Hubbard
Erickson
Bullock
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oakland Game Ball
(12-16-2018, 08:22 PM)SnakeEyez925 Wrote: Mixon.

I wish some of the other players had his heart and desire sometimes, too.

Welcome to the boards.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 08:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I have literally never seen any Erickson hate.

Don't know what to tell ya, lol. It was more last year, and he wasn't playing his best for sure. But there were definitely a few. 
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 01:18 AM)jmccracky Wrote: Don't know what to tell ya, lol. It was more last year, and he wasn't playing his best for sure. But there were definitely a few. 

Pretty sure there was some Erickson hate in the Preseason this year when it was discussed that keeping him may make us cut Calvin Johnson  I mean Auden Tate. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 08:24 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Welcome to the boards.

Thank you, sir.

Happy to be here.  

Love the team.  They just don't love me back.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 06:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Easy one for me. Joe Mixon all the way. Nice to see Geno finally have a big day too though.

Funny how that happened after Hubbard was making some big plays.  Hubbard has been the steal of the draft for us thus far.  
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 08:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Funny how that happened after Hubbard was making some big plays.  Hubbard has been the steal of the draft for us thus far.  

He definitely showed promise yesterday. What concerns me is that, despite yesterday's performance, he has had long periods of basically no production this season. I know he's a rookie, but I wonder if his success against Oakland was a product of going against an insanely overdrafted tackle (think Ogbuehi levels of overdrafted) in Kolton Miller.

I look forward to him proving me wrong, but I worry he just isn't athletic enough to truly be a terror off the edge against anything except the dregs of talent in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 06:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Been quite a while since we needed one of these.

Joe Mixon 27 carries for 129 yds 2 TD 4.8 avg

Geno Atkins 3 sacks 5 solo tackles 1 ast

Sam Hubbard 2 sacks 1 FF

Alex Erickson 4 kick returns for 168 yds 42 avg

Randy Bullock 3/3 FG 38 Lng 12 pts

Jeff Dri....just kidding

Give me Alex Erickson.  The stat line alone is great, but what that doesn't tell us is how he set up the offense nicely, and flipped field position all day long.  I would give the runner up to Mixon, for sure, but I think Erickson's contributions are overlooked.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 08:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I have literally never seen any Erickson hate.

There has been some....although far and few between.  Haven't seen any lately though.

Reply/Quote
If there was a category for 'Best All Around Contributor', my vote would easily be Hubbard. 2 sacks and a forced fumble on defense. He was fullback at times on offense. Was open for a TD pass that got blocked by old man Frostee. And then he was a blocker on kickoff return as well.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
How many points would we have scored without Mixon?

Gotta be him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 03:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: There has been some....although far and few between.  Haven't seen any lately though.

"He runs scared, he's nothing special, I miss (Brandon) Tate."

You're right though, it's died down for sure.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 04:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: "He runs scared, he's nothing special, I miss (Brandon) Tate."

You're right though, it's died down for sure.

Yep....saw some this preseason.  He's like #2 in the NFL this year, isn't he?

Reply/Quote
Mixon, dude was a beast. Best game he has had yet as a pro with many more to come. Cool
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 04:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep....saw some this preseason.  He's like #2 in the NFL this year, isn't he?

2nd in kick return yards
4th in kick return average
5th in punt return average

He's had a stellar year on a bad team. A lot like Mixon and Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 04:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 2nd in kick return yards

Indeed.  He had a nice play or two negated by John Ross penalties on offense yesterday too.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 04:15 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yep....saw some this preseason.  He's like #2 in the NFL this year, isn't he?

2nd in kick return yds (only 27 behind 1st)

Tied for 3rd yds/kick return

2nd in kick & punt returns yds

Reply/Quote
Got to go with Mixon.   The guy was able to carry the team offensively when Oakland knew he was the only legitimate threat.

But I want to give props to Hubbard and Erickson as well.   Both played stellar games.  They are true football players and Erickson has quietly been a monster on special teams all year long - and would have had better stats if so many of his returns had not been called back by penalty.

Whoever said he runs scared isn't watching.  The guy is fearless - as a returner and as a receiver.  The guy has heart and smarts.

I have to say that Cody Core has been looking up the last couple of games.  Hope he keeps it up!
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 04:55 PM)3wt Wrote: Got to go with Mixon.   The guy was able to carry the team offensively when Oakland knew he was the only legitimate threat.

But I want to give props to Hubbard and Erickson as well.   Both played stellar games.  They are true football players and Erickson has quietly been a monster on special teams all year long - and would have had better stats if so many of his returns had not been called back by penalty.

Whoever said he runs scared isn't watching.  The guy is fearless - as a returner and as a receiver.  The guy has heart and smarts.

I have to say that Cody Core has been looking up the last couple of games.  Hope he keeps it up!

Good point, he seems to have settled down a bit.  I usually cringe when they throw his way, but lately he is hanging on to the ball.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 04:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 2nd in kick return yards

(12-17-2018, 04:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 2nd in kick return yds (only 27 behind 1st)

Damn, Erickson is having a great year and i didn't even know it. Blocking must be better this year too.

(12-17-2018, 04:55 PM)3wt Wrote: Got to go with Mixon.   The guy was able to carry the team offensively when Oakland knew he was the only legitimate threat.

Nice to hear Core doing some good things, we need some of these Receivers to step it up in Green and Boyd's absence.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 04:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 2nd in kick return yds (only 27 behind 1st)

Kick return yards are deceptive. Because the Bengal defense is so bad he gets more opportunities to return kickoffs. In a perfect world I would like him to have only one kickoff opportunity per game.
Reply/Quote