Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama's broken campaign promises...
(01-13-2017, 01:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: To be sure, there are legitimate criticisms one can levy against Trump. Just as there were against Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc. etc. The problem is that BOTH sides have staunch defenders of what we might think as indefensible problems. And there are even people who will acknowledge that both sides are guilty of this and then try to say one side is worse! 

Yeah, that's just because one side is worse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-13-2017, 01:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: To be sure, there are legitimate criticisms one can levy against Trump. Just as there were against Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc. etc. The problem is that BOTH sides have staunch defenders of what we might think as indefensible problems. And there are even people who will acknowledge that both sides are guilty of this and then try to say one side is worse! 

But one side can actually be worse.  Just saying "both sides are bad!" and then calling it a day might save some sanity points, but it smacks of someone who doesn't want to delve deeper into things.  Normally I wouldn't push for you to differentiate, but this is the political section of a message board so I assume you actually do look into politics somewhat.

I realize the search for "truth" is a futile thing and that perception and bias often win out, but to say Obama, Clinton, Trump, Bush etc. are all equally "bad" just seems like a cop-out. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]