Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi Toppin On Indy Pacers
The Dayton Flyers star was drafted high by NY Knicks, but why is the question. With so many other needs of the losing Knicks, I'm not sure why they drafted a top pick to ride the pines behind Randle when the Knicks had so many other weak starting positions.

Obi Toppin was the main man on a Dayton team that was rated to be a 2 seed, or in other words Dayton was one of the top 8 teams in NCAA. However covid brought NBA and NCAA to a stop that March of 2020.

Obi Toppin did do well in the NBA All-Star Slam Dunk Contest, in fact I think he won it one year. Anybody that does Fantasy Basketball knows the last weeks of the season, top players sit for the play-offs as if preseason football. Obi Toppin would put up huge Fantasy points when he got such starting time. New York fans wanted Obi to play more.

I've been hoping for a trade. It finally happened. The Pacers gave up a lot of draft picks to get Obi, so I think he is going to get his shot to play. That's all he needs is a chance, which he didn't have behind NBA Hall Of Fame bound Randle.

There are not so many good forwards in the NBA that Obi Toppin couldn't start and star for an NBA team. I hope Indy is THAT team. If given the chance, Toppin will be one of the more exciting players in the NBA. He has the NBA body at around 6'9' and strong enough. He is great on Slam Dunks like a Dr J use to be, but Obi is great on Assists as he makes great passes. Obi also can rebound, play defense and can hit from outside. However riding the pines in New York threw off his 3 point shot just being a pinch hitter in baseball is one of the hardest jobs in baseball, because you don't get enough reps and get rusty.

The Indy Pacers are now my NBA team due to Obi Toppin. Plus Indy is closer to Dayton and Cincy than Cleveland. The heck with Ohio TV, and The Cleveland Cavs. That was the problem when I was a kid, The Cincinnati Royals nor the ABA Indy Pacers were never on TV, as the Reds and Bengals. You could never watch The Royals or Pacers on TV. We still don't get The Pacers on TV much. I plan on watching The Pacers and Obi Toppin when they are on TV. I miss The Royals. I could get into my Dayton Flyers star on Indy Pacers on TV.

Indy has made other moves, and have a team that could win a lot of games. Don't be surprised if Obi Toppin becomes one of the most exciting and game winning players in The NBA. New York Knicks were just doing some stupid things. Knicks finally got smart, if they are going to play Randle, then trading Obi for many draft picks is finally a smart move. Could help Knicks, Pacers and Obi Toppin. It will hep me, because it gives me an NBA team to root for in The Tri State Area. I'm not a Kentucky Fan or a college team that sends many to the NBA. I'm a Dayton Flyers Fan of many years. This Coach Grant played for Don Donoher who Bobby Knight and John Wooden said was a great coach and one of best Defensive coaches ever. Donoher played for Dayton legend Tom Blackburn. So from Blackburn to Donoher to Grant makes Obi Toppin a well coached college player. A top pick by The Knicks and he was great in NBA Slam Dunk Contest, but Knicks had Randle, so it was a stupid pick. The trade is smart though.

Obi Toppin is still young, because he entered the draft after his freshman year. He can make great assist passes, good D, good rebounds, can hit the 3, good team player, and if you like SLAM DUNKS, wait until you see NBA Slam Dunk Star Obi Toppin. I want me some PACERS on TV. OBI WON and THE PACERS are going to be good and fun to watch. I'll tell you who was impressed with Obi Toppin at Dayton, Bill Walton. Bill Walton was part of the ESPN team covering the Hawaii Tourney when Dayton knocked off top teams and took #1 Kansas into overtime in The Championship. Bill Walton had high praise for Obi Toppin, and that's coming from basketball legend Bill Walton. Bill Walton was not slinging out high praise for everybody on the teams, but Bill Walton did have high praise for Obi Toppin.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 01:46 PM)kevin Wrote: The Dayton Flyers star was drafted high by NY Knicks, but why is the question. With so many other needs of the losing Knicks, I'm not sure why they drafted a top pick to ride the pines behind Randle when the Knicks had so many other weak starting positions.

Obi Toppin was the main man on a Dayton team that was rated to be a 2 seed, or in other words Dayton was one of the top 8 teams in NCAA. However covid brought NBA and NCAA to a stop that March of 2020.

Obi Toppin did do well in the NBA All-Star Slam Dunk Contest, in fact I think he won it one year. Anybody that does Fantasy Basketball knows the last weeks of the season, top players sit for the play-offs as if preseason football. Obi Toppin would put up huge Fantasy points when he got such starting time. New York fans wanted Obi to play more.

I've been hoping for a trade. It finally happened. The Pacers gave up a lot of draft picks to get Obi, so I think he is going to get his shot to play. That's all he needs is a chance, which he didn't have behind NBA Hall Of Fame bound Randle.

There are not so many good forwards in the NBA that Obi Toppin couldn't start and star for an NBA team. I hope Indy is THAT team. If given the chance, Toppin will be one of the more exciting players in the NBA. He has the NBA body at around 6'9' and strong enough. He is great on Slam Dunks like a Dr J use to be, but Obi is great on Assists as he makes great passes. Obi also can rebound, play defense and can hit from outside. However riding the pines in New York threw off his 3 point shot just being a pinch hitter in baseball is one of the hardest jobs in baseball, because you don't get enough reps and get rusty.

The Indy Pacers are now my NBA team due to Obi Toppin. Plus Indy is closer to Dayton and Cincy than Cleveland. The heck with Ohio TV, and The Cleveland Cavs. That was the problem when I was a kid, The Cincinnati Royals nor the ABA Indy Pacers were never on TV, as the Reds and Bengals. You could never watch The Royals or Pacers on TV. We still don't get The Pacers on TV much. I plan on watching The Pacers and Obi Toppin when they are on TV. I miss The Royals. I could get into my Dayton Flyers star on Indy Pacers on TV.

Indy has made other moves, and have a team that could win a lot of games. Don't be surprised if Obi Toppin becomes one of the most exciting and game winning players in The NBA. New York Knicks were just doing some stupid things. Knicks finally got smart, if they are going to play Randle, then trading Obi for many draft picks is finally a smart move. Could help Knicks, Pacers and Obi Toppin. It will hep me, because it gives me an NBA team to root for in The Tri State Area. I'm not a Kentucky Fan or a college team that sends many to the NBA. I'm a Dayton Flyers Fan of many years. This Coach Grant played for Don Donoher who Bobby Knight and John Wooden said was a great coach and one of best Defensive coaches ever. Donoher played for Dayton legend Tom Blackburn. So from Blackburn to Donoher to Grant makes Obi Toppin a well coached college player. A top pick by The Knicks and he was great in NBA Slam Dunk Contest, but Knicks had Randle, so it was a stupid pick. The trade is smart though.

Obi Toppin is still young, because he entered the draft after his freshman year. He can make great assist passes, good D, good rebounds, can hit the 3, good team player, and if you like SLAM DUNKS, wait until you see NBA Slam Dunk Star Obi Toppin. I want me some PACERS on TV. OBI WON and THE PACERS are going to be good and fun to watch. I'll tell you who was impressed with Obi Toppin at Dayton, Bill Walton. Bill Walton was part of the ESPN team covering the Hawaii Tourney when Dayton knocked off top teams and took #1 Kansas into overtime in The Championship. Bill Walton had high praise for Obi Toppin, and that's coming from basketball legend Bill Walton. Bill Walton was not slinging out high praise for everybody on the teams, but Bill Walton did have high praise for Obi Toppin.

Did you refer to Julius randle as a hall of famer?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote