Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Obama Scandals
With the potential revelation of Trump's tax returns being tied to several Russian loans, his pushing to hold the next G7 event at his own property, and just about everything else DJT touches being dirty I feel the need to be fair today so I wanted to remind everyone about this event that happened on this day in history 8/28/2014.

Yes, I know there were other "scandals" like Fast & Furious and such.  Thanks for ruining a joke.

Such a dark day.  Sad

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Americans don't care. Replace Trumps name with a Dem and then you'd get the outrage.

Republicans have the luxury of not being held to high standards.

Only good thing about Trumps presidency is it exposes this every day.

Trumps knee deep in Russian control and it's obvious as he doesn't even try to hide it (if the G7 full out attack on our allies on behalf of Putin didn't further expose this). But Republicans and Trump supporters have long turned on this country. Something tells me they'll be all pro America again when a Dem is elected.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Sure. I guess. Mellow

Let's just forget the whole ATF gunwalking thing.

Or his expansive drone strikes killing 8 American citizens (only 1 who was actually supposed to be targeted, but who cares about due process am I right???).

Or the whole IRS targeting conservative groups thing (which to be fair, the investigation only found mismanagement and poor judgement, but there were quite a few shady things happening during the investigation).

Or when the Office of Personnel Management was hacked due to one of Obamas appointees straight up ignoring multiple warnings from the Inspector General. Both the director and CIO of OPM ended up resigning due to the hacks.

Or when his Secretary of Veterans Affairs resigned in disgrace because of the Veterans Health Administration scandal.

But yeah...No scandals ThumbsUp

In b4: "ThOsE wErE ONlY hIs ApPoINTeeS", "hE dIdN'T dO aNy oF tHaT HimSElf", and my personal favorite "bUt DRUMpF!!!!!"
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(08-28-2019, 11:17 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Sure. I guess.  Mellow

Let's just forget the whole ATF gunwalking thing.

Or his expansive drone strikes killing 8 American citizens (only 1 who was actually supposed to be targeted, but who cares about due process am I right???).

Or the whole IRS targeting conservative groups thing (which to be fair, the investigation only found mismanagement and poor judgement, but there were quite a few shady things happening during the investigation).

Or when the Office of Personnel Management was hacked due to one of Obamas appointees straight up ignoring multiple warnings from the Inspector General. Both the director and CIO of OPM ended up resigning due to the hacks.

Or when his Secretary of Veterans Affairs resigned in disgrace because of the Veterans Health Administration scandal.

But yeah...No scandals  ThumbsUp

In b4: "ThOsE wErE ONlY hIs ApPoINTeeS", "hE dIdN'T dO aNy oF tHaT HimSElf", and my personal favorite "bUt DRUMpF!!!!!"

I guess " Ninja " isn't obvious enough anymore.

Cool
(08-28-2019, 11:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: I guess " Ninja " isn't obvious enough anymore.

Cool

It may be a "joke", but a lot of people actually believe it. 

JJ bought it.  Wink

Rewriting history is a pretty big problem that many people seem to just ignore (or at least when it comes to themselves doing it). There is some really interesting research out there about "political zombies". I'll try and find the article I'm thinking of...

Edit: Found it! https://www.nber.org/papers/w19080.pdf
(08-28-2019, 11:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: I guess " Ninja " isn't obvious enough anymore.

Cool

Not when you bring up Obama! Then suddenly all the "scandals" are important (you see no mention of Trumps scandals from them that they don't care about, so you know they don't really care about these things mentioned, just the party of the POTUS and the man himself).

Next time bring up Hillary!...and run for cover!

What happened and is happening in Niger to our soldiers under Trumps abandonment is far worse then anything that happened in Benghazi, but they don't care..... But bring up Benghazi and.......

(08-28-2019, 11:39 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: It may be a "joke", but a lot of people actually believe it. 

JJ bought it.  Wink

Rewriting history is a pretty big problem that many people seem to just ignore (or at least when it comes to themselves doing it). There is some really interesting research out there about "political zombies". I'll try and find the article I'm thinking of...

Nah, I was setting Trump supporters up to prove my point.

Replace Trumps name with a Dem (Obama) and.......

Like clockwork. I got no mention of Trumps scandals and a list of Obama's "scandals".

Sometimes I feel bad because it's so easy.

(08-28-2019, 11:43 AM)jj22 Wrote: Nah, I was setting Trump supporters up to prove my point.

Yeah, no you weren't.
(08-28-2019, 11:40 AM)jj22 Wrote: Not when you bring up Obama! Then suddenly all the "scandals" are important (you see no mention of Trumps scandals from them that they don't care about, so you know they don't really care about these things mentioned, just the party of the POTUS and the man himself).

Next time bring up Hillary!...and run for cover!

What happened and is happening in Niger to our soldiers under Trumps abandonment is far worse then anything that happened in Benghazi, but they don't care..... But bring up Benghazi and.......

(08-28-2019, 11:43 AM)jj22 Wrote: Nah, I was setting Trump supporters up to prove my point.

Replace Trumps name with a Dem (Obama) and.......

Like clockwork. I got no mention of Trumps scandals and a list of Obama's "scandals".

Sometimes I feel bad because it's so easy.

Facepalm

Probably because the thread isn't about Trump. We have countless threads in PnR about Trump and his many scandals. You're free to comment in those. I have, and I know you have too. 

Why would I mention Trumps scandals when talking about Obama? Does the fact Trump has a lot of scandals automatically mean Obamas don't matter? Or vice versa? 
I know it's hard to believe JJ, but it's entirely possible to judge one administration separate from another.   :andy:
(08-28-2019, 11:50 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, no you weren't.

Um yes I def was and it worked (obviously). I always post with purpose.

You think I don't know all the things said about Obama outside of the tan suit? That's awfully disrespectful to me personally. But whatever.

(08-28-2019, 11:59 AM)jj22 Wrote: Um yes I def was and it worked (obviously). I always post with purpose.

Whatever you say champ.  I suppose if you believe it then it must be true. ThumbsUp
(08-28-2019, 12:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Whatever you say champ.  I suppose if you believe it then it must be true. ThumbsUp

Just because it goes over your head doesn't mean there's no purpose behind my posts.

But carry on believing I didn't know any other "scandals" outside of the tan suit.

(08-28-2019, 12:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: Just because it goes over your head doesn't mean there's no purpose behind my posts.

But carry on believing I didn't know any other "scandals" outside of the tan suit.

If you had a cannon and ten tons of gunpowder you couldn't get something over my head.   Smirk
(08-28-2019, 11:54 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Facepalm

Probably because the thread isn't about Trump.

Your wrong again (no disrespect). Read the first paragraph of the OP. I got his point. Sounds like you missed it and Socio attempting to come to your rescue got yall both slipping and sliding and needing assistance getting back on your two feet.

(08-28-2019, 11:54 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Does the fact Trump has a lot of scandals automatically mean Obamas don't matter? Or vice versa? 

Well, no. What it means (I'd argue) is that Obama's scandals were minor in comparison.
(08-28-2019, 12:05 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If you had a cannon and ten tons of gunpowder you couldn't get something over my head.   Smirk

Your head that big? I'll take your word for it.

(08-28-2019, 12:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: Your head that big? I'll take your word for it.

Big brain.
(08-28-2019, 11:39 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: It may be a "joke", but a lot of people actually believe it. 

JJ bought it.  Wink

Edit: Found it! https://www.nber.org/papers/w19080.pdf

Just highlight my original post.   Mellow
(08-28-2019, 12:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Big brain.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76115876cbc56a4527c0c4...=giphy.gif]
Ninja
(08-28-2019, 12:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Big brain.

Maybe, I don't doubt that. You seem thoughtful, and always come with well thought out posts.

But it could just as easily be air!