Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New HC's
I know that some will counter this with all the HC's that fail...

But lets look at the ones that came in and improved teams. Obviously McVay for the Rams.

Nagy came in and improved the Bears. Vrable just beat the Patriots today!

Good is the enemy of great. When you are mediocre, a HC change represents a new culture change and the players get energized.
Reply/Quote
Until there’s a legit GM on the payroll bringing in a ne coach isn’t getting the team over the hump. After 26 years of failure Mike Brown still thinks he knows football. It’s why he gets a GM salary each year.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 02:00 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Until there’s a legit GM on the payroll bringing in a ne coach isn’t getting the team over the hump.  After 26 years of failure Mike Brown still thinks he knows football.  It’s why he gets a GM salary each year.

It has to be a COMPLETE change from what they've done up to now. The Brown family must step away from all football operations and hire a "football man" to be the President and let him operate it from there. A new GM, Front Office, Scouting Staff and Coaching staff. Unless i'm mistaken any money spent on the Front Office DOESN'T count against the salary cap does it? That's where other teams have the Bengals beat before the coin flip!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over......and over and over.....and....you get the idea, and expecting a different result!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:38 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I know that some will counter this with all the HC's that fail...

But lets look at the ones that came in and improved teams. Obviously McVay for the Rams.

Nagy came in and improved the Bears. Vrable just beat the Patriots today!

Good is the enemy of great. When you are mediocre, a HC change represents a new culture change and the players get energized.

Standing pat after yesterday says it all.  Nobody in the building who matters cares even a little bit.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:26 AM)McC Wrote: Standing pat after yesterday says it all.  Nobody in the building who matters cares even a little bit.  

Honestly, that's been apparent for 27+ years in a lot of ways.

We need to face the reality that we are a mom and pop shop in a league of Wal-Marts. We might have success occasionally, but it won't be sustained.

We have a really small front office compared to other teams. We have antiquated facilities. It's just nowhere near where the big boys are.
Reply/Quote