Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OTs You're Interested In?
(01-12-2023, 12:40 AM)hotchili9 Wrote: Ton of quality tackles to pick from 2nd round and lower

Guy that intrigues me farther down the Tackle list is Dawand Jones from Ohio St. 

6-8 and close to 360 lbs 

Will be imposing in the run game and can improve his game in pass protection

Dawand Jones like Daniel Faalele is intriguing size. You always hear moves well but that's for his size he is not a dynamic athlete. Like Faalele the Senior Bowl will be great or a curse for Jones. Faalele stepped into the Senior Bowl and showed he didnt have thr athleticism to recover from an outside pass rush move work back to the inside.

(01-14-2023, 11:54 PM)knoblejr Wrote: Duncan sucks. Anton Harrison is the best pass blocker of the top four. But check this guy out in the later rounds he was the number three tackle last year entering the season according to pff then they moved him to guard. He is still the best tackle in the draft he is just recovering from a surgery.

Jaxson Kirkland report- pretty outdated but how i felt then

pff report with him as tackle 3

So what I'm saying is this kid could be an absolute steal, but if you dont like him Harrison is the best pass blocker but i think he'll go in round 1.
Kirkland is a beast on tape and outside of his one game against Aidan Hutchinson hes been almost perfect

Anton Harrison is a major boom or bust prospect. He is a good athlete with plenty of starting experience and good technique but he has zero power. His first year in the NFL will definitely be a major struggle and he may never get used to the size and power of the NFL.

Jaelan Duncun is all over the place with his technique he reminds me of Jackson Carman. All the talent in the world but sloppy. He could do what Carman hasn't and change.

As for a guy I watched Darnell Wright vs Will Anderson Jr in 2022 and 2021 games... and the tape didnt make me want to puke. That's saying alot about most tackle tape vs Anderson.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 12:39 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Ok, Jpoore

This slight towards Jpoore makes me laugh.

But it clearly can't be Jpoore, he isn't slobbering over PJJ, D Jones or Wypler.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 08:39 AM)Synric Wrote: Dawand Jones like Daniel Faalele is intriguing size. You always hear moves well but that's for his size he is not a dynamic athlete. Like Faalele the Senior Bowl will be great or a curse for Jones. Faalele stepped into the Senior Bowl and showed he didnt have thr athleticism to recover from an outside pass rush move work back to the inside.

Anton Harrison is a major boom or bust prospect. He is a good athlete with plenty of starting experience and good technique but he has zero power. His first year in the NFL will definitely be a major struggle and he may never get used to the size and power of the NFL.

Jaelan Duncun is all over the place with his technique he reminds me of Jackson Carman. All the talent in the world but sloppy. He could do what Carman hasn't and change.

As for a guy I watched Darnell Wright vs Will Anderson Jr in 2022 and 2021 games... and the tape didnt make me want to puke. That's saying alot about most tackle tape vs Anderson.

I'm leaning towards a top 4 wish list being:

Wright
Forbes
Bergeron
McGuire (Mizzou)

I don't see any of the top 5 CBs or Top 3 Edges available in Rd 1. I've cooled on wanting the top 3 OTs as 2 have only played LT whereas our biggest weakness is RT. 

Forbes is a ball hawk and groomed in zone schemes. 

Bergeron feels like a person that could be groomed to replace Jonah. Loved watching his tape against Murphy even if a few reps probably could have had holding calls. Good size as well at 6'5" 312. Projected almost 34 in. arms and will be at the SB.

McGuire gave B. Jones everything he could handle. Good size 6'4" at 275. Will also be at the SB so his stock may raise or lower in that week. His projections right now vary wildly.

Edit, changed last sentence to state McGuire instead of Forbes as a mistype.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 12:04 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: This slight towards Jpoore makes me laugh.

But it clearly can't be Jpoore, he isn't slobbering over PJJ, D Jones or Wypler.

That’s because they only run 4.2.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 03:45 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That’s because they only run 4.2.

This comment confuses me, no offense. I have no idea what you mean.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 06:19 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: This comment confuses me, no offense. I have no idea what you mean.

Seemed like Jpoore always claimed OSU players ran a 4.2 forty.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 07:42 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Seemed like Jpoore always claimed OSU players ran a 4.2 forty.

Ah, I forgot that element. Just remembered the unfettered biased towards all players OSU and how they should have 22 first round picks every year from that squad to him
Reply/Quote