Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Obama's "Coffee Salute"
(10-30-2018, 06:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And I think we should all point out hypocrisy whenever we see it.  Otherwise it will just keep getting worse.

(10-30-2018, 06:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I completely agree, however, you're directing this comment to the wrong person.

(10-30-2018, 09:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Incorrect.  You are directing it at the person who said that selective hypocrisy is worthless and lame. 

Uh, not sure exactly what you mean, but I believe "selective hypocrisy" (whatever that is) is still hypocrisy.  If you have a problem with someone pointing out the hypocrisy of Fox News your response should not be "Don't talk about Fox News hypocrisy".  Instead you should offer an example from the other side in order to balance the conversation.

The bets way to address a problem is to point it out.  If we just ignore it because both sides do it then nothing then it just gets worse.
(10-31-2018, 01:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, not sure exactly what you mean, but I believe "selective hypocrisy" (whatever that is) is still hypocrisy.  If you have a problem with someone pointing out the hypocrisy of Fox News your response should not be "Don't talk about Fox News hypocrisy".  Instead you should offer an example from the other side in order to balance the conversation.

The bets way to address a problem is to point it out.  If we just ignore it because both sides do it then nothing then it just gets worse.

Gets worser if both sides DON'T do it and no one points THAT out.

SELECTIVE hypocrisy is really bad.  VERY DIFFERENT from general comprehensive hypocrisy. Somehow.

You are probably wondering what happens if there isn't an example from the other side to "balance" your critique? 

Well if the other side doesn't cooperate, then YOUR post is unbalanced because you only called one side out. 

That is one of the MSM's favorite tricks--to allow Fox and friends to daily push news beyond reporting and analysis into direct propaganda, then leave you hanging out there "selectively" talking about actual examples of Fox hypocrisy with no "balance" from the NYT or WaPo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
It's cute when you guys play of each other like that. Smirk
That guy who rings a bell at the Salvation Army kettle outside a store I always go to is in uniform. Is it alright if I salute him with a bag of groceries in my hand?
(11-01-2018, 06:25 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: That guy who rings a bell at the Salvation Army kettle outside a store I always go to is in uniform. Is it alright if I salute him with a bag of groceries in my hand?

I dont know what the actual rules of etiquette are, but personally I'd say it's not alright if you salute him at all.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-31-2018, 10:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's cute when you guys play of each other like that.  Smirk

Great opportunity here to explain why, in your view, "balance" has to trump empirical evidence/observation.
"This is dumb"

From the same people who attacked Obama.

Trump supporters hypocrites? Say it ain't so....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(11-01-2018, 11:35 AM)Dill Wrote: Great opportunity here to explain why, in your view, "balance" has to trump empirical evidence/observation.

Seeing as you and your buddy can't seem to grasp the concept of hypocrisy, why would I bother.  I also wouldn't want to interrupt you and Fred.

(11-01-2018, 11:38 AM)jj22 Wrote: "This is dumb"

From the same people who attacked Obama.

Trump supporters hypocrites? Say it ain't so....

Please name one person in this thread who "attacked Obama" over this.  Pro tip, you can't.  But you are right, "this is dumb."
Your attempt to defend Trump supporters hypocrisy falls on blind eyes. Nobody said I was referencing someone in this post. Just the reaction of Trump supporters (including social media).

I'm not impressed.

But at least you didn't blame Hillary.......

Yet.

Now if you want me to post the reaction to this from Trump supporters on Twitter "this is dumb", "nothing to see here", "snowflakes crying over nothing" "Fake News". I can. But you already know what is being said. Just desperate to defend hypocrisy. Sad!

(11-01-2018, 11:52 AM)jj22 Wrote: Your attempt to defend Trump supporters hypocrisy falls on blind eyes.

I'm not impressed.

But at least you didn't blame Hillary.......

Yet.

Translation, I made a stupid point and now I'm trying to deflect.  Time to go back to posting as BallsofSteel.
(11-01-2018, 11:50 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Seeing as you and your buddy can't seem to grasp the concept of hypocrisy, why would I bother.  I also wouldn't want to interrupt you and Fred.

(11-01-2018, 11:53 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Translation, I made a stupid point and now I'm trying to deflect.  Time to go back to posting as BallsofSteel.

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-01-2018, 11:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: Smirk

Good lord you're easy to bait.

Please make another thread about something no one here did or said.  
(11-01-2018, 11:53 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Translation, I made a stupid point and now I'm trying to deflect.  Time to go back to posting as BallsofSteel.

This doesn't even make sense. Are you BallsoFSteel too?

Your defense of hypocrisy is reflective of your character. I'll stay on the other side of this argument and stand up to hypocrisy along with the other clear minded people of the Nation who care not to play the fool for politicians.

(11-01-2018, 11:57 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Good lord you're easy to bait.

You mean like asking for receipts for stuff people never said?

Or I guess show me where I said people in this thread attacked Obama and I'll stand down.

And were you trying to say I am BallsofSteel? Dude you are all over the place which is sad for people who really listen to your opinion and hope that it's informed.

(10-31-2018, 10:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's cute when you guys play of each other like that.  Smirk

(11-01-2018, 11:50 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Seeing as you and your buddy can't seem to grasp the concept of hypocrisy, why would I bother.  I also wouldn't want to interrupt you and Fred.

Please name one person in this thread who "attacked Obama" over this.  Pro tip, you can't.  But you are right, "this is dumb."

(11-01-2018, 11:57 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Good lord you're easy to bait.

I'd love to engage SSF in a discussion about the points he is bringing up, but unfortunately he refuses to make any points.  Maybe I should just employ his advanced tactics of debate.

"Nu-uh!  I am right and you are wrong because I say so.  And you area poopy head.  Yeah.  I win!"
you forgot....... and go back to posting as Bfine!

(11-01-2018, 12:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'd love to engage SSF in a discussion about the points he is bringing up, but unfortunately he refuses to make any points.  Maybe I should just employ his advanced tactics of debate.

"Nu-uh!  I am right and you are wrong because I say so.  And you area poopy head.  Yeah.  I win!"

I tire of repeating basic points, but you've pulled me in with your playground level taunts.

GMDino makes a thread about faux outrage about Obama's coffee salute while the same sources don't say a thing about Trump's umbrella "salute".  I point out that not only did no one on this board make an issue about Obama, we are all aware that Fox and other media outlets have an agenda and will engage in hypocrisy.  I then point out that GM seems to never make a thread about the same types of behavior when engaged in by left leaning outlets.  Hence the term selective hypocrisy.  He points it out hypocrisy when it suits his partisan agenda and ignores it when it does not.  Then you all engage in your utterly predictable white knighting of each other.  This is why, outside your group, there isn't a lot of respect for your opinions and there is for people like Matt, who is intellectually consistent.

I hope this helps, I'm sure it won't.  Please feel free to have all three of you respond in a manner that doesn't actually address this.  Thank you and have a nice weekend.
(11-01-2018, 12:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I tire of repeating basic points, but you've pulled me in with your playground level taunts.

GMDino makes a thread about faux outrage about Obama's coffee salute while the same sources don't say a thing about Trump's umbrella "salute".  I point out that not only did no one on this board make an issue about Obama, we are all aware that Fox and other media outlets have an agenda and will engage in hypocrisy.  I then point out that GM seems to never make a thread about the same types of behavior when engaged in by left leaning outlets.  Hence the term selective hypocrisy.  He points it out hypocrisy when it suits his partisan agenda and ignores it when it does not.  Then you all engage in your utterly predictable white knighting of each other.  This is why, outside your group, there isn't a lot of respect for your opinions and there is for people like Matt, who is intellectually consistent.

I hope this helps, I'm sure it won't.  Please feel free to have all three of you respond in a manner that doesn't actually address this.  Thank you and have a nice weekend.

To the bold:  Yes they did.  It was not on this version of the board.  Others having a selective memory doesn't make it false.

My posting a silly thread showing how no one on the right will criticize Trump about this merely brought out the natural self-defense in the people who won't criticize Trump about this.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Enough insults already. You all must be tired of this forum since you continue to degrade it in this manner. It doesn't matter who started what when everyone is so eager to jump in and keep it going. Please get back to civility when exchanging ideas and opinions, and leave out the personal BS.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]