Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Joey B interview
with Albert Beer....on attitude, rehab, being ready, improving in year 2, etc

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/05/31/joe-burrow-inside-story-of-acl-rehab-monday-morning-quarterback-mmqb

“There was some good and some bad [from 2020],” he says. “I’d like to be more explosive. And I think I was really good in quick-game situations. On fourth down, we were really good. Empty, we were really good. But we need to be more explosive with play-action passes. All of our downfield passing needs to improve.”

Then, getting more specific, he adds, “I just wasn’t accurate as I was the year before [at LSU] down the field. And that was frustrating to me, because I’ve always been a good down-the-field thrower. Just getting back to the basics of that, really focusing on my fundamentals. I just started running and throwing a few weeks ago, so standing and throwing, and focusing on the fundamentals helped.”

Part of that led to a focus on getting stronger through his hips, to give him a shot to get more consistent juice throwing it. And that, as he sees it, worked. “Just getting my hips stronger through my rehab has gotten a ton more velocity on my ball,” he says. “I’ve been very happy with that.”

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
So the rehab has made him better at the two things he struggled with last year? Looks like this injury was a blessing in disguise Ninja
Reply/Quote
Thanks for sharing the interview.

At least Burrow reflects on his game. I'm sure most professional athletes do, but it's good to see an article confirming it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2021, 10:28 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: So the rehab has made him better at the two things he struggled with last year? Looks like this injury was a blessing in disguise Ninja

Uh oh.  Does this mean Jordan gets an award or something?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2021, 10:43 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Uh oh.  Does this mean Jordan gets an award or something?

Let's not go that far.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, his downfield passing was his biggest problem last season. Happy he has been really working on this.

Heard Boyd said his hands were stinging Joe was throwing with such velocity...
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 02:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Heard Boyd said his hands were stinging Joe was throwing with such velocity...

Uzomah said the same thing.  JB throwing with more velocity this year.

Throwing the deep ball is as much about timing and accuracy as arm strength.  Hopefully he has improved in all phases.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 03:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uzomah said the same thing.  JB throwing with more velocity this year.

Throwing the deep ball is as much about timing and accuracy as arm strength.  Hopefully he has improved in all phases.

Yeah Uzo had to put on gloves, wasn't used to that sting lol

True, probably why bringing in Chase was the move all the way. They have their timing down already.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2021, 10:28 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: So the rehab has made him better at the two things he struggled with last year? Looks like this injury was a blessing in disguise Ninja

Three or four more injuries and he will be Brady/Mahomes/Rodgers all in one.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2021, 11:59 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Three or four more injuries and he will be Brady/Mahomes/Rodgers all in one.

So what you guys are saying is that by taking Chase over Sewell, we not only got an awesome receiver, we are also getting a better Joey Burrow next time he gets hurt...? Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if true, that means Mike Brown is really playing some 4D chess. Incredibly advanced thinking. Wow.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2021, 04:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So what you guys are saying is that by taking Chase over Sewell, we not only got an awesome receiver, we are also getting a better Joey Burrow next time he gets hurt...? Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if true, that means Mike Brown is really playing some 4D chess. Incredibly advanced thinking. Wow.

He has been all along.  The entirety of the 90s was an elaborate series of ploys designed to bring us to precisely this moment ... 
Reply/Quote
Love that he has more confidence to throw downfield and whatever because it's showing that he's building as a quarterback and he's committed to improving, but will the line give him time to show off these abilities?

Play calling also plays a huge role in this, obviously, which Zac and the rest of the coaching staff haven't given me too much hope in their abilities so far.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2021, 04:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So what you guys are saying is that by taking Chase over Sewell, we not only got an awesome receiver, we are also getting a better Joey Burrow next time he gets hurt...? Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if true, that means Mike Brown is really playing some 4D chess. Incredibly advanced thinking. Wow.

They are just joking around Shake.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2021, 07:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They are just joking around Shake.

I think he was playing along. But now that we’ve broken the fourth wall it’s come to an end.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote