Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obo Okoronkwo
Seen a few reports that the Bengals have interest in Okoronkwo.

He's an edge defender from the Texans. 27 years old. Played for the Rams as an OLB in Wade Phillips' 3-4 and as an end in Love Smith's Tampa 2.

Had 5 sacks last year with the Texans. 4th highest pass-rush win rate in the NFL. Started 8 games.

Sounds like what we do. Not a huge name, but still an effective player.

I'd be mildly surprised if they invested more int he already well-paid DL, but we'll see.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 05:24 PM)samhain Wrote: Seen a few reports that the Bengals have interest in Okoronkwo.

He's an edge defender from the Texans.  27 years old.  Played for the Rams as an OLB in Wade Phillips' 3-4 and as an end in Love Smith's Tampa 2.  

Had 5 sacks last year with the Texans.  4th highest pass-rush win rate in the NFL.  Started 8 games.

Sounds like what we do.  Not a huge name, but still an effective player.  

I'd be mildly surprised if they invested more int he already well-paid DL, but we'll see.

Heck yeah, should be more in our price range than Ngakoue as well who I heard we are interested in.

Okoronkwo can stop the run too, I liked this guy in college and was hoping we had a chance to draft him.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 05:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Heck yeah, should be more in our price range than Ngakoue as well who I heard we are interested in.

Okoronkwo can stop the run too, I liked this guy in college and was hoping we had a chance to draft him.

Yeah, less tread on the tires as well.  I think Ngakoue will get an inflated contract due to sack numbers.  He's not quite as good as he once was.  

I trust this team to find young players on the brink.  
Reply/Quote
Seems like a lower tier investment risk that has a chance to produce a fair ROI.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 05:34 PM)samhain Wrote: Yeah, less tread on the tires as well.  I think Ngakoue will get an inflated contract due to sack numbers.  He's not quite as good as he once was.  

I trust this team to find young players on the brink.  

Nice call, I could see the same with Ngakoue. You noted his pass rush win rate going down, not a good sign. We don't know 
how many of those Sacks were totally on him either. Sometimes sack numbers can be deceptive. Okoronkwo honestly fits us 
better as he can also stop the run and he has a very high pass rush win rate as you noted.

(03-12-2023, 05:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems like a lower tier investment risk that has a chance to produce a fair ROI.

Does, this would be a nice move to help the pass rush and shouldn't cost a ton like Ngakoue probably would.
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1635381606801367054?cxt=HHwWnIDTmYS6hbItAAAA
He's a Brown. Decent payday for a player like him, didn't think he'd get that much.
My first choice for situational pass rusher is Markus Golden.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Yep, he's a Brown.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote