Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Octopuses are Aliens
(08-26-2015, 06:07 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The main point is cancer was designed along with everything else.  Cancer was designed (by a loving god) in such a manner to prevent us from developing a "cure."

There is an inumerable amout of things that can cause death. If one was designed, they were all designed. That doesnt really speak to if the universe is random or designed.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-26-2015, 06:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: are you getting octopus confused with with Great Flying Spagetti monster?

[Image: a00424620067f7212a86169f59c039cc.jpg]

Pastafarians believe.

No. He's just adding fluff.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-26-2015, 03:16 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: IT"S NOT A LIST!!!!!

Here's a list for you.

1. Shut
2. Your
3. Face

:angry:

(08-26-2015, 06:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Here's a list for you.

1. Shut
2. Your
3. Face

:angry:

He cannot.
It's a hereditary issue, from his mother's side.
Ninja
(08-26-2015, 06:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I never sais anything about "proof".

Were you not posting links to back up your opinion that ID is statistically more probable?
(08-26-2015, 06:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There is an inumerable amout of things that can cause death. If one was designed, they were all designed. That doesnt really speak to if the universe is random or designed.

If they were all designed wouldn't that speak to if the universe is random or designed?
(08-27-2015, 12:58 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Were you not posting links to back up your opinion that ID is statistically more probable?

Based on the fine-tuning of the Universe, yes. 

(08-27-2015, 01:23 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If they were all designed wouldn't that speak to if the universe is random or designed?

Yep. 

(08-27-2015, 01:55 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Based on the fine-tuning of the Universe, yes. 

So you were posting links to back up your opinion, which some would call "proof" or "evidence".  Either way you were trying to strengthen your opinion with data. Which is fine.

Now that being said, I still stand by my original point in which I said "you can't prove that there is a god (or ID) any more than I can prove there is not."

Your opinion is valid though, and I've often wrestled with this question.  Do I believe in the possibility of a god (or ID)? Sure, call me agnostic.  But I think it's really difficult to say one way or the other is proof positive.
(08-27-2015, 01:57 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. 

Okay, so how can it not really speak to if the universe is random or designed while it simultaneously speaks to if the universe is random or designed?
(08-26-2015, 06:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: are you getting octopus confused with with Great Flying Spagetti monster?

[Image: a00424620067f7212a86169f59c039cc.jpg]

Pastafarians believe.

I said "In his 'image'".  Like a monkey vs a man.   Ninja

(08-26-2015, 06:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. He's just adding fluff.

Why are you rejecting a large group pf people's beliefs?  All proof so far for ID is leading toward the FSM as far as I can tell.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-27-2015, 04:28 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Okay, so how can it not really speak to if the universe is random or designed while it simultaneously speaks to if the universe is random or designed?

I'm not sure where you're getting the "not" since i agreed with what you said.

(08-27-2015, 08:47 AM)GMDino Wrote: I said "In his 'image'".  Like a monkey vs a man.   Ninja

Why are you rejecting a large group pf people's beliefs?  All proof so far for ID is leading toward the FSM as far as I can tell.

Saying you're adding fluff isn't rejecting anyone but you.

(08-23-2015, 09:38 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Does this mean you're a Glock fanboy  ?
It seems that most people who do not like 1911 seem to be big on Glocks.

Anyone who doubts the certainty of life evolving on another planet is wholly ignorant of; 1. the basic concept of mathematics and 2. the more specific concept of statistics.  In either case you're ignorant.
(08-28-2015, 02:20 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Anyone who doubts the certainty of life evolving on another planet is wholly ignorant of; 1. the basic concept of mathematics and 2. the more specific concept of statistics.  In either case you're ignorant.

I'm guessing you quoted the wrong post.
Tongue
(08-28-2015, 02:07 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Saying you're adding fluff isn't rejecting anyone but you.

No. I'm saying my theory is as good as yours.  Unless you have some information to the contrary.

I think the science points more toward random than my theory or yours...but our two theories are about the same.
(08-28-2015, 08:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: No. I'm saying my theory is as good as yours.  Unless you have some information to the contrary.

I think the science points more toward random than my theory or yours...but our two theories are about the same.

Except "my" theory isn't my theory. I'm basing my arguments on verifiable numbers given by actual scientists. 

How do you come to the conclusion that it's random?

Would it not be just "Octopus" and not "Octopuses"?

It's not "Octopi" either.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(08-28-2015, 03:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Except "my" theory isn't my theory. I'm basing my arguments on verifiable numbers given by actual scientists. 

How do you come to the conclusion that it's random?

So your theory that there is a divine creator who had everything planned is better than the theory of the FSM having everything planned?

I came to the conclusion by looking at the same numbers and events you looked at and NOT saying that it must have been a divine being that caused it all.
(08-28-2015, 03:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: So your theory that there is a divine creator who had everything planned is better than the theory of the FSM having everything planned?

I came to the conclusion by looking at the same numbers and events you looked at and NOT saying that it must have been a divine being that caused it all.

Apparently you've had a little trouble comprehending what was said, but don't worry, it happens a lot around here. 

I originally said that there is more statistical evidence for ID. I never said "God did it". I'm looking at raw, known numbers and asking if the totality of the specific parameters needed to form and hold the Universe together, point toward a random event or something that was designed. 

So, the bottom line for you is, the exactness of many forces, that are necessary for the Universe to exist, are the result of happenstance or a random occurrence. 

As a side note, i never used the word "must". I'm asking a question. Please stop adding stuff to what i'm posting. If you're unsure, you can ask and i'll clarify if need be.