Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama looks to ban Social Security recipients from owning guns
(07-21-2015, 03:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Just going off the article.  It says part of his efforts following Sandy Hook.

So is our CINC going to discharge soldiers not good with their money?  Pink slips for cops?

I really can't see how money handling skills and gun skills are in any way connected, and to violate people's rights on what doesn't even amount to a hunch is just ridiculous.

Probably because you are comparing someone who doesn't know how to balance a checkbook to someone who can't take care of their own affairs due a mental problem.

ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-21-2015, 03:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: Probably because you are comparing someone who doesn't know how to balance a checkbook to someone who can't take care of their own affairs due a mental problem.

ThumbsUp

I'm just answering Fred who said it makes sense just on the basis on not handling their money well.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-21-2015, 03:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So is our CINC going to discharge soldiers not good with their money?

How many soldiers are so incompetetnt that they have to have a guardian appointes to receive their check?

(07-21-2015, 03:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I really can't see how money handling skills and gun skills are in any way connected, and to violate people's rights on what doesn't even amount to a hunch is just ridiculous.

It might help if you answered this question.  What would cause a person to be so incapable of handling their own money that the Social Security board would appoint a guardian to receive their check?  Do you have any clue how far gone a person has to be to have a guardian appointed?