Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT contenders
(01-22-2019, 01:06 PM)Au165 Wrote: Andre Dillard OT Washington State is one I am watching at the Senior Bowl as a possible round 2 Tackle. He can pass protect but I have questions on his power. If he can hold up against some of the bull rush he will see this week I am sold on him.

I have an eye on this kid also. I see a lot of WSU games and this kid can pass protect. Menshew got all the press this year, but his line was exceptional.
Reply/Quote
More and more people are jumping on the Cody Ford train he could be the first offensive lineman taken and has a decent shot as a top 10 pick.

I expect Jonah William's to ebb back toward the top with a decent measurables at the Combine but if he comes in with shorter than expected arm length (already considered short) he could be a guy talked about inside.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 01:06 PM)Au165 Wrote: Andre Dillard OT Washington State is one I am watching at the Senior Bowl as a possible round 2 Tackle. He can pass protect but I have questions on his power. If he can hold up against some of the bull rush he will see this week I am sold on him.

Reading your description makes me cringe a little.  Sounds a lot like the last 2 OTs we drafted.  I think they need to look for a traditional Bengals OT in the vein of Willie and Whit, ie a monster who can move people in the run game, plus good enough technique to become a plus pass-blocker.  

I don't want any more power forwards playing o-line for this team.

Maybe Dillard is Tyvon Smith reborn, but I'd rather I guy have the power in his game already and then be coached on the technique.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 03:29 PM)samhain Wrote: Reading your description makes me cringe a little.  Sounds a lot like the last 2 OTs we drafted.  I think they need to look for a traditional Bengals OT in the vein of Willie and Whit, ie a monster who can move people in the run game, plus good enough technique to become a plus pass-blocker.  

I don't want any more power forwards playing o-line for this team.

Maybe Dillard is Tyvon Smith reborn, but I'd rather I guy have the power in his game already and then be coached on the technique.

^This is where I am right now, too.  I think the rest of the league is heading toward the same mindset, with all of the highly drafted OTs that have been bombing out, in recent years.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I havent been able to keep up as much as i would like. But once i get a bad taste in my mouth its hard for me to sell myself on somwbody again. Cant remember what game it was but Jonah got put on his ass. I started having Ogbuehi flashbacks and had to go to the hospital.

I had pretty much written him off. But after watching him a little last night he started to grow on me. I wanted to trade up for Quenton Nelson last year. Then we traded for Glenn and i started hoping for McGlinchey. But still praying for Nelson. Its hard looking at the prospects this year and not seeing somebody as badass as Nelson. The bar is set high.

This is a great free agent tackle class. I am hoping we get a couple proven guys. If we get no free agents we have to double up at tackle.

Jonah is growing on me in the 1st. But i dont see the bully mentality that i covet.

And i am seeing 3rd-4th round grades on Mitch Hyatt and i just dont understand. Stud LT who played the most games ever for Clemson who has been the best or 2nd best team in the country wince he has been starting. I dont get the lack of respect
Reply/Quote
Chuma Edoga OT USC has been the best tackle of the week during practices now he's shutting out Montez Sweat.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 06:15 PM)Synric Wrote: Chuma Edoga OT USC has been the best tackle of the week during practices now he's shutting out Montez Sweat.

I also like Edoga in round 3 if he last that long.  He and Risner are my two favorites at OT.  Here is a little write up.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/2019/2019-senior-bowl-stock-watch/

Chuma Edoga, OT, USC

There wasn’t much fanfare coming in but Edoga was one of this year’s most pleasant surprises.  Everyone knew Edoga was a good athlete, but there was some question as to whether he could stick at tackle or if he’d have to kick inside to guard.  Edoga started the week off well by weighing in at 6-3 3/4 and 303 pounds with 34 7/8 inch arms, alleviating concerns about his length.  Edoga then more than held his own on the edge at left tackle against some good pass rushers.  At this point Edoga looks like a nice potential value early on Day 3 as a versatile blocker with upside.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2019, 02:50 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I also like Edoga in round 3 if he last that long.  He and Risner are my two favorites at OT.  Here is a little write up.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/2019/2019-senior-bowl-stock-watch/

Chuma Edoga, OT, USC

There wasn’t much fanfare coming in but Edoga was one of this year’s most pleasant surprises.  Everyone knew Edoga was a good athlete, but there was some question as to whether he could stick at tackle or if he’d have to kick inside to guard.  Edoga started the week off well by weighing in at 6-3 3/4 and 303 pounds with 34 7/8 inch arms, alleviating concerns about his length.  Edoga then more than held his own on the edge at left tackle against some good pass rushers.  At this point Edoga looks like a nice potential value early on Day 3 as a versatile blocker with upside.

He is someone teams are looking at now. If he continues to look that good through the whole process he could be a late first early second round pick.

Every team in the NFL needs linemen and a guy that's shown he can play left tackle will be drafted high.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 06:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If you're going to run an offense similar to LA, you need a mean-ass RT that will knock some people on their butts in the running game.  Cody Ford appears more than capable of doing just that.  At first, I had some concerns about his pass blocking, from a "scouting report" that I had read.  Since then, I've taken the time to actually watch some film that breaks down what he's doing in each aspect of the game.  Now, I'm fairly convinced that the concerns expressed in the initial scouting report were a bit overblown, or just plain bias on the part of the author of the report.

Right now, I'm still convinced that Ford will be around in the middle of the 1st round.  Come draft night, if the Bengals really want him, I would have no issues if they took him, or even traded back a couple spots and picked up an extra 2nd round pick in the process, to take him.  

The bias is because we err Oklahoma used to be known as a spread offense, so blocking isn't as critical as it is in a Pro-Set. With the addition of Lincoln Riley to the mix as OC, we run a combo of Spread/Air Raid with a solid running game as well, so no one knows how to grade the OL we have because the big uglies aren't required to maintain a block for long in passing situations but they are all road graders. We have 3 more OL that will enter the draft next year and they are all 3 all Big 12 pre-season favorites. And I love the Hurts Transfer. it was a great move to give us a chance to get the 5-Star Freshman QB (Spencer Rattler) we signed a 1 year bridge before he takes over for a couple years.
I think he has the athleticism to be a LT in the NFL.

Thing is, you could take Cody in round 1 then move up a little in round 2 maybe and get Bobby Evans. Keep Glenn and let him teach Bobby how to use his hands better and Bobby would be a good LT.

We need to wait and see how the Pro-Days and Combine goes first, everyone shifts up and down based on that. Just like how Orlando Brown Jr fell, but still ended up being a solid RT in the NFL Level. Tapes don't lie, combines can fool you. Look at Art Modell, he loved those combine freaks.

Was so mad when we skipped him not once, but 2x's in the 3rd round last year.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 08:13 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: The bias is because we err Oklahoma used to be known as a spread offense, so blocking isn't as critical as it is in a Pro-Set. With the addition of Lincoln Riley to the mix as OC, we run a combo of Spread/Air Raid with a solid running game as well, so no one knows how to grade the OL we have because the big uglies aren't required to maintain a block for long in passing situations but they are all road graders. We have 3 more OL that will enter the draft next year and they are all 3 all Big 12 pre-season favorites. And I love the Hurts Transfer. it was a great move to give us a chance to get the 5-Star Freshman QB (Spencer Rattler) we signed a 1 year bridge before he takes over for a couple years.
I think he has the athleticism to be a LT in the NFL.

Thing is, you could take Cody in round 1 then move up a little in round 2 maybe and get Bobby Evans. Keep Glenn and let him teach Bobby how to use his hands better and Bobby would be a good LT.

We need to wait and see how the Pro-Days and Combine goes first, everyone shifts up and down based on that. Just like how Orlando Brown Jr fell, but still ended up being a solid RT in the NFL Level. Tapes don't lie, combines can fool you. Look at Art Modell, he loved those combine freaks.

Was so mad when we skipped him not once, but 2x's in the 3rd round last year.

I agree with you, the combine is an absolute mirage.  Any time that you give players 4, and in some cases 5+ months to prepare to be in the best physical condition of their lives, and allow them to know specifically what tests to train for;  You're not getting an accurate representation of who they are as an actual football player.

The superstars of the underwear Olympics have been screwing up the draft, ever since it's inception.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote