Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obscure problem logging in
Hey all

Bit of an annoying issue on my side, wonder if anyone has experienced the same. For some reason the board keeps me logging me out when I’m using my desktop. I’ll log in successfully, click Post Reply or whatever, and then automatically I’m a “Guest” again. I’ll log in again and the same thing will happen. As soon as I click on a specific board it forgets who I am (tbh, I can’t blame it for that lol).

There’s no problem when I’m using my phone (like I am now) so I doubt it’s an issue with my account. Anyone deal with this before? Any idea on how I could fix it? Just started randomly last week. To my knowledge haven’t changed anything on my browser (e.g., refreshing my history with every click) so I’m stumped.

Appreciate any feedback.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2023, 02:51 PM)tms Wrote: Hey all

Bit of an annoying issue on my side, wonder if anyone has experienced the same. For some reason the board keeps me logging me out when I’m using my desktop. I’ll log in successfully, click Post Reply or whatever, and then automatically I’m a “Guest” again. I’ll log in again and the same thing will happen. As soon as I click on a specific board it forgets who I am (tbh, I can’t blame it for that lol).

There’s no problem when I’m using my phone (like I am now) so I doubt it’s an issue with my account. Anyone deal with this before? Any idea on how I could fix it? Just started randomly last week. To my knowledge haven’t changed anything on my browser (e.g., refreshing my history with every click) so I’m stumped.

Appreciate any feedback.

Try clearing cache and cookies, and then doing a hard reset of your browser. 
Reply/Quote
I've oddly had the same problem and clearing cookies, etc. doesn't do anything. I literally just brute force myself back in by logging in a bunch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 10:56 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I've oddly had the same problem and clearing cookies, etc. doesn't do anything. I literally just brute force myself back in by logging in a bunch.

Are you allowing cookies? I would check and make sure cookies are turned on. Some antivirus programs may prevent cookies. Also, if that doesn’t work, have you tried using a different browser? 

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 11:06 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Are you allowing cookies? I would check and make sure cookies are turned on. Some antivirus programs may prevent cookies. Also, if that doesn’t work, have you tried using a different browser? 

Yes to all the above. This problem also comes and goes in spurts. It's been a couple weeks since it has happened.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 11:57 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Yes to all the above. This problem also comes and goes in spurts. It's been a couple weeks since it has happened.

What service provider did you piss off?

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: 848cxu.jpg]from Imgflip Meme Generator
" />

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 02:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What service provider did you piss off?

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: 848cxu.jpg]from Imgflip Meme Generator
" />

Come to think of it, the problem is only on my home PC which is Spectrum.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 02:58 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Come to think of it, the problem is only on my home PC which is Spectrum.

Are you using any kind of Private browsing mode?  I use Firefox, and almost exclusively use Private Browsing mode.  I say almost because I can't use it on The Bengals Board, or I end up with an experience incredibly similar to what you have described.
Reply/Quote
Thx all for chiming in. Unfortunately I can’t figure it out. Even brute force doesn’t work for me, Tecmo. Wink

I’ll just use my phone from now on. Which means shorter posts. That can’t possibly hurt the forum! Might also download Tapatalk. Mind you, I had vowed never to stoop that low, but every man has his price. I might have to swallow my pride lol

I’ll be fine. Thanks anyway
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 09:30 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Are you using any kind of Private browsing mode?  I use Firefox, and almost exclusively use Private Browsing mode.  I say almost because I can't use it on The Bengals Board, or I end up with an experience incredibly similar to what you have described.

I'll have to check this out. Thank you for the recommendation.
Reply/Quote
Update: seems to work now. No clue what happened. Haven't changed anything I'm aware of on my side. I just kept logging in (unsuccessfully) until something clicked today. I was shocked. But I won't try to make sense of it. I'll just enjoy this until it happens again! :p

Thanks again for the help. (Mods- feel free to lock this thread at your convenience.)
Reply/Quote