Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OT - Surgery
Results are in and it's a tear. Surgery scheduled for Thursday. Merry freaking Christmas to me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 06:41 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Results are in and it's a tear. Surgery scheduled for Thursday. Merry freaking Christmas to me.

Sorry to hear that. Hope everything goes well.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 06:41 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Results are in and it's a tear. Surgery scheduled for Thursday. Merry freaking Christmas to me.

Which arm?  I would have been screwed if it had been my right arm.  I can't do shit with my left hand.

Just make sure to work at the physical therapy after the surgery.  That makes all the difference in the world in recovery.  If you don't have insurance to cover a lot of PT there are plenty of simple exercises you can do at home.  It is not like you need expensive machines to rehab an injury like that.

Hope all goes well.  Keep us informed.
Reply/Quote
In the immortal words of my old man and I quote, "Wait till you get to be my age."  The old man's 91 now and he's been telling me the same shit since I was just a kid.. I have no intention of living into my drooling years. I've predetermined my own expiration date. I've been taking care of elderly folks now for the better part of the past 20 years and want absolutely nothing to do with being elderly. But hey...good luck with it.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Thanks guys. It's my right arm, which unfortunately for me is my dominant arm. Surgery was yesterday and it seemed to go well. Those of you that had it (distal biceps tendon tear) do you recall any pain to the shoulder area? Right now, the only pain I feel is in my shoulder. Nothing major, but just curious.

Thanks for all the info gentlemen!
Reply/Quote