Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton to Bears?
The going rate for a veteran QB of Dalton's caliber has been a 4th. That is what the Ravens got for Flacco and what the Dolphins got for Tannehill.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 09:02 AM)Au165 Wrote: The going rate for a veteran QB of Dalton's caliber has been a 4th. That is what the Ravens got for Flacco and what the Dolphins got for Tannehill.

Flacco had a slightly bigger contract to eat though. And Tannehill... meh.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 11:36 AM)Benton Wrote: Flacco had a slightly bigger contract to eat though. And Tannehill... meh.

Actually it was really similar. His 2019 salary was 18.5 Million and nothing guaranteed beyond that, but then the Broncos restructured the deal and kicked guaranteed money down the road which is where they messed up.

4th is the mark or Dalton, maybe Brown holds out for a 3rd but my guess is we would send a day 3 pick along with Dalton to get that 3rd. 
Reply/Quote
If Bengals trade Dalton does that free up cap space immediately this season ?

If so could add a nice FA piece or two to go along with draft pick acquired.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 12:49 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Maybe The Jaguars. Or TB but to be honest I don’t think we will even trade him. If and it’s still an IF we draft Burrow I can see Brown sticking with Dalton for another year while Burrow learns the system or till Dalton plays himself out of the starting role. We will screw up any chance of getting something for Dalton as we did with Green. Brown probably wants more than teams are willing to give up for Dalton.

The Draft is my favorite non game time sporting event of the year yet I’m terrified this FO will cause most on here to lose their minds when we pass over Burrow or trade back. We have the owner and personnel to totally flip this draft on its head. I have a horrible feeling Tua is the guy this FO really wants. I’m one of the few that would be fine trading back to fix the Oline and LBer core and taking a QB next year. I will be pissed if we trade back and select any QB not named Burrow. Stay and take him or trade back and go a different direction by building up the team around the QB position.

Even in a trade back situation I have zero confidence in this FO to select starting caliber players. So at the end of the day I’m in the mindset of just staying at one to take Burrow. If he’s the real deal great, if not then he’s no worse than some of our recent first round picks.

Annnnd this is not even a Burrow thread... sorry NyQuil, The coughing, sniffling, sneezing WTF am I doing on the kitchen floor medicine is kickin my butt.

I'll offer my unborn first child to any God who will stop this from ever happening. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 12:52 PM)Go Cards Wrote: If Bengals trade Dalton does that free up cap space immediately this season ?

If so could add a nice FA piece or two to go along with draft pick acquired.

His salary for this season has already been paid out. Any move is for next season, which is technically what the FA's would be signing on for. To answer your first question, yes 17 Million comes off the books with a trade or release. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:38 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: No doubt in my mind BURROW is PALMER (pre-injury) with WHEELS.  Puts the long bombs in players hands with ease.

Palmer has Burrow on arm strength, but Burrow has things Palmer never had. Great pocket awareness, great decision making,
great accuracy, has wheels as you said and has a fire burning in him to be the best that I never saw with Carson while here.

Carson had the deep bomb tear drop that was a thing of beauty that I have never seen from another QB.

Burrow knows how to lay it in there perfect consistently though, consistency, another thing Burrow has over Palmer.

At least from what we saw this year, hope Burrow just gets better as a Bengal.

(01-15-2020, 08:11 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If he is Palmer we dont do that well then, palmer had just 2 winning seasons as a Bengal,, he was no way a bust but as a the 1st pick value of a QB he was a miss Dalton was the the best value overall as a 2nd round pick.

Agreed. Burrow should be better for us than Palmer ever was honestly. Prior to the injuries namely the knee Carson was 
pretty damn good. After that injury he seemed gun shy and not the same QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:25 PM)Au165 Wrote: His salary for this season has already been paid out. Any move is for next season, which is technically what the FA's would be signing on for. To answer your first question, yes 17 Million comes off the books with a trade or release. 

Thanks 

now just hope that the ownership decides to go shopping to help protect Burrow. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Palmer has Burrow on arm strength, but Burrow has things Palmer never had. Great pocket awareness, great decision making,
great accuracy, has wheels as you said and has a fire burning in him to be the best that I never saw with Carson while here.

Carson had the deep bomb tear drop that was a thing of beauty that I have never seen from another QB.

Burrow knows how to lay it in there perfect consistently though, consistency, another thing Burrow has over Palmer.

At least from what we saw this year, hope Burrow just gets better as a Bengal.

Agreed. Burrow should be better for us than Palmer ever was honestly. Prior to the injuries namely the knee Carson was 
pretty damn good. After that injury he seemed gun shy and not the same QB.

Agree and think Carson's heart was never in Ohio

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:59 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree and think Carson's heart was never in Ohio

Feel the same. I liked Carson though, don't get me wrong. Supported him even when he bailed on us.

But I don't think he ever had a fire in him like Burrow seems to have. Brady like fire.
Reply/Quote