Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama to transexual "look your in my house, it's not respectful"
I am still struggling with the difference between "latino" and "hispanic"
(06-25-2015, 11:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am still struggling with the difference between "latino" and "hispanic"

Hispanic usually just means Spanish speaking people while Latino is anyone from Latin/South America regardless of language spoken.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-25-2015, 06:20 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: It doesn't really bother me because I rarely, if ever, used any of these words or hear anyone else do so.  So what's comical is these groups make a big deal about the words as if they're even remotely commonly used, while ignoring pretty much the only people that use these words aren't going to stop because these groups say they're offensive.

To me it kind of boils down to a bunch of 60's activists born 20-30 years too late.

Couldn't agree more. It's funny because I got a guy who works for me and he is one . Well we just call him *****. That's his thing.... It's funny that I come on here and you would think I said the most horrible thing on the world. It's cool because I will adapt but I asked my guy and he didn't see thee big deal.
(06-26-2015, 01:26 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Couldn't agree more.   It's funny because I got a guy who works for me and he is one . Well we just call him *****.  That's his thing....  It's funny that I come on here and you would think I said the most horrible thing on the world.     It's cool because I will adapt but I asked my guy and he didn't see thee big deal.

My cousin is gay.  Openly.  I often tease him about his inability to do "gay" things like decorate his home or dress himself (he's color blind).  

If I see a story about the "gay agenda" I always share with him and tell him I knew it all along that he was trying to take over the country with his gayness.

I've know him my entire life.  He understands I am joking.

You work with one guy who doesn't mind what you call him...that doesn't mean you can just walk up to anyone and use the same verbiage.  That is disrespectful.  that is why I said earlier I usually just call people by their name and not by what ever sexuality they subscribe to.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-26-2015, 08:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: My cousin is gay.  Openly.  I often tease him about his inability to do "gay" things like decorate his home or dress himself (he's color blind).  

If I see a story about the "gay agenda" I always share with him and tell him I knew it all along that he was trying to take over the country with his gayness.

I've know him my entire life.  He understands I am joking.

You work with one guy who doesn't mind what you call him...that doesn't mean you can just walk up to anyone and use the same verbiage.  That is disrespectful.  that is why I said earlier I usually just call people by their name and not by what ever sexuality they subscribe to.

Yeah, I have some friends that I joke around with in regards to all that and they go right along with it. It can be rather fun. I have one coworker I will joke around with about it, but two I won't because it's just not their style. The partner of the one, though, I do joke around about it with.

It's all in knowing your audience and being comfortable with people. Best not to make assumptions about anything and, as you said, just call them by their name. If the discussion about identifying comes up then just be respectful. It's human decency. It's one of the paradoxes to me that those that espouse "family values" and "moral living" are often the ones complaining about the political correct terms when in reality all it is about is being polite and respectful of others. Something that we should all be doing, something that Jesus, and every other major religious figure really, teaches us to do.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-26-2015, 08:53 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: If the discussion about identifying comes up then just be respectful. It's human decency. It's one of the paradoxes to me that those that espouse "family values" and "moral living" are often the ones complaining about the political correct terms when in reality all it is about is being polite and respectful of others. Something that we should all be doing, something that Jesus, and every other major religious figure really, teaches us to do.

GASP...rep worthy, this.
(06-26-2015, 08:53 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's one of the paradoxes to me that those that espouse "family values" and "moral living" are often the ones complaining about the political correct terms when in reality all it is about is being polite and respectful of others. Something that we should all be doing, something that Jesus, and every other major religious figure really, teaches us to do.

I'll rep this also.

Many of the people who try to claim the moral high ground are the same ones crying about losing their right to offend people.
(06-26-2015, 10:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I'll rep this also.

Many of the people who try to claim the moral high ground are the same ones crying about losing their right to offend people.

Which is also ridiculous because you still have the right to offend people, but people seem to think having the "right" to something means being able to do it without consequence.  
(06-25-2015, 11:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am still struggling with the difference between "latino" and "hispanic"

If he plays outfield for a professional baseball team he is Latino and if he works in a restaurant he's Hispanic...er, right?
(06-26-2015, 11:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If he plays outfield for a professional baseball team he is Latino and if he works in a restaurant he's Hispanic...er, right?

Haha wonderful . Now this is rep worthy
What's the term for a guy who is not gay but just likes to have sex with other men?

I need to know for a, uh, friend.
(06-27-2015, 12:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What's the term for a guy who is not gay but just likes to have sex with other men?

Confused?
(06-27-2015, 12:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What's the term for a guy who is not gay but just likes to have sex with other men?

Larry Craig.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-27-2015, 09:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Larry Craig.

C'mon. Who amongst us hasn't taken a wide stance in an airport restroom stall? Foot-tapping a stranger while taking a dump is just an old Minnesota greeting.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
(06-26-2015, 11:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If he plays outfield for a professional baseball team he is Latino and if he works in a restaurant he's Hispanic...er, right?

There are so many good Hispanic infielders. Ninja

Senator.

I believe they call that the Toast syndrome
(06-25-2015, 01:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ushered out isn't the issue.  It's the editorial that went along with that decision.   Had that been GWB or any current GOP candidate it would be all over the place.

If it were really the exact same situation, then you'd have a legitimate beef. As it is, you're upset over something you think might happen?

Incidentally, you know Caitlyn Jenner is a Republican right? I point it out in case you were thinking some trans person would be treated differently by the media if they were a conservative.

(06-29-2015, 06:08 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: If it were really the exact same situation, then you'd have a legitimate beef. As it is, you're upset over something you think might happen?

Incidentally, you know Caitlyn Jenner is a Republican right? I point it out in case you were thinking some trans person would be treated differently by the media if they were a conservative.

??? I am talking about the cavalier way he sent that illegal transexual out of there..... Not very respectful.
(06-25-2015, 01:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not trolling, and why do you think you only typically see LGBT and sometimes LGBTQ?

Lesbian
Gay
Bisexual
Trans
Qu**r
Intersex
Questioning
Asexual
Pansexual
Allies
2-Spirit

I had never heard of 2-spirit. Fascinating.