Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OTA Week 2 Updates
(06-04-2015, 03:05 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: How has Geno Atkins' looked?

Good question, i second it.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 03:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:
Good question, i second it.

It looks like hes practicing in shorts

Gonna have to wait till they are allowed full contract to really know
Reply/Quote
Rex is the only one that showed up for the playoff game. For that alone, I'm all on the Rex Bandwagon. I remember him shredding Georgia. Giving Williams fits. So he had potential. I think he can contribute on offense, but how or whose targets is he taking?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 05:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: It looks like hes practicing in shorts

Gonna have to wait till they are allowed full contract to really know

I figured, our season rides on a few guys and he is one of them.

If Geno returns to his Probowl form our Defense is one of the best once again.

Especially with MJ back and Sims by his side instead of Peko.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 01:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I figured, our season rides on a few guys and he is one of them.

If Geno returns to his Probowl form our Defense is one of the best once again.

Especially with MJ back and Sims by his side instead of Peko.

Yeah but we arent gonna know if Geno is back to his probowl form until they can hit
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 08:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: Rex is the only one that showed up for the playoff game. For that alone, I'm all on the Rex Bandwagon. I remember him shredding Georgia. Giving Williams fits. So he had potential. I think he can contribute on offense, but how or whose targets is he taking?

Really good question.  My response (and I am not on the coaching staff as of this post :snark: ) would be to spell Gio as a third down back that can run, and also be a receiver.  Another way is as a slot receiver.  This has been Sanu's role, but he has been asked to flex outside so many times due to injury.  Now that they have Moore and possibly Alford to rotate with MLJ in the X role, I could see Sanu losing snaps to Burkhead in the slot, and possibly the position altogether.  I like Sanu, but he had a lot of drops and has had difficulty getting separation.  This appears to be a strong suit of Burkheads, and we shouldn't discount the importance of a slot receiver that could be a safety valve to AD. 
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 10:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Really good question.  My response (and I am not on the coaching staff as of this post :snark: ) would be to spell Gio as a third down back that can run, and also be a receiver.  Another way is as a slot receiver.  This has been Sanu's role, but he has been asked to flex outside so many times due to injury.  Now that they have Moore and possibly Alford to rotate with MLJ in the X role, I could see Sanu losing snaps to Burkhead in the slot, and possibly the position altogether.  I like Sanu, but he had a lot of drops and has had difficulty getting separation.  This appears to be a strong suit of Burkheads, and we shouldn't discount the importance of a slot receiver that could be a safety valve to AD. 

Being able to rotate just about every WR spot should keep them legs fresh deep into the game.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 08:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: Rex is the only one that showed up for the playoff game. For that alone, I'm all on the Rex Bandwagon. I remember him shredding Georgia. Giving Williams fits. So he had potential. I think he can contribute on offense, but how or whose targets is he taking?

Rex did okay. And when we had Hill running too we were keeping the game tight. But the complete lack of receivers did catch up with us and then Hill got hurt which meant no running game in the second half. Add in the complete lack of pressure on Luck and the ignominy of letting Boom Herron run all over us and the result was not a surprise. 
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 01:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Especially with MJ back and Sims by his side instead of Peko.

Peko is better than Sims.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 10:15 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Being able to rotate just about every WR spot should keep them legs fresh deep into the game.

And the season!  Being "fresh" heading in to the playoffs is what this team has been lacking.  They have consistently limped in to the postseason. 

Marv and Co. need to start emphasizing to protect themselves and get down once you have moved the sticks, or run out of bounds if that is an option.  I'm sure to draw the ire of some with this point of view, but I am tired of watching guys get laid out fighting for an extra two feet when they already have a first down and getting injured or turning the ball over.  Those extra two feet don't make a difference if that player can't help us down the stretch.

Chad Johnson used to get ridiculed (!) for not getting as many YAC as some of the top WR in the game, but he was also rarely injured. 

If the game is on the line and we need those two feet to move the sticks, absolutely.  However, many times these occur in games with a lead and just trying to maintain possession and move the sticks.   Pointless.

The other way to stay fresh is your point about using all the weapons and keeping legs fresh with a good rotation.  This not only keeps your top talent fresh, but helps to prepare your backups by giving them game experience.  We saw a pretty good, albeit small, sample of what James Wright can do last season.  Ditto Burkhead.  I hope Alford, Kroft, Hewitt, and maybe even guys like Wilder (assuming he can beat out Peerman) get in to the action. 

I look at the 102 receptions that Matt Forte had a year ago, and I can't help but think our RBs need to be more of the passing game plan.  I know Chicago stinks, but those check downs are deflating to a defense and helps protect your QB.  I hope GIo, Rex, and Hill all get significant targets even if only as check downs. 
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 08:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Peko is better than Sims at nothing football related.

FIFY
Reply/Quote
Speaking of Sims he's looking huge (in a good way, since we need someone to plug the middle) in the OTA pics.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 09:02 AM)djs7685 Wrote: FIFY

Wow.  How clever.  Got anything to back up that claim?

Sims could not even start last year for a defense that ranked dead last in points allowed.  He had 25 total tackles and zero sacks.  Even our pathetic rush defense was better than the Raiders last year.  Peko had twice as many tackles (50) as Sims, and even had one more sack.

In actually like Sims as depth, but saying he is better than Peko is ridiculous.
Reply/Quote