Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama's Response to Louisana Flooding compared with Bush and Katrina
(08-19-2016, 11:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes?

But Bush hates black people for just flying over New Orleans  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
My guy, good
Your guy, bad

Everyone should take offense to my post
(08-20-2016, 12:49 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: My guy, good
Your guy, bad

You S.O.B. !!

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(08-20-2016, 12:49 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: My guy, good
Your guy, bad

How dare you use gender specific pronouns you cis scum!!!!!!!!!!! Down with the patriarchy!!! #staywoke  Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(08-19-2016, 09:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: Emergency funds were signed for 5 days ago.

He is scheduled to be there and doesn't want to be in the way.

Sorry he didn't stop in for a photo-op/press conference like Trump did...after the POTUS was criticized.  

You're missing the point. Obama has said NOTHING (well, not until criticised anyways) and is receiving no criticism from the same media that criticized Bush (yes, Obama has been criticized for his "handling" of the Louisana flooding, but it's not exactly the same coverage as Bush got).

As has been pointed out and as I'm acutely aware, it happens on both sides. The main point of this thread is to just once again show the inconsistency from the main stream media.

(08-19-2016, 11:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.mediaite.com/online/watch-donald-trump-spend-exactly-49-seconds-helping-out-louisiana-flood-victims/

Video at the link if it doesn't work.

That's still 49 seconds more than either Obama OR Hillary have done. Just sayin'.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-20-2016, 06:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You're missing the point. Obama has said NOTHING (well, not until criticised anyways)

What good is a statement?  What do you want him to say that will make the situation any better.

He took action instead of going for A photo opportunity.  I'll bet the people in Baton Rouge would rather have the funds he authorized than some kind words that don't help at all.

Why don't you just admit that you fell for another piece of propaganda from the right wing echo chamber and posted it with out checking out what really happened.
(08-20-2016, 06:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You're missing the point. Obama has said NOTHING (well, not until criticised anyways)

(08-20-2016, 06:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: and is receiving no criticism from the same media that criticized Bush

Smirk

(08-20-2016, 06:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: (yes, Obama has been criticized for his "handling" of the Louisana flooding, but it's not exactly the same coverage as Bush got).

(08-20-2016, 06:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That's still 49 seconds more than either Obama OR Hillary have done. Just sayin'.  ThumbsUp

Yep, 49 seconds of photo-op so people can say Obama didn't say anything.

What good he did!
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Trump donates an 18 wheeler to Louisiana
http://truthfeed.com/video-trump-donate-an-18-wheeler-full-of-supplies-to-louisiana-flood-victims-while-liberals-bash-him/18095/

Saying he did nothing is stupid but who cares?

Read the comment section...it's fantastic and more of the...
...My Guy, Good
...Your Guy, Bad

We are so screwed as a country, lol.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(08-21-2016, 02:13 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Trump donates an 18 wheeler to Louisiana
http://truthfeed.com/video-trump-donate-an-18-wheeler-full-of-supplies-to-louisiana-flood-victims-while-liberals-bash-him/18095/

...My Guy, Good
...Your Guy, Bad

Good for him.  

He shouldn't have been there if he was asked (like Obama was) to wait until they were ready for him.

But he's a publicity hound and can't help it.  

Remember a few years ago when all the right wing sites were filled with how Obama had this HUGE ego and they would count how many times he said "I" in a speech?  Good times.

Now there's Trump.

You probably couldn't make that up.
At least POTUS took the time to make sure the flood is about race:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/19/obama-offends-louisiana-flood-victims-me/

Quote:President Obama has refused so far to survey the Louisiana flood disaster, but he did let state and local officials know that he’s watching to make sure they don’t engage in racial discrimination.

In a 16-page guidance issued Tuesday, the Obama administration, led by the Justice Department, warned Louisiana recipients of federal disaster assistance against engaging in “unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin (including limited English proficiency).”
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-21-2016, 01:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At least POTUS took the time to make sure the flood is about race:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/19/obama-offends-louisiana-flood-victims-me/

Oh, you mean the standard thing issued every time the federal government is involved.

For a second there I thought he really did something other than hurt your white feelings.
(08-21-2016, 01:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At least POTUS took the time to make sure the flood is about race:

Looks to me like he is trying to make sure it is NOT about race.

Anyone else shocked that a white guy from Louisiana is offended at the suggestion that there may be racism in that state? Rolleyes
(08-19-2016, 11:52 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The truckload of toys got me thinking about an article I just read on disaster aid. People often will donate things that are not really needed at that moment because it makes them feel good, and the end result is something relief workers call the "second disaster". They have to find space for all of this stuff they get that they have no use for and it takes up man power. That's why they say to always donate money. 

I understand about donating crap, but toys for kids that have lost everything and need something to take their minds off of the current problems is not a bad thing at all.
I knew Dino would be all over this, but he's wrong about this part.
(08-19-2016, 09:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: Emergency funds were signed for 5 days ago.

He is scheduled to be there and doesn't want to be in the way.

Sorry he didn't stop in for a photo-op/press conference like Trump did...after the POTUS was criticized.  

Then why bother going at all? There is never a perfect time.
(08-21-2016, 02:11 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Then why bother going at all? There is never a perfect time.

But some times are better than others.

Sounds to me like you just want to ***** if he doesn't go, but also ***** if he does go.
(08-21-2016, 02:11 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Then why bother going at all? There is never a perfect time.

Because as President people "want" to see him there.  I think its silly personally as I already said.

But at least he had the decency to respect the governor's request.

Look, as a private citizen what Trump did is great.  (If he made the donation and didn't just show up with the truck.)  Everything else about it was a photo-op.

And if Clinton had done this or Obama the same people praising Trump would be CRYING about the cold and calculated campaign move.
(08-21-2016, 02:09 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I understand about donating crap, but toys for kids that have lost everything and need something to take their minds off of the current problems is not a bad thing at all.
I knew Dino would be all over this, but he's wrong about this part.

Weird...I didn't say anything other than share a link about the 49 seconds Trump "helped".

But the truck apparently had other items on it too.  We just don't know if HE got the items or he just showed up with the truck full of donated items.
(08-20-2016, 07:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What good is a statement?  What do you want him to say that will make the situation any better.

He took action instead of going for A photo opportunity.  I'll bet the people in Baton Rouge would rather have the funds he authorized than some kind words that don't help at all.

Did you really ask "what good is a statement"? So reassurance from the President of the United States that the resources of the federal government will be used to help those in Louisiana who have suffered hardships from the flooding is nothing?

And, yeah, Obama took action ... once the criticism started coming his way.

(08-21-2016, 02:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Because as President people "want" to see him there.  I think its silly personally as I already said.

But at least he had the decency to respect the governor's request.

Look, as a private citizen what Trump did is great.  (If he made the donation and didn't just show up with the truck.)  Everything else about it was a photo-op.

And if Clinton had done this or Obama the same people praising Trump would be CRYING about the cold and calculated campaign move.

I don't doubt there's some truth to your last statement, but the fact remains that the same people overly critical of Bush are the same people defending Obama today.

I may be biased, but I try to at least remain consistent when it comes to criticism. I know I fail at that at times, but I, at least, try. I just wish more would (for the record, I'm not saying I'm the only one; just saying that there needs to be more consistency).
(08-21-2016, 02:13 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Trump donates an 18 wheeler to Louisiana

...My Guy, Good
...Your Guy, Bad

So, interestingly enough, there is some question still about whether it was actually a donation from Trump, or something another person donated and is being credited to him. Haven't seen a firm answer on that, just questions about it. The money and truck was apparently donated to a church that has Tony Perkins (head of Family Research Council) as their interim pastor, and not just to general flood relief. Because of this, there is some criticism floating around.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-23-2016, 12:28 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, interestingly enough, there is some question still about whether it was actually a donation from Trump, or something another person donated and is being credited to him. Haven't seen a firm answer on that, just questions about it. The money and truck was apparently donated to a church that has Tony Perkins (head of Family Research Council) as their interim pastor, and not just to general flood relief. Because of this, there is some criticism floating around.

So some folks are critcizing the fact that someone donated a truck and supplies to someone in efforts to help the flood victims?

I continue to be amazed on a daily basis.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]