Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
October Mock for 2024 NFL Draft
Assuming we will pick in the 15-25 range when all is said and done, and this first pick is going to be more of a "hope," but...

1) JC Latham, RT Alabama (6'6", 326 lb) - Ideal size and experience to come in immediately and take over the RT spot after Williams departs. If Latham isn't available, perhaps go with Amarius Mims or Jordan Morgan.

2) Christian Mahogany, OG Boston College (6'3", 330 lb) - I dunno about you, but unless Volson really comes along by the end of the year, I'm ready to try someone new to compete for the LG spot. Enter Mahogany, who plays nasty and with power. He's a glass eater that Pollack would love.
With Latham taking over at RT and Mahogany competing with Volson for LG, I think the OL would be in a rather good spot (finally).

3) Nazir Stackhouse, DT Georgia (6'3", 320 lb) - Growing DT who should be able to come in and impact immediately. He already can handle the power and physicality of the NFL, and he comes from one of the best DL schools in the nation. Let Stackhouse come in and either take Reader's spot or compete with Hill for 3T reps.

4) Luke Lachey, TE Iowa (6'5", 248 lb) - Wouldn't be surprised if Lachey starts climbing up the prospect rankings leading up to the draft, but right now he's projected a Rd 4-5 prospect. Going with him because he's proven already in college he can be a weapon in the passing game and he comes from TE U.

4) Ben Sinnott, TE/H-B Kansas St (6'4", 245 lb) - Sinnott is someone who has been labeled a true Swiss Army knife in the K-St offense, playing both TE and FB. He is a good blocker and he really finds ways to be effective as a receiver (694 yards and 6 TDs through 18 games the past two seasons). Concerns will mainly be will he have enough length/size to be a TE in the NFL, and what athleticism does he show in pre-draft process. I like what he has to offer.
https://sports.yahoo.com/kansas-state-football-tight-end-092202676.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFT5WN-De2szSqiyfOQL1vrcoUndVbyvFcadC-Cu_KKYlwAVJWx3T4ZUv3PzJOJ3Htp7e5TBdD9xGZ2l3Vn12Zo32ge0YaIxK96bok6n9A8C8nf_byG3uX-Jli7IRqUGzah9kFKZPbxdum2ZPTh0z9y9EN_K21HreiQRL4HDi-Ho

5) MarShawn Lloyd, RB USC (5'9", 215 lb) - Well-rounded RB who has also shown ability to pass protect. Didn't get a ton of opportunity at South Carolina, so he transferred to USC and is already at 433 rushing yards and 79 rec yards in just 5 games. He could easily end up with 1200+ yards from scrimmage by season's end. Dude looks like a powerful runner and is hard to bring down. His tape shows a guy who gets a lot of yards after contact. I saw one video of a guy saying his running style reminds him of Leonard Fournette.

While I would have liked to go with a RB earlier, I think the trenches and TE are more of an immediate need and many teams find ways to get contributions from late-round RBs early. Plus, Mixon can stick around for his final year while Lloyd and Brown spell him. If neither were to be ready to take the reins in 2025, Bengals could draft a RB early in 2025 to be the immediate RB1.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 02:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Assuming we will pick in the 15-25 range when all is said and done, and this first pick is going to be more of a "hope," but...

1) JC Latham, RT Alabama (6'6", 326 lb) - Ideal size and experience to come in immediately and take over the RT spot after Williams departs. If Latham isn't available, perhaps go with Amarius Mims or Jordan Morgan.

2) Christian Mahogany, OG Boston College (6'3", 330 lb) - I dunno about you, but unless Volson really comes along by the end of the year, I'm ready to try someone new to compete for the LG spot. Enter Mahogany, who plays nasty and with power. He's a glass eater that Pollack would love.
With Latham taking over at RT and Mahogany competing with Volson for LG, I think the OL would be in a rather good spot (finally).

3) Nazir Stackhouse, DT Georgia (6'3", 320 lb) - Growing DT who should be able to come in and impact immediately. He already can handle the power and physicality of the NFL, and he comes from one of the best DL schools in the nation. Let Stackhouse come in and either take Reader's spot or compete with Hill for 3T reps.

4) Luke Lachey, TE Iowa (6'5", 248 lb) - Wouldn't be surprised if Lachey starts climbing up the prospect rankings leading up to the draft, but right now he's projected a Rd 4-5 prospect. Going with him because he's proven already in college he can be a weapon in the passing game and he comes from TE U.

5) MarShawn Lloyd, RB USC (5'9", 215 lb) - Well-rounded RB who has also shown ability to pass protect. Didn't get a ton of opportunity at South Carolina, so he transferred to USC and is already at 433 rushing yards and 79 rec yards in just 5 games. He could easily end up with 1200+ yards from scrimmage by season's end. Dude looks like a powerful runner and is hard to bring down. His tape shows a guy who gets a lot of yards after contact. I saw one video of a guy saying his running style reminds him of Leonard Fournette.

While I would have liked to go with a RB earlier, I think the trenches and TE are more of an immediate need and many teams find ways to get contributions from late-round RBs early. Plus, Mixon can stick around for his final year while Lloyd and Brown spell him. If neither were to be ready to take the reins in 2025, Bengals could draft a RB early in 2025 to be the immediate RB1.

I tend to lean towards Offensive Line Prospects with good size and weight, so your selections look promising to me.

I have not spent much time on Draft prospects for 2024 yet.

Finding a Free Agent Veteran that is already proven as an Offensive Lineman seems to be working out the best for the

Bengals lately. They seem to Draft & develop other positions (besides O-Line) much better.

If they go for O-line early in the 2024 Draft they need to Flat out be right with those picks.

If wrong, they will have passed up on another position that may have worked out better which would be a set back.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 02:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Assuming we will pick in the 15-25 range when all is said and done, and this first pick is going to be more of a "hope," but...

No trades man that's no fun!(joking)

I would like to see more Athlectisim in this draft. (particularly on the offensive line).

Also no WRs in this draft? Do you think we resign Higgins or sign another FA wide out?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 02:45 PM)J24 Wrote: No trades man that's no fun!(joking)

I would like to see more Athlectisim in this draft. (particularly on the offensive line).

Also no WRs in this draft? Do you think we resign Higgins or sign another FA wide out?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but you don't think Latham nor Mahogany are athletic?

Latham has athleticism, but he also has power.
Mahogany is considered a good puller and able to work to the second level.

No WR taken since 1) Bengals took two WRs last draft, and 2) I do expect either Higgins to get re-signed, tagged, or some cheaper veteran brought in as a stopgap. If they do want to address in the draft, I'd likely go with a WR on Day 2 and either forego OG or DT (probably OG).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 02:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but you don't think Latham nor Mahogany are athletic?

Latham has athleticism, but he also has power.
Mahogany is considered a good puller and able to work to the second level.

No WR taken since 1) Bengals took two WRs last draft, and 2) I do expect either Higgins to get re-signed, tagged, or some cheaper veteran brought in as a stopgap. If they do want to address in the draft, I'd likely go with a WR on Day 2 and either forego OG or DT (probably OG).
Those guys are so big I just assumed that they weren't that Athletic. Would be a big get if they are there when we draft.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Lachey broke his ankle a couple weeks ago. They shut him down for the year so he may not declare since he is a Junior.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 06:15 PM)Synric Wrote: Lachey broke his ankle a couple weeks ago. They shut him down for the year so he may not declare since he is a Junior.

Oh damn, didn't know that. Thanks.
Yea I would think he would not declare because he'll very likely be a Day 3 pick if he declares.

What are your thoughts on Ben Sinnott out of K St?
I like him too but he might be just a bit too short. More of a TE/FB hybrid like Ryan Hewitt.
Wonder if he would be there in the 4th round.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 06:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Oh damn, didn't know that. Thanks.
Yea I would think he would not declare because he'll very likely be a Day 3 pick if he declares.

What are your thoughts on Ben Sinnott out of K St?
I like him too but he might be just a bit too short. More of a TE/FB hybrid like Ryan Hewitt.
Wonder if he would be there in the 4th round.

Sinnott will be all about his athletic testing and length. Will he have the length to play Y and the speed/quickness to uncover in against DBs in man. His tape shows a smart blocker with good vision in space and at the second level also a guy that really understands were the holes in zones are as a receiver.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 06:34 PM)Synric Wrote: Sinnott will be all about his athletic testing and length. Will he have the length to play Y and the speed/quickness to uncover in against DBs in man. His tape shows a smart blocker with good vision in space and at the second level also a guy that really understands were the holes in zones are as a receiver.

And that's exactly what I like about him lol.
The only real concerns I had were speed/agility and length to be an inline TE in the NFL.

I've said in other threads I'd like to see a FB on the team anyway, so he might be someone who could add a wrinkle to the offense.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If Bengals somehow kept both Higgins and Williams, I'd swap out Latham for a 3T so that the Bengals can really retool their IDL room.
I like Ruke Orhorhoro, the DT from Clemson. He plays all across the DL and is disruptive as a pass rusher. He's not a perfectly-refined product though, but he should be able to come in as a rotational guy as a rookie before taking over as the primary 3T once Hill's contract is up.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 10:19 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If Bengals somehow kept both Higgins and Williams, I'd swap out Latham for a 3T so that the Bengals can really retool their IDL room.
I like Ruke Orhorhoro, the DT from Clemson. He plays all across the DL and is disruptive as a pass rusher. He's not a perfectly-refined product though, but he should be able to come in as a rotational guy as a rookie before taking over as the primary 3T once Hill's contract is up.

With Orhorhoro being a 5th year senior, I would expect someone with his experience to come out somewhat polished and ready to go in the NFL.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 11:32 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With Orhorhoro being a 5th year senior, I would expect someone with his experience to come out somewhat polished and ready to go in the NFL.

He's not overly raw, but he's not perfect.
If there was a perfect pass rusher, they'd be a Top 15 pick.
I don't think all 5th year seniors should have to be perfect.

Orhorhoro reminds me somewhat of BJ Hill in his versatility and well-roundedness.
But I think he has more pass rush potential than Hill, and he's already a good size at 6'3", 295 lb.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm starting to think Pollack might end up liking Cooper Beebe (OL, K-St) so much that he could be a legit Day 2 pick for the Bengals.
Beebe has the size, power, and demeanor that Pollack will drool over.
He's also strong academically and has played all OL spots except for C, which are huge pluses as well.
The question will ultimately come down to athleticism for him.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

4) Ben Sinnott, TE/H-B Kansas St (6'4", 245 lb) - Sinnott is someone who has been labeled a true Swiss Army knife in the K-St offense, playing both TE and FB. He is a good blocker and he really finds ways to be effective as a receiver (694 yards and 6 TDs through 18 games the past two seasons). Concerns will mainly be will he have enough length/size to be a TE in the NFL, and what athleticism does he show in pre-draft process. I like what he has to offer.
https://sports.yahoo.com/kansas-state-football-tight-end-092202676.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFT5WN-De2szSqiyfOQL1vrcoUndVbyvFcadC-Cu_KKYlwAVJWx3T4ZUv3PzJOJ3Htp7e5TBdD9xGZ2l3Vn12Zo32ge0YaIxK96bok6n9A8C8nf_byG3uX-Jli7IRqUGzah9kFKZPbxdum2ZPTh0z9y9EN_K21HreiQRL4HDi-Ho

I like it Ochocincos. Way to concentrate on the trenches, Latham, Mahogany and Stackhouse would really help keep our 
trenches strong on both sides and at the very least would provide quality depth. Will watch Sinnott this weekend as K-State 
will be on Fox. Watched Kansas beat Oklahoma last week and was really impressed with their OL, specifically their Center 
Novitski (spelling?).

I don't know if any of the Kansas OL are going to come out in this Draft but if some of them are, I would be looking at 
these guys. They pretty much dominated a good Oklahoma front.
Reply/Quote

Not so sure Jonah is gone unless he wants to be a LT… also I love mahogany but van pran my first choice there
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 01:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm starting to think Pollack might end up liking Cooper Beebe (OL, K-St) so much that he could be a legit Day 2 pick for the Bengals.
Beebe has the size, power, and demeanor that Pollack will drool over.
He's also strong academically and has played all OL spots except for C, which are huge pluses as well.
The question will ultimately come down to athleticism for him.

Beebe is having a rough day against Texas' IDL. Not just the starters either.

Reply/Quote
Sinnott had a good game, I like him. Would be nice to add a player that could play TE, H-Back and Fullback. Ran some
nice routes and looks to have good hands. Looks really physical blocking as well. Was impressed with this guy. Kind of
weird a TE having the number 32 though, messed with me at first finding the TE ha ha
Reply/Quote