Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama Shames Voters
(10-01-2017, 08:00 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Honestly, that depends on the situation. In another post, you talked about Trump's wives divorcing him when he cheated. Here is where we see a culture difference (and why Florida is in the south, but not in The South). Not everywhere in this country will a woman divorcing her man be seen as the right thing to do. It all depends on where you are from and what social circles you run in as to how acceptable divorce is in that situation and whether you will go that route or not. In The South, especially when it comes to the more moneyed South of the Clintons' generation (and even the less moneyed), that wouldn't be socially acceptable.

Now, I'm not saying that is why divorce didn't happen. It could've been an FDR-like situation, hard to say. But my point is that you make it an "it is either this or this" situation and are firm in your statement that it means a particular thing, but the facts are not nearly as black and white as you think they are.

Hiding behind nuance is pretty weak. Especially when nuance exists to everything. THe question was put forth about why women were "sexist" against hillary.... explaining her weak character is valid. Part of that weak character is allowing your husband to cheat for decades. That's fine for a kept woman who just lives a life. But she wanted to lead the free world.

Thankfully women saw through her bs and could easily see she was weak. And if his was the old south...... her father and brothers would have kicked Bill's tail decades ago. And since that never happened she looks weak.
(10-01-2017, 10:24 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hiding behind nuance is pretty weak. Especially when nuance exists to everything. THe question was put forth about why women were "sexist" against hillary.... explaining her weak character is valid. Part of that weak character is allowing your husband to cheat for decades. That's fine for a kept woman who just lives a life. But she wanted to lead the free world.

Thankfully women saw through her bs and could easily see she was weak. And if his was the old south...... her father and brothers would have kicked Bill's tail decades ago. And since that never happened she looks weak.

Your opinion that her character was weak because of that is only that, your opinion. It is also not hiding behind nuance when there is nuance to the situation, which you admit.

And you definitely don't know The South.
(10-01-2017, 04:18 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What does a drinking problem have to do with the price of tea in china?  

Honestly what do you think of a man who just sits there and let's several other men come in and root his wife over and over for decades.    Would you be questioning this guy's ability to control any situation?

I think dill was making a comparison to women who were strong and kept their families together.

But now I realize its just all about sex with your point.

That falls right in line with how "proper women" should act so I'll stop discussing.  There's no sense in it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-01-2017, 10:32 AM)GMDino Wrote: I think dill was making a comparison to women who were strong and kept their families together.

But now I realize its just all about sex with your point.

That falls right in line with how "proper women" should act so I'll stop discussing.  There's no sense in it.

We are discussing about sex since Michelle Obama made it about sex. Given her comments it would be appropriate to discuss his matter in terms of sex. Just because you do not like the way Hillary looks in that discussion doesn't mean we shouldn't be discussing. Especially since you know...... Michelle Obama spoke directly on sex.

Typical move by you guys . Complain about how threads are off topic then when the subject matter switches to one that makes your point of view look pathetic and sad you try and nuance the discussion to be as broad as possible.
(10-01-2017, 11:07 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We are discussing about sex since Michelle Obama made it about sex.   Given her comments it would be appropriate to discuss his matter in terms of sex.    Just because you do not like the way Hillary looks in that discussion doesn't mean we shouldn't be discussing.     Especially since you know......  Michelle Obama spoke directly on sex.

Typical move by you guys .  Complain about how threads are off topic then when the subject matter switches to one that makes your point of view look pathetic and sad you try and nuance the discussion to be as broad as possible.

No, no.  Obama spoke on gender.  The example given about "weak women" and men letting other men "root" on their wives is about the act of sex.

It's clear that the topic that interests you is people having sexual encounters only.  Thus why Dill's example went over your head.

Again, I understand what you think of women so there is no need to try and dissuade you.  For I know we will not be going back tot he 1600's any time soon.

Rock On
(10-01-2017, 11:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: No, no.  Obama spoke on gender.  The example given about "weak women" and men letting other men "root" on their wives is about the act of sex.

It's clear that the topic that interests you is people having sexual encounters only.  Thus why Dill's example went over your head.

Again, I understand what you think of women so there is no need to try and dissuade you.  For I know we will not be going back tot he 1600's any time soon.

Rock On

So the topic on why women didn't vote for Hillary shouldn't include anything which may have turned off women voters to Hillary?

Hillary's husband never had a massive drinking problem. He has a sex with anyone except his wife problem. She obviously couldn't keep him happy enough to at the very least stay in her bed.

and try to stay on the topic. I know you would like to broaden this thread out to manufacture me into some anti woman sexist. You guys shouldn't realize by know you are trying to defend someone who doesn't deserve your defense or efforts. The only reason you are defending her is because you feel some sort of obligation because "your side" must always win lol
(10-01-2017, 10:30 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Your opinion that her character was weak because of that is only that, your opinion. It is also not hiding behind nuance when there is nuance to the situation, which you admit.

And you definitely don't know The South.

Funny thing about these message boards. It's for posting opinions.

It's your opinion she wasn't weak. So while we are tossing out posts why don't we just toss out any post on this forum because it's based on opinion of the poster. lol.
(10-01-2017, 11:28 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I know you would like to broaden this thread out to manufacture me into some anti woman sexist.  

Mellow

(09-29-2017, 09:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yup.  

It's like none of them give women the credit for not voting for another woman who couldn't even keep her husband faithful to her.    Why would any woman vote for another woman who isn't strong enough to keep her family together?

(09-30-2017, 12:11 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You are reading way too much into this....  

If she can't manage her home how can she manage a nation?  

Now as to blaming people......   if your wife cheats on you repeatedly over several years with several women.   Then it's on you if you stay with her and just take it.  Then it would be obvious that you have some sort of personal issue with yourself.   Maybe it's a lack of confidence, maybe it's just that you don't care about your family or marriage.    Either way you are not someone I am following into a foxhole.    

Pointing this out is not sexist.   It's merely pointing out that people do not follow the weak.

(09-30-2017, 06:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hillary stayed married not because she desperately wanted to keep her family together.   She stayed because it helped her politically.

Having your husband be a serial cheater just makes your family look like a joke.    

And yes it's the woman's job to keep the family together and running.    They are actually built specifically for this task.

(09-30-2017, 09:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ok we will go with that being false.  She didn't stay for her career.   She just stayed because she didn't have the confidence to break away.   The same way a battered woman stays with her abuser.    

Once again....  women pity these type of women they don't follow them.

(09-30-2017, 09:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When someone hurts you there are only two options.   Remove that person from your life or keep them in your life and accept the shame of not being able to do anything about it.....  

In hillary's case she was cheated on with multiple women over multiple decades.  

Where do you think this makes her look anything like a leader?  And why do you think women want to be led by anyone who gets treated this way and then on top of it all ..... attacks the victims of her husband.

(10-01-2017, 04:10 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This has zero to do with her being a competent politician.  It speaks to her character.    

I never said trump was a great presidential candidate.   But at least his wives left him when he stooged up his marriage.    I am fine with defining Trump as you choose to define him when we discuss this topic.   She lost to a TV game show host.    She wasn't a strong candidate because people questioned her character.

You should blame the cheater.   But the cheated needs to move on if they want to claim any sort of sense of leadership.   No one respects a leader who just sits there and gets humiliated by the people closest to them.

(10-01-2017, 10:24 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hiding behind nuance is pretty weak.   Especially when nuance exists to everything.   THe question was put forth about why women were "sexist" against hillary....   explaining her weak character is valid.    Part of that weak character is allowing your husband to cheat for decades.    That's fine for a kept woman who just lives a life.    But she wanted to lead the free world.      

Thankfully women saw through her bs and could easily see she was weak.    And if his was the old south...... her father and brothers would have kicked Bill's tail decades ago.    And since that never happened she looks weak.

(10-01-2017, 11:28 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So the topic on why women didn't vote for Hillary shouldn't include anything which may have turned off women voters to Hillary?  

Hillary's husband never had a massive drinking problem.   He has a sex with anyone except his wife problem.   She obviously couldn't keep him happy enough to at the very least stay in her bed.    

Yep, that's me trying to make someone look sexist.

Anyway the topic of cheating was brought up by the guy trying to not "look sexist".

And there were probably people who voted against Clinton and for a "man" who would propose things that go against the interest of most women. There are always those who think they know how others should raise their families. (They are usually called Christians.)

But being cheated on isn't want Obama was talking about. Everyone knows it. Some just want to make a point about the "weaker sex".
(10-01-2017, 07:58 AM)Vlad Wrote: in Hillarys case she would have blamed the booze manufacturers.

It's amazing why you refuse to consider her behavior as having nothing to do with preserving her and his career goals.
Well no, it's really not amazing.

I don't "refuse to consider" anything.  I don't draw conclusions from ambiguous or absent evidence. There is an entire right-wing industry manufacturing "facts" and conclusions about the Clintons.  It's amazing that they have negotiated it with the success the have.  Bad for the country that Fox and the Russians replaced her with Trump.

And "preserving career goals" is hardly a bad thing when talking about public service.

(10-01-2017, 10:17 AM)Vlad Wrote: Its amusing to hear liberals utter "common decency" as it aligns with their Trump hating agenda.

Common decency has no place in things such as "freedom of expression", gay parades, or women marching down the street wearing vaginas on their heads.

Wow! "creepy she-males" of all stripes still on your agenda I see.  The misogynist in chief is a bulwark against all that freedom of expression!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-01-2017, 11:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Yep, that's me trying to make someone look sexist.

Anyway the topic of cheating was brought up by the guy trying to not "look sexist".

And there were probably people who voted against Clinton and for a "man" who would propose things that go against the interest of most women. There are always those who think they know how others should raise their families. (They are usually called Christians.)

But being cheated on isn't want Obama was talking about. Everyone knows it. Some just want to make a point about the "weaker sex".

It's not the weaker sex. She is just weak. And there is certainly space for the context into what other women were thinking.

Christians probably would have the most sympathy for her situation. So I have no idea why you are blaming Christians.

Raising children isn't even part of the discussion here.... why are you bringing it up?
(10-01-2017, 04:18 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What does a drinking problem have to do with the price of tea in china?  

Honestly what do you think of a man who just sits there and let's several other men come in and root his wife over and over for decades.    Would you be questioning this guy's ability to control any situation?

The point was not about "drinking."  You said women/people living with people who have a family-shaming problem have only two choices. My example shows they have at least three, maybe more.

I repeat, there are more than your two choices available to people with family problems, including Hillary.

It's not clear that Hillary just sat there while women "rooted" her husband over for decades.  His affairs appear to have been secret, Hillary only finding out about them later, second hand, while Fox and friends were also paying people to lie about his affairs.

In any case, in her time as senator and secretary of state, Hillary has already demonstrated her ability to "control every situation."  She is certainly better at it than Trump. Why pretend we "don't know" how she would handle public office because of her husband. We saw how she would handle it--and he wouldn't--when she trounced Trump in the debates.

But we have a cheating husband for president of a instead of a competent person because people don't see how a woman with a cheating husband can "control every situation."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-01-2017, 11:30 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Funny thing about these message boards. It's for posting opinions.

It's your opinion she wasn't weak. So while we are tossing out posts why don't we just toss out any post on this forum because it's based on opinion of the poster. lol.

I didn't say she wasn't weak, I am just saying your logic for calling her weak is flawed.

Opinions should be rooted in sound logic.
(10-01-2017, 02:35 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I didn't say she wasn't weak, I am just saying your logic for calling her weak is flawed.

This is the same guy who claims people should and shouldn't be bullied. The same guy who claimed we need to get rid of Medicaid because they get free opioids. Then claimed we need to get rid you Medicaid when he found out they don't get free opioids. Same guy who wants to eliminate health insurance restrictions, but wants to restrict businesses from offering health insurance. Skip Bayless is more consistent and believable.
(10-01-2017, 04:43 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: This is the same guy who claims people should and shouldn't be bullied. The same guy who claimed we need to get rid of Medicaid because they get free opioids. Then claimed we need to get rid you Medicaid when he found out they don't get free opioids. Same guy who wants to eliminate health insurance restrictions, but wants to restrict businesses from offering health insurance. Skip Bayless is more consistent and believable.

Everyone needs to be bullied some. Wife and I just had this discussion a week or so ago.
(10-01-2017, 05:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Everyone needs to be bullied some.   Wife and I just had this discussion a week or so ago.

Were you bullying her?
(10-01-2017, 02:35 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I didn't say she wasn't weak, I am just saying your logic for calling her weak is flawed.

Mine are rooted in logic. Just because they are uncomfortable for you doesn't make them illogical.

Try not spending your days worried about offending people. People need to hear honesty and women do not follow women who allow themselves to be treated like garbage by loved ones.
(10-01-2017, 05:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: Were you bullying her?

Why would I bully her? We are lockstep in almost everything that matters. Especially with how the children are raised.
(10-01-2017, 05:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why would I bully her?  

Because you said:

(10-01-2017, 05:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Everyone needs to be bullied some.   Wife and I just had this discussion a week or so ago.

Who do you allow to bully her if you don't do it? Clearly she agrees that she needs bullied "some" since:

(10-01-2017, 05:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We are lockstep in almost everything that matters.
(10-01-2017, 05:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: Because you said:

Who do you allow to bully her if you don't do it? Clearly she agrees that she needs bullied "some" since:

When my wife was a child someone attempted to bully her. Until she turned the tables. She learned how to deal with a bully and now knows the benefits of overcoming a bully.

We were worried about how this culture of apologizing constantly and worrying if other people feel badly. This is hurting children from learning how to overcome obstacles.
(10-01-2017, 06:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When my wife was a child someone attempted to bully her.   Until she turned the tables.    She learned how to deal with a bully and now knows the benefits of overcoming a bully.    

We were worried about how this culture of apologizing constantly and worrying if other people feel badly.   This is hurting children from learning how to overcome obstacles.

So she bullies children now to make them tougher?