Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT contenders
Maybe a quick jump on things, but why not, by Sept they will be playing

I hope for good things from our o-line this year, having added Glenn and Price. However we can always rebuild further. OT is always a premium position. Hence a thread devoted to next year's prospects here. The class might be a bit more solid than last years draft overall in terms of depth. The following is a ranking with some of their key dates and match ups.

https://www.footballcouchscout.com/copy-of-og
[Image: N7L2wTe.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Looks like Trey Adams is already done for the year. Last year ACL. This year back surgery.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:26 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Looks like Trey Adams is already done for the year.  Last year ACL.  This year back surgery.

Sounds like a guy we draft.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:26 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Looks like Trey Adams is already done for the year.  Last year ACL.  This year back surgery.

I'm a huge fan of Adams, but no way we can go after a player with his injury history if we're trying to get a Super Bowl next year. 
[Image: bengaldudesig161.png]
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I don't see anyone at OT worth a Top 10 draft pick, which is what we're on pace for with our record. 3rd and 4th round I can see us taking

3rd. Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State 
4th. Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington 

In the second, I can see us taking Ben Cleveland, G, Georgia 

Boling is meh, and the other guys have done little to impress. We need to get better across the OLine.
Where We Go 1, We Go All

Reply/Quote
Trey Adams! The coaches admitted they brought him back from the ACL injury to quickly which is what caused the back injury. He could have played through it said it was more a nuisance than anything else but decided to get it taken care off before the draft.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:12 PM)Shady Wrote: I don't see anyone at OT worth a Top 10 draft pick, which is what we're on pace for with our record. 3rd and 4th round I can see us taking

Boling is meh, and the other guys have done little to impress. We need to get better across the OLine.

I could make an argument for Little, but that seems to be about it at this point.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:12 PM)Shady Wrote: I don't see anyone at OT worth a Top 10 draft pick, which is what we're on pace for with our record. 3rd and 4th round I can see us taking

Would people be OK with re-signing Andre Smith as a stopgap RT and taking Kaleb McGary? I like what he has to offer at that position.
I love mock drafts!

4/27/18 - I was wrong. Jpoore was right. Maurice Hurst did not get drafted within the first two rounds of the 2018 NFL Draft. I will uphold my end of the bet and will not post another mock draft until 4/28/19.

"Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 12:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: …. and taking Kaleb McGary? I like what he has to offer at that position.

McGary would be a nice round 2 pick imo at this point.  I like Jonah Williams, Josh Allen , and Devin White in 1.  Pretty much LB and OT as the 1st two, with a possible outlier of a TE.  It's a bummer.  I like some of the DT's and even another safety, but needs are needs.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 12:38 PM)Goalpost Wrote: McGary would be a nice round 2 pick imo at this point.  I like Jonah Williams, Josh Allen , and Devin White in 1.  Pretty much LB and OT as the 1st two, with a possible outlier of a TE.  It's a bummer.  I like some of the DT's and even another safety, but needs are needs.

If this same coaching staff Is here in 2019 ,we finish in the basement AGAIN.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 12:38 PM)Goalpost Wrote: McGary would be a nice round 2 pick imo at this point.  I like Jonah Williams, Josh Allen , and Devin White in 1.  Pretty much LB and OT as the 1st two, with a possible outlier of a TE.  It's a bummer.  I like some of the DT's and even another safety, but needs are needs.

My understanding is McGary might be a "reach" in Round 2 or probably better said as being available in Rd 3-4 due to the "depth" of OTs in the draft class (a lot of similar talent). If I was targeting McGary, it'd be in Rds 3-4 and I'd be looking at LB, TE, and/or RG in Rds 1-2. Being sufficiently active in FA will help this a lot.

EDIT - You also mention DT and safety, and I think it boils down to this...for as much as the Bengals say they value the draft, they sure don't seem to wheeling and dealing draft picks to get more or move around very often. You'd think a team that values the draft like that would try to stockpile as many Day 1 and 2 draft picks as possible because everyone knows (or should know) the talent pools drops the later you get in the draft. And that would (or should) allow more the Bengals to fill those spots with quality draft picks.
I love mock drafts!

4/27/18 - I was wrong. Jpoore was right. Maurice Hurst did not get drafted within the first two rounds of the 2018 NFL Draft. I will uphold my end of the bet and will not post another mock draft until 4/28/19.

"Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 01:10 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: If this same coaching staff Is here in 2019 ,we finish in the basement AGAIN.

The Bengals haven't finished in the basement since 2010. The Browns are still considered "the basement" right now, as they are a half-game behind the Bengals.
I love mock drafts!

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 12:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Would people be OK with re-signing Andre Smith as a stopgap RT and taking Kaleb McGary? I like what he has to offer at that position.

I would be fine with that plan.  Heck, I thought it would have been a good idea to have just signed Andre to a modest, 2 year deal, before they let him go to Arizona.  If for no other reason, than to have him as a constant reminder that they haven't drafted a Tackle worth a damn, since they drafted him...
[Image: RZ2vwlv.png?1]
Reply/Quote