Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oddly enough.
We are still in the race for the division.

The Steelers have done what I predicted they would do and lost a lot of those traveling games. The surprise was Jacksonville, but it still took a lot for them to win that one.

Now with the Saints and Patriots, those look like 2 more losses for Pittsburgh. (I know, but the Pats lost to the Dolphins, spare me).

We have the Raiders, Browns and Steelers. None are gimme games for sure, but if we win out and the Steelers do in fact lose out then that would leave our fate up to the Browns and Ravens. The Browns have to go out to Denver and have the Ravens, so 1 loss for us (remember we have to win out), and a loss to Denver would have us actually cheering for the Browns against the Ravens.

The Ravens have the up and down Bucs and have to travel to SD. So those aren't gimme wins for the Ravens. If the Ravens were to lose both of those games and the Browns lose to the Broncos (as well as us), then we could control our own destiny by beating the Steelers at the end of the season. Not ideal and I know many will say that we don't deserve to even go to the playoffs, but if not us, who in our division do you think actually "deserves" to go? Serious question, Who do you really think should win the division this year and go to the playoffs?

First though, it does start with us winning. Even if we lose in the 1st round of the playoffs, at least we would keep the rest of the division from going.

Though we could have abolished a lot of this anguish and anxiety by winning a few of those games that we had lost. Steelers, Browns, Ravens and Broncos were all winnable games and the Bengals played like crap.

Though, I will take a division win and consider that a win for this season. Come back stronger next year and make some noise then.
Reply/Quote
Super Bowl!
Reply/Quote
We are the most dangerous team in the NFL that has lost 5 games in a row and 7 of our last 8. Nobody wants to play us!
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 01:18 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Super Bowl!

That is not what I said at all.  I don't see us going to the Super Bowl.  If we do make the play offs I see us losing in the 1st round.

At least the Steelers and Ravens and Browns don't go and we would actually be the division champs.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 01:20 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We are the most dangerous team in the NFL that has lost 5 games in a row and 7 of our last 8. Nobody wants to play us!

OK, so if the Steelers lose their next 2 they will have lost their last 5 games.  Do you think they are more deserving to win the division and go to the playoffs?

The Ravens have the next best record, so I guess you think they deserve to go.

The Browns have surprised many, so I guess they deserve the division title.

If we beat the Raiders and Browns, and the Ravens lose to the Bucs and Chargers, the division will be to whoever wins the final game of the season.  Other than draft placement, why not actually entertain the notion of us winning the division since it is still a possibility.  Do you think the other AFCN teams' fans prefer to lose out since they will also probably be knocked out in the 1st round of the playoffs?  I don't think so.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 01:07 AM)YsCascadia Wrote: We are still in the race for the division.

The Steelers have done what I predicted they would do and lost a lot of those traveling games. The surprise was Jacksonville, but it still took a lot for them to win that one.

Now with the Saints and Patriots, those look like 2 more losses for Pittsburgh. (I know, but the Pats lost to the Dolphins, spare me).

We have the Raiders, Browns and Steelers. None are gimme games for sure, but if we win out and the Steelers do in fact lose out then that would leave our fate up to the Browns and Ravens. The Browns have to go out to Denver and have the Ravens, so 1 loss for us (remember we have to win out), and a loss to Denver would have us actually cheering for the Browns against the Ravens.

The Ravens have the up and down Bucs and have to travel to SD. So those aren't gimme wins for the Ravens. If the Ravens were to lose both of those games and the Browns lose to the Broncos (as well as us), then we could control our own destiny by beating the Steelers at the end of the season. Not ideal and I know many will say that we don't deserve to even go to the playoffs, but if not us, who in our division do you think actually "deserves" to go? Serious question, Who do you really think should win the division this year and go to the playoffs?

First though, it does start with us winning. Even if we lose in the 1st round of the playoffs, at least we would keep the rest of the division from going.

Though we could have abolished a lot of this anguish and anxiety by winning a few of those games that we had lost. Steelers, Browns, Ravens and Broncos were all winnable games and the Bengals played like crap.

Though, I will take a division win and consider that a win for this season. Come back stronger next year and make some noise then.

If the Bengals win out they finish ahead of the Browns regardless of what they do the other two games. Bengals would be 8-8 the Browns no better than 7-8-1.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Some people just can't take a hint huh.

Buy a lottery ticket. Chances of that happening are as high as the scenario you just laid out.
Reply/Quote
Who "deserves" to win our division? It ain't us, we could play the Steelers 10 games and lose every one, the Ravens are playing very well, and probably are the most "deserving" at this point. When the Browns kick our butts yet again, it will certify that we aren't the most deserving, but the least. I say lose them all, get a better draft pick, and hopefully a complete new coaching staff. THEN, we'll be ready for next year.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 01:55 AM)Brimey Wrote: Some people just can't take a hint huh.

Buy a lottery ticket. Chances of that happening are as high as the scenario you just laid out.

Really?

So the Bengals can't beat the Browns and Raiders?  Talk about not understanding odds.  You think the Browns sweep us? 

You think the Steelers are a great team that can go toe to toe with the Saints and Patriots? 

I would also say that the Ravens aren't locks to beat the Bucs either.  They have to go out to LA to play the Chargers and to put odds on them beating the Chargers isn't the smartest move to make.

The Browns beating the Broncos in Denver is pretty wild as well.

I get it, we won't go to the SB, but to act like we can't make the playoffs is silly.  I will re-ask the question... Who do you think deserves to win the division at this point?  None of the teams in the AFCN look like contenders for the SB, so that leaves us with the Division title.  Why not cheer for a Bengals victory for the title if you know none of the AFCN teams will do anything in the playoffs when it starts?

We will retain Marvin, Hue will still be here, Dalton isn't going anywhere.  The draft class is deep at OLine, meaning draft position won't factor in.  So enjoy these next few weeks and make your Steeler fan friends sweat by reminding them how close they are to not making the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
We hold the 10th pick right now I believe. I’m hoping to lose out and end up in the top 5.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 02:11 AM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Who "deserves" to win our division? It ain't us, we could play the Steelers 10 games and lose every one, the Ravens are playing very well, and probably are the most "deserving" at this point. When the Browns kick our butts yet again, it will certify that we aren't the most deserving, but the least. I say lose them all, get a better draft pick, and hopefully a complete new coaching staff. THEN, we'll be ready for next year.

What do you mean by "better" draft pick?  Do you really think it matters where we pick? 

No, we will not get a complete new coaching staff... that isn't going to happen.  Yes we should, but it is unlikely to take place.  The most likely scenario that I see happening is Hue taking over HC and Lewis actually stepping down to DC.  Unless of course he is offered a HC position.  If not, then he would be targeted as a DC so why not just stay here?
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 02:14 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: We hold the 10th pick right now I believe.  I’m hoping to lose out and end up in the top 5.

Who do you think we should take with that "top" 5 pick?
Reply/Quote
I think a sure fire for Lewis would be the Browns going to the PO's and winning a game so let''s go with that.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 02:20 AM)YsCascadia Wrote: Who do you think we should take with that "top" 5 pick?

White, the linebacker from LSU.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 02:14 AM)YsCascadia Wrote: Really?

So the Bengals can't beat the Browns and Raiders?  Talk about not understanding odds.  You think the Browns sweep us? 

You think the Steelers are a great team that can go toe to toe with the Saints and Patriots? 

I would also say that the Ravens aren't locks to beat the Bucs either.  They have to go out to LA to play the Chargers and to put odds on them beating the Chargers isn't the smartest move to make.

The Browns beating the Broncos in Denver is pretty wild as well.

I get it, we won't go to the SB, but to act like we can't make the playoffs is silly.  I will re-ask the question... Who do you think deserves to win the division at this point?  None of the teams in the AFCN look like contenders for the SB, so that leaves us with the Division title.  Why not cheer for a Bengals victory for the title if you know none of the AFCN teams will do anything in the playoffs when it starts?

We will retain Marvin, Hue will still be here, Dalton isn't going anywhere.  The draft class is deep at OLine, meaning draft position won't factor in.  So enjoy these next few weeks and make your Steeler fan friends sweat by reminding them how close they are to not making the playoffs.

The Bengals haven't won a game since October. They've been destroyed multiple times since then.  The chances of the Bengals winning out is ludicrously low. The chances of every other team in the division losing out is ludicrously low. 

What game did you watch the last time this team played Cleveland. That wasn't close. The Bengals are collapsing and the Browns are beginning to surge a bit .Expect a blowout.

Sure Oakland stinks. Then again, Gruden just beat Pittsburgh at home, something Marvin has accomplished twice in 16 years. So Gruden is treated like a joke...not sure what that makes Marvin.

And beating Pittsburgh on the road in week 17 in a pressuep situation...Yeah right. What have you seen out of this team that they have the ability to do that. 

Best case scenario is we lose the next two and in a nothing to lose game week 17 we knock Pittsburgh out of playoffs. 

This team is in rebuild mode. 
Reply/Quote
Winning out is a guarantee Marvin remains. I would not sacrifice his departure for a playoff appearance.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 01:20 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We are the most dangerous team in the NFL that has lost 5 games in a row and 7 of our last 8. Nobody wants to play us!

I laughed a little too hard at this one...
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 01:07 AM)YsCascadia Wrote: We are still in the race for the division.

4th in the North.....
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 02:14 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: We hold the 10th pick right now I believe.  I’m hoping to lose out and end up in the top 5.

As am I, us making the playoffs would be an embarrassment to the NFL.......lose out and lets get Marvin gone!!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 09:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: 4th in the North.....

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5645696]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote