhaps we should call Scooby and his buds to meddle in on this mystery.

My hunch is it's Paul Alexander in a mask.

His booger breathe should be a dead give away.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 10:31 PM)samhain Wrote: Maybe they sign him and cut him in camp after they draft a guy in the first 3 rounds to be the backup swing tackle.  We have enough sub par linemen on this team.

They're not going to sign this guy just to cut him. He made $2.5 million last year. He's likely going to sign a decent value contract IF he comes.

I think he's looking for a starting job.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 10:01 PM)kalibengal Wrote:  Glenn, Miller now this dude

[Image: 2000049.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 11:32 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The dude is essentially a slightly older version of Bobby Hart.

PFF rated him the #70 Tackle with a 56.0 grade.
PFF rated Hart the #69 Tackle with a 56.2 grade.

Here's a PFF free agent review of Jordan Mills:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2019-nfl-free-agency-profile-jordan-mills

I guess someone on the Bengals was really impressed with the 2016 Bills offensive line.

This is all a master plan to make Hart look better to justify that contract they gave him.  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 09:49 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They're not going to sign this guy just to cut him. He made $2.5 million last year. He's likely going to sign a decent value contract IF he comes.

I think he's looking for a starting job.

Which means...…… competition. Both need to up their games if they want to start.
Reply/Quote
If you want competition you look at people who have better track records then who you already have.

That's competition.

What they are doing is what another poster said, making sure whoever they sign doesn't outshine Hart and have fans calling for him to start.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 10:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Which means...…… competition. Both need to up their games if they want to start.

Fisher/Ced/Hart was a competition too.
Reply/Quote