- No Eifert
- No Burfict
- Aging Pac Man
- Aging Whit
- Bodine seems to be getting worse, not better
- No Reggie Nelson
- No Fatty McButter Pants (A. Smith)
- No Hugh

Front 4 doesn't seem to be generating the kind of pressure we're accustomed to either, and I can't figure out why.

They still might win 9 or 10, but they are at best a second tier team with this roster.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
You forgot no Hall, Tate, or Sanu
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The front 4 not generating pressure is indeed puzzling to me. Is Burfict THAT much of a loss??

They did well against the run at least.
Reply/Quote
no geno is the most puzzling of that. the simplest explanation is not winning in the trenches. except you do win with hill and O-Line in the 1st half, then default to junk. stop running the ball? c'mon marv....i just answered the obvious didn't i?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:44 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The front 4 not generating pressure is indeed puzzling to me. Is Burfict THAT much of a loss??

They did well against the run at least.

Little pressure due to playing the run first...
Reply/Quote
I think the most troubling point about things so far this season is that it feels like the window is actually closing. A ton of our draft picks just haven't been working out lately and a lot of our better players are getting up there in age.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
The only major change I can think of on the D Line is the coach.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:56 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The only major change I can think of on the D Line is the coach.

which changed defensive schematic? not a simple answer.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 08:00 PM)WildCat Wrote: which changed defensive schematic? not a simple answer.

I don't know.  But coaching is the only change I can really think of on the D Line.  We have basically the same personnel.  We have Atkins and Dunlap.  Suddenly they are average?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:33 PM)Utts Wrote: They still might win 9 or 10, but they are at best a second tier team with this roster.

Figuring in primetime games, including Redskins, I don't see 9 or 10 wins unless serious adjustments are made and Burfict and Eifert can play out of their minds and not get hurt.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:56 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The only major change I can think of on the D Line is the coach.

Don't forget the nickel linebacker and corner both left, as well as the free safety.  If the coverage is not as tight, the line has less time to get there.

Additionally we only have 1 of our top 4 receiving threats from last season on the field at this point.  Scoring often puts teams into a pass first position letting guys pin their ears back.  Right now they have to play the run first and foremost.
Reply/Quote
MLJ went for a lovely 205 and 2 tds today.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 08:49 PM)Sweetness Wrote: MLJ went for a lovely 205 and 2 tds today.

And the Lions still lost. 

Sorry if I don't share everyone's well wishes for a guy that left a better team to put up numbers. 

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 08:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And the Lions still lost. 

Sorry if I don't share everyone's well wishes for a guy that left a better team to put up numbers. 

To each his own. I don't fault MJ for wanting to go where the QB actually throws the ball to him. Had he changed his name to MJ Green, he may have gotten more attention from Dalton. Hilarious except it is NOT funny! Dalton is color blind and can only see Green.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 08:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And the Lions still lost. 

And fans wonder why players don't give a crap about them. You couldn't care less about our players as actual people, apparently all that matters is that they're in a Bengals jersey. I for one am elated he's doing so well because he showed more heart and effort then the majority of players on the team when he was here. Dude was always diving for balls and going all out. 

Since when does someone doing well not matter just because they lost? If we lose the Jets game all of a sudden Greens performance is dog crap?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:33 PM)Utts Wrote: It's pretty simple really.

- No MLJ
- No Eifert
- No Burfict
- Aging Pac Man
- Aging Whit
- Bodine seems to be getting worse, not better
- No Reggie Nelson
- No Fatty McButter Pants (A. Smith)
- No Hugh

Front 4 doesn't seem to be generating the kind of pressure we're accustomed to either, and I can't figure out why.

They still might win 9 or 10, but they are at best a second tier team with this roster.

- Losing Marvin Jones is a big issue
- Eifert had a great season last year but other than that has been hurt and done nothing really
- Burfict missed 17 games the past two seasons, 20 if you include this season
- Adam Jones had two bad plays. He's been good otherwise
- Whit is one of the few bright spots on the offensive line
- Pretty much
- Nelson is also aging he's not good in Oakland right now
- Had to move on, he's not doing much better in Minnesota, trust me
- Losing Hue is the biggest problem

Outside of losing Sanu and Jones, the core players are still in tact. Smith we had to move on from. I wish we would have kept Nelson but have you seen him on the Riaders?

Our defensive line needs to finish plays. They get penetration and pressure. But they don't get the QB down.

Losing Hue Jackson is the worst thing that could have happened to this team right now. Zampese's play calling is trying too hard to be Hue with formations but there's no execution and no real substance.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 09:21 PM)Sweetness Wrote: And fans wonder why players don't give a crap about them. You couldn't care less about our players as actual people, apparently all that matters is that they're in a Bengals jersey. I for one am elated he's doing so well because he showed more heart and effort then the majority of players on the team when he was here. Dude was always diving for balls and going all out. 

Since when does someone doing well not matter just because they lost? If we lose the Jets game all of a sudden Greens performance is dog crap?

I don't root for guys that choose to leave my team. Be it Carson, Jones, whoever. Not going to apologize for it either. 

Reply/Quote