Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oakman under investigation for sexual assault
Oakman being investigated:

Quote: Former Baylor defensive end and NFL prospect Shawn Oakman is reportedly under investigation for an alleged sexual assault.

"While we are aware that there appears to be the beginning of an investigation, no charges have been filed and we are cooperating with the investigation," Oakman's agent, Kennard McGuire, told 1660 ESPN's David Smoak.

The news of an investigation into an ex-Baylor player was first reported by the Waco Tribune-Herald, which chose not to identify the player's name "because he has not been arrested." Orangebloods.com's Alex Dunlap then reported that the player was Oakman. Dunlap provided photographs of a search warrant affidavit that named Oakman as the suspect.

I'm guessing he went from mid-round to late-round/PFA. Still wouldn't mind the Bengals taking a flyer on him but not at any substantial cost.

(I wanted the team to sign La'el Collins last year too and that's turned out gangbusters for the Cowboys.)
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 02:08 PM)WrongVerb Wrote: Oakman being investigated:

I'm guessing he went from mid-round to late-round/PFA. Still wouldn't mind the Bengals taking a flyer on him but not at any substantial cost.

(I wanted the team to sign La'el Collins last year too and that's turned out gangbusters for the Cowboys.)

We will see how this goes but this hurt his stock big time even if he is innocent.

This shouldn't be over before the draft. He might go undrafted cause of this.
Reply/Quote
If this is settled and he is found to have done nothing wrong then I wouldn't think it will affect his stock too much. However, we are less than three weeks away from the draft starting so there is a good chance this doesn't get resolved. If he sexually assaulted someone then he is off the board...period! This is a situation that teams will have to investigate and I fully expect the Bengals to do so since Oakman fits the mold of the type of Defensive End we typically draft.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 97e61f64087d15621ed797f253330ec6.jpg]
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
well atleast he's already yoked u for prison

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
2 years ago this guy was the LeBron James of college football. Now he may go undrafted.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Teams will investigate for themselves if they are interested in drafting him.

These could be very serious allegations, or they could be nothing.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 08:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2 years ago this guy was the LeBron James of college football. Now he may go undrafted.

Scouts were already down on him pretty hard.

Still an incredible physical specimen, but he has not done much at all in college.

**EDIT**  He had 11 sacks and 19.5 TFL in 2014.  That is pretty good.  But he faded to 4.5 sacks in 2015.

His skinny legs remind me of Michael Johnson coming out of college.  The Bengals were on Hard Knocks MJ's rookie season, and it showed him weighing in at 255 lbs.  At 6'7" he looked more like an NBA player than a DE.  But Oakman's upper body is ridiculous.  He is built like a cartoon superhero.
Reply/Quote
Oakman has been arrested:

Quote:Baylor’s Shawn Oakman was arrested on sexual assault charges stemming from an incident on April 3rd, as Tommy Witherspoon of The Waco Tribune writes. The woman went to the hospital after the alleged early Sunday morning assault and was examined by a sexual assault nurse examiner, according to court records. Oakman, meanwhile, maintains that their contact was consensual.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 11:08 AM)WrongVerb Wrote: Oakman has been arrested:

Interesting...I know a girl who goes to Baylor and knows Oakman. Says he's literally the nicest guy on campus, and she can't believe whats happening. Hopefully the real truth (whatever it is) comes out soon. Unfortunately for him it won't be before the draft. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This guy has had a rough pre-draft. If he is there in say the 5th, i would definitely take a chance on him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Im 95% certain he will not get drafted. The other 5% is a chance a team other than the Bengals takes him. We have been avoiding people with off the field stuff pretty hardcore.
Reply/Quote