Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Octopuses are Aliens
(08-30-2015, 06:43 PM)Beaker Wrote: And what you aren't considering when believers call it "random" is that any probability statistic that they assign to it cannot be accurate. This is because all factors are not know, nor are they considered in any probability statistic. Newer discoveries such as dark matter and dark energy are yet to be fully comprehended. Thus, when a believer says you cannot comprehend the scope of god, I counter with you cannot comprehend the scope of nature. Once things like dark matter and dark energy are better understood, it could show that the formation of the universe was not random at all, but follows very established laws (patterns) of nature. So your whole argument about scientists won't consider the remote probability of total randomness is moot. It is not considered because the formation is not considered totally random to begin with as believers want to put forth.

1. I already know that a statistical probability in what we're discussing is only an estimate.
2. I agree that no one, at this time, can fully comprehend nature.
3. Any future discoveries that include structure, without discovering the source of the structure, are no different than the conclusions we have now.
4. I never once said scientists won't consider the possibility of randomness. 
5. I'm not worried about other "believers". Try and stick to things i'm typing without interjecting "whackjobs" opinions. 
6. This list is now 3 more than SCS would appreciate and i don't think he agrees with multiples. But whatever.

I know you're a smart guy and i appreciate when you take the time to respond in the way you have today. I would just ask that you not lump me in with things you've heard from others and make that part of your answer.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-30-2015, 07:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol. Such hubris. "must" "wont" "pretending". 

I didn't become a Christian until i was 20 years old. Before that, i had an awareness of God, same as anyone else. Events in my life, for a time, lead me to go away from 'being/acting like a Christian should'. 

So, i guess you're right. I'm so indoctrinated that nothing could change my mind.   Rolleyes

Just admit you have nothing, already. 

P.S. My theory has proven conclusive. Given two options, you choose the low hanging fruit that doesn't cause you to have to explain yourself.  ThumbsUp

Like I also said...it doesn't matter what YOU want to believe.  Your own words have shown you think God did it.  And that's okie dokie with me.  But if you want to keep pretending (yes...pretending) that science is proving ID you are being disingenuous.  

You don't have to be brought up in a religion to believe it so deeply that you can't see your own bias. 

i don't have to have anything.  You have provided all the proof I need in your own words.

As to your "PS"?  Saying "God did it" when you can't prove anything else is the low hanging fruit as you call it.  And trying to take any and all science to make it fit your "belief" is the same.

I'd just can't believe you won't admit it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-30-2015, 07:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: Like I also said...it doesn't matter what YOU want to believe.  Your own words have shown you think God did it.  And that's okie dokie with me.  But if you want to keep pretending (yes...pretending) that science is proving ID you are being disingenuous.  

You don't have to be brought up in a religion to believe it so deeply that you can't see your own bias. 

i don't have to have anything.  You have provided all the proof I need in your own words.

As to your "PS"?  Saying "God did it" when you can't prove anything else is the low hanging fruit as you call it.  And trying to take any and all science to make it fit your "belief" is the same.

I'd just can't believe you won't admit it.

Again with the "proving". Something i've not said. Or in your next reply, implied. As well as another instance of "God did it" when i've repeatedly asked to stay away from that lame argument, on several occasions.

You're completely lost. I think we're done here.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-30-2015, 07:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Again with the "proving". Something i've not said. Or in your next reply, implied. As well as another instance of "God did it" when i've repeatedly asked to stay away from that lame argument, on several occasions.

You're completely lost. I think we're done here.

Yeah, if you can't admit that you are just looking at it to show that ID is the answer but not admitting that you mean God did it there's really no sense having the discussion.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-30-2015, 08:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah, if you can't admit that you are just looking at it to show that ID is the answer but not admitting that you mean God did it there's really no sense having the discussion.

Did you miss the part where i said i believe God did it? Maybe you did, since after all, i did cite specific reasons for it and didn't just say "can't be explained...God did it". Maybe you were confused when i said that i'd be happy to strip that away and just look at the possibility that it was designed by "something". It's hard to keep your confusion straight at this point...

I am all too willing to consider arguments against though. Something you're not able to provide.

I think you said it best when you said "i don't have to have anything". It says more than you meant.

(08-30-2015, 07:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 4. I never once said scientists won't consider the possibility of randomness.

Without going back through the entire thread you said something to the effect of: it bothers you how scientists, being logical, consistently overlook, or won't mention that the statistical probability the universe arising in a random matter is so low its a virtual impossibility. At least that's how I read/remember it.
(08-31-2015, 12:26 AM)Beaker Wrote: Without going back through the entire thread you said something to the effect of: it bothers you how scientists, being logical, consistently overlook, or won't mention that the statistical probability the universe arising in a random matter is so low its a virtual impossibility. At least that's how I read/remember it.

No. I've stated on a couple occasions that very few believe it to be random.