Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oakland Raiders
I just heard(and I could care less) the Raiders are loading up the trucks and moving to LAS VEGAS! Of course LA is now getting another team!  I guess other owners have revenue in mind also! Just a numbers game! WTF
Reply/Quote
The good people of the east Bay deserve better than this. Their Simple Jack lookin' owner is gonna have a long drive to his favorite P.F. Chang's and hair stylist.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Wrong forum.

Surprised they actually did it after the season they had
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 08:42 PM)Clep Wrote: Wrong forum.

Surprised they actually did it after the season they had

"AROUND THE NFL"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ninja   Tongue

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The NFL is a business. The owners are looking to maximize their profits. If I were an owner I'd be doing the same thing. Oakland is flat broke, and like it or not, in today's NFL, cities (read: the tax payers) bear the burden for building stadiums for billionaires. Oakland just has no money to do that for this particular billionaire. Is it fair to the fans? Nah. But, that's business.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
This is part of the NFL. Teams move all the time. No big deal to me.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I have to think they will get the most away team fans traveling there for games. If folks were already wanting to do a Vegas trip, just double-dip it when their team is playing there. Talk about the perfect weekend getaway.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I honestly feel bad for those fans out in Oakland. I have a buddy (Cincy transplant) who lives out in the Bay area whom I have visited with a handful of times and he works with and knows plenty of die-hard Raider fans. And I mean die-hard. Seeing their team pick up and bolt has to be terrible.

Although, I have to say, the Las Vegas Raiders sounds really cool to me.
Reply/Quote
Don't matter to me where they (or the Bengals for that matter)  play . They could all play in Africa or Iran and it wouldn't really change much. It would definitely change television viewership ,but if football were no more we'd all find something else to gripe about and do 16 days per year .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2017, 01:07 AM)Millhouse Wrote: I have to think they will get the most away team fans traveling there for games. If folks were already wanting to do a Vegas trip, just double-dip it when their team is playing there. Talk about the perfect weekend getaway.

I was thinking the same thing...

I feel bad for those folks...losing Golden State, and now the Raiders potentially, but money is the ultimate motivator here and they will make a killing in Vegas.  

BTW, it isn't actually a done deal as I understand it....the Raiders merely filed paperwork to start the process, but a lot has to happen still to make it reality.  
Reply/Quote
Its a terrible idea to move to Vegas for the Raiders if the goal is to win but I think it will be a good move for the NFL because of the money.

Why its a bad move- No one is from Vegas that lives in Vegas so they already have their own teams to root for. Also the raider fans that live in California are not going to want to make the weekly 4 hour drive or go threw Airport security on a weekly basis just to go to a football game. Also their going from the 6th highest market in the country to the 40th.

Why is it good- their is a brand new stadium which will make a ton of money for the NFL, Raiders, and Las Vegas. It will also attract major events like a Superbowl, WrestleMania, Final Four, NFL draft and many others. Also its good for opposing fans who wanted to visit Oakland? Now it gives the average fan an excuse to have boys/girls weekend in Vegas.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2017, 07:14 PM)J24 Wrote: Its a terrible idea to move to Vegas for the Raiders if the goal is to win but I think it will be a good move for the NFL because of the money.

Why its a bad move- No one is from Vegas that lives in Vegas so they already have their own teams to root for. Also the raider fans that live in California are not going to want to make the weekly 4 hour drive or go threw Airport security on a weekly basis just to go to a football game. Also their going from the 6th highest market in the country to the 40th.

Why is it good- their is a brand new stadium which will make a ton of money for the NFL, Raiders, and Las Vegas. It will also attract major events like a Superbowl, WrestleMania, Final Four, NFL draft and many others. Also its good for opposing fans who wanted to visit Oakland? Now it gives the average fan an excuse to have boys/girls weekend in Vegas.

There are a lot of Raider fans in the surrounding states, undoubtedly many of them in Las Vegas, so they won't be short of hometown fans.  And for the reasons you state on your second paragraph, a Raiders ticket is going to be a hot commodity.  Probably more than a few on this board and Bengaldom will make the trek out when we play there.  Unfortunately, unless we finish in the same spot in our respective divisions and play out there, we won't see a Bengals game in Vegas until 2021.
Reply/Quote
My bad I was just repeating what I had heard on the Radio. I guess if it happens the team will move in 2020.
Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 04:57 PM)junglefever67 Wrote: My bad  I was just repeating what I had heard on the Radio. I guess if it happens the team will move in 2020.
Mellow

That's the crazy part of it - they'd play in Oakland for two more seasons, maybe three.  Will Raider home games eventually be like Charger home games?  If I'm a Raider STH, I'd tell them to go **** themselves and spend my money anywhere else.
Reply/Quote
I read an article yesterday that the Raiders were broke! LMAO
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals ever move...
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 07:51 PM)junglefever67 Wrote: I just heard(and I could care less) the Raiders are loading up the trucks and moving to LAS VEGAS! Of course LA is now getting another team!  I guess other owners have revenue in mind also! Just a numbers game! WTF

Don't tell me Mike Browns Family isn't now looking at St Louis, San Diego, Oakland or other cities as a possible move in the future. Something to bargain with to highest bidder as they blackmail somebody into a new stadium the next time. Riverfront opened in 1970 and by 1995 they said it was too old. 25 years. So Paul Brown stadium opened around 2000. Mark 2025 down as the Bengals and NFL say it is too old. Give or take a few years. Once we hit 2020 in 3 years, you will start hearing Brown Family considering a bigger area than Cincinnati. St Louis with the doomed stadium also would provide indoor practice and possible hosting of Super Bowl and other indoor events.  Do not rule out Bengals moving in 3 to 8 years time frame. San Diego and Oakland may become tempting. Look, if Miami and Dallas can play New York area teams and games in London, the NFL won't worry much about an AFC North team moving. They may even want Pittsburg playing in St Louis or San Diego or Oakland twice a year. From any of these cities Brown Family could put in bid to host Super Bowl and other major events non football.

The Raiders play in the worst stadium on the worst field in the NFL. Did they ever cover that baseball dirt infield ?.....Oakland really dragged it's feet on a new stadium, so yes, VIVA LAS VEGAS. This leaves the Brown Family salivating over these vacated bigger cities. I see the children of Paul and Mike Brown having cities in a new stadium bidding war in the very near future. The Brown Family got hit with that Inheritance Tax when Paul Brown died. I look for them to be pulling moves to dodge this more when Mike passes on, or at least have a very lucrative new city deal.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 05:19 AM)kevin Wrote: Don't tell me Mike Browns Family isn't now looking at St Louis, San Diego, Oakland or other cities as a possible move in the future. Something to bargain with to highest bidder as they blackmail somebody into a new stadium the next time. Riverfront opened in 1970 and by 1995 they said it was too old. 25 years. So Paul Brown stadium opened around 2000. Mark 2025 down as the Bengals and NFL say it is too old. Give or take a few years. Once we hit 2020 in 3 years, you will start hearing Brown Family considering a bigger area than Cincinnati. St Louis with the doomed stadium also would provide indoor practice and possible hosting of Super Bowl and other indoor events.  Do not rule out Bengals moving in 3 to 8 years time frame. San Diego and Oakland may become tempting. Look, if Miami and Dallas can play New York area teams and games in London, the NFL won't worry much about an AFC North team moving. They may even want Pittsburg playing in St Louis or San Diego or Oakland twice a year. From any of these cities Brown Family could put in bid to host Super Bowl and other major events non football.

The Raiders play in the worst stadium on the worst field in the NFL. Did they ever cover that baseball dirt infield ?.....Oakland really dragged it's feet on a new stadium, so yes, VIVA LAS VEGAS.  This leaves the Brown Family salivating over these vacated bigger cities. I see the children of Paul and Mike Brown having cities in a new stadium bidding war in the very near future. The Brown Family got hit with that Inheritance Tax when Paul Brown died. I look for them to be pulling moves to dodge this more when Mike passes on, or at least have a very lucrative new city deal.

I agree to an extent but I imagine the city and the team will just do a major redo to Paul  Brown. Stadium at some point in the 2020s. Cincinnati FC will want/need a new stadium to get into the MLS. So maybe they team up with Bengals and redo Paul Brown stadium.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 05:19 AM)kevin Wrote: The Raiders play in the worst stadium on the worst field in the NFL. Did they ever cover that baseball dirt infield ?.....Oakland really dragged it's feet on a new stadium, so yes, VIVA LAS VEGAS.  This leaves the Brown Family salivating over these vacated bigger cities. I see the children of Paul and Mike Brown having cities in a new stadium bidding war in the very near future. The Brown Family got hit with that Inheritance Tax when Paul Brown died. I look for them to be pulling moves to dodge this more when Mike passes on, or at least have a very lucrative new city deal.

My hope would be that one day Katie wakes up and says "You know, this team was Grandpa and Dad's thing.  Me, I'm kinda 'meh' about the whole thing.  Now that Dad's gone, I think it's time we cash out and let someone that actually wants to run an NFL team own this team."  Then she can sell to someone who actually wants to win instead of watching numbers grow on a balance sheet.  And we'll all live happily ever after.
Reply/Quote
Good Post
Reply/Quote