Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Octopuses are Aliens
(08-21-2015, 10:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Alien life is a statistical fact give the trillions of planets orbiting billions of starts in the billions of galaxies that exist.  A divine creator... not so much.

I wonder how all those galaxies came to be; magic?

BTW, I'm not Mr Science guy but I'll go out on a limb and suggest there are more stars* than planets in the universe.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-21-2015, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder how all those galaxies came to be; magic?

We currently don't know.  It's telling that you say magic though, because that and "god" has historically been the way humanity explains the currently unknown.  Good thing that some of us are growing out of the need to attribute supernatural explanations to questions that we can't yet explain scientifically.

Quote:BTW, I'm not Mr Science guy but I'll go out on a limb and suggest there are more starts than planets in the universe.

I'm not Mr. Spellcheck guy but I'm going to assume you meant to type "stars".  In which case I'd be willing to bet you'd be wrong.  As stars are massive, and thus exhibit enormous gravity wells, they will tend to attract other matter that will tend to aggregate and form planets.  Let's ask the experts shall we?

http://www.universetoday.com/109551/keplers-universe-more-planets-in-our-galaxy-than-stars/

Quote:Astronomers estimate that the Milky Way contains up to 400 billion starsand thanks to the Kepler mission, we can now estimate that every star in our galaxy has on average 1.6 planets in orbit around it.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-16528668

Quote:Going on the available evidence from our own solar system - and there's no obvious reason to assume it is unusual - you might plump for a ratio of 1:8. That would give you a ballpark figure of some 800 billion planets in the Milky Way, and something like 100 billion times that for the entire Universe

I could go on.
(08-21-2015, 10:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Alien life is a statistical fact give the trillions of planets orbiting billions of starts in the billions of galaxies that exist.  A divine creator... not so much.

(08-21-2015, 10:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm not Mr. Spellcheck guy but I'm going to assume you meant to type "stars". 

Tee Hee

(08-21-2015, 10:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tee Hee

I guess this an appropriate response to an e-asswhipping.  Run and hide rabbit.
(08-21-2015, 10:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I guess this an appropriate response to an e-asswhipping.  Run and hide rabbit.

Good work?

(08-21-2015, 11:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Good work?

If you consider the Buffalo Bill tuck and run good work then sure.  Feel free to getting back to your debunked claim whenever you're done typing "tee-hee"  Which, I have to say, is an odd response from someone as homophobic as you.
(08-21-2015, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder how all those galaxies came to be; magic?

BTW, I'm not Mr Science guy but I'll go out on a limb and suggest there are more stars* than planets in the universe.

[Image: tumblr_mevs215AFw1rvhgbfo1_500.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Well, something can't come from nothing.  Except god.

And it's a statistical impossibility that life was created from non-life.
(08-22-2015, 02:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: And it's a statistical impossibility that life was created from non-life.

Didn't god use clay to create Adam in Genesis?  Or is that an allegory and we aren't meant to interpret that story literally?
(08-22-2015, 02:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: And it's a statistical impossibility that life was created from non-life.

I don't have a dog in the creation vs evolution debate, but if this is true, where did the first lives come from?
(08-22-2015, 03:08 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I don't have a dog in the creation vs evolution debate, but if this is true, where did the first lives come from?

A "jumping gene".

(08-22-2015, 03:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A "jumping gene".
Do you even know what this is? Looking for a serious reply, not one belittling it because you don't get it, don't like it, or it conflicts with what religion tells you.

Sooooo...what did your god use to create humans?  Where did your god come from? Was he created too, or just come into being from non-life?

You do realize that life actually began at one point, right? There was a living being, when before there was none.  There is no way around this fact.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

By saying this do you mean: "I have absolutely no clue"?
LFG  

How do you even know about genes? Moronic scientists asking moronic question to understand "created beings" and the world around them. Otherwise, we would still be living like Iron Age goat herders.
(08-21-2015, 11:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: tumblr_mevs215AFw1rvhgbfo1_500.jpg]

[Image: quote-there-s-another-way-to-phrase-that...-61-60.jpg]
(08-22-2015, 02:57 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Didn't god use clay to create Adam in Genesis?  Or is that an allegory and we aren't meant to interpret that story literally?

Personally, I don't think it's meant to be taken literally. I even read somewhere that reading Genesis in the original Hebrew, it's written in such a way that's obviously allegorical (sort of like reading rhyming lyrics and understanding it's a poem)
(08-22-2015, 06:36 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Sooooo...what did your god use to create humans?  Where did your god come from? Was he created too, or just come into being from non-life?

You do realize that life actually began at one point, right? There was a living being, when before there was none.  There is no way around this fact.

I guess I should've added a quantifier like "by accident". However, I do consider God to be a living being even if I believe He is infinite. 
(08-22-2015, 08:04 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How do you even know about genes?  Moronic scientists asking moronic question to understand "created beings" and the world around them. Otherwise, we would still be living like Iron Age goat herders.

I did not say scientists were moronic. I simply said they can be (most likely should have said appear) when they try to explain something they don't understand.

I just let you guys have your fun for a time running with something that was never actually said.

(08-22-2015, 08:42 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I guess I should've added a quantifier like "by accident". However, I do consider God to be a living being even if I believe He is infinite. 

So in your opinion, it's completely plausible for a being that existed before time to have decided to create everything that has ever been known, but it is not plausible to think that it might have all been an accident?  

Both of those ideas are mind-blowing to me, and I won't pretend that I know how the universe, or even life on this planet began.  I just always find it odd that so many people can say that the "accident" idea is so far out there, but feel that the "everything was created by an infinite omnipotent being" is a completely logical explanation.
LFG