Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odds that Andy ends up injured
As pointed out in numerous threads there were several quality oline upgrades available some of which we could have retained for more than 1 year but we did nothing!

I know I’m critical of Andy but I do believe he is a solid qb (and a good person) and so does the front office but yet despite all the hits he has taken they did nothing to help him!! I find that to be absolutely insane!

Do they feel the season is lost? If so why keep playing him? Am I the only one who thinks unless the line suddenly improves an injury is all but guaranteed?
Reply/Quote
If he doesn't throw an INT in our End Zone then try to make the tackle I think the odds are good he doesn't get hurt.

Any statistics on how often a QB suffers a season ending injury from getting sacked?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 09:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If he doesn't throw an INT in our End Zone then try to make the tackle I think the odds are good he doesn't get hurt.

Any statistics on how often a QB suffers a season ending injury from getting sacked?

I’m sure the odds are low but he also isn’t a thick built guy so I don’t believe he can absorb punishment like some qbs can. It is also worth noting that Jacksonville is this Sunday’s opponent

I bet they alter the playbook out of their own fear of him being hit too often
Reply/Quote
let mixon get hit he young xD
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 09:14 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: let mixon get hit he young xD

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 09:11 PM)Deanlj69 Wrote: I’m sure the odds are low but he also isn’t a thick built guy so I don’t believe he can absorb punishment like some qbs can. It is also worth noting that Jacksonville is this Sunday’s opponent

I bet they alter the playbook out of their own fear of him being hit too often

Considering the punishment he suffered last year and this year? I would say the chances are greater than some believe.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 09:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If he doesn't throw an INT in our End Zone then try to make the tackle I think the odds are good he doesn't get hurt.

Aaron Rodgers and Carson Palmer both got injured via sack, didn't they? I think those are the only two starting QBs that have been IR-ed so far this season and they both got lit up on sacks.

EDIT Ok, Rodgers got the ball out on a rollout, so it wasn't due to a bad line.
Reply/Quote
Pray he does not but do not see our OL slowing Jags down at all.

Feel sorry for him already. He is a tough kid though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'll say 55% (normal games I'd float around 10%). He won't have a pocket to throw from, and even having backs to stay with him and block, he won't have anyone to throw to.

It will be a rough, rough ass game.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
50% chance we will see McCarron this week
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 09:05 PM)Deanlj69 Wrote: As pointed out in numerous threads there were several quality oline upgrades available some of which we could have retained for more than 1 year but we did nothing!

I know I’m critical of Andy but I do believe he is a solid qb (and a good person) and so does the front office but yet despite all the hits he has taken they did nothing to help him!! I find that to be absolutely insane!

Do they feel the season is lost? If so why keep playing him? Am I the only one who thinks unless the line suddenly improves an injury is all but guaranteed?

Who exactly was available? Denver also has dire offensive line needs, and did not trade for an offensive lineman. Dallas's line pretty much blows this year as well as a couple of others. None traded for olineman that I could see. Maybe it's true that there just isn't anyone out there that is available and an upgrade.
Reply/Quote
Eh, I think it's bad luck to speculate on something like this.

Let me put it this way. Behind this offensive line, I'm surprised he hasn't been hurt yet.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 09:05 PM)Deanlj69 Wrote: As pointed out in numerous threads there were several quality oline upgrades available some of which we could have retained for more than 1 year but we did nothing!

The thing that gets me with all of this, is the guy took a team friendly deal to allow for the signing of quality players around him.  Yet, here we are.  If they wanted to trade McCarron, it should have been for a serviceable LT or C/G.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 08:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Who exactly was available? Denver also has dire offensive line needs, and did not trade for an offensive lineman. Dallas's line pretty much blows this year as well as a couple of others. None traded for olineman that I could see. Maybe it's true that there just isn't anyone out there that is available and an upgrade.

.....but.....what did other teams have to offer?  We have a good QB on the bench and a decent RB that could have been put on the table.

Reply/Quote
We have won 3 out of our last 4. Clearly we are on the upswing and Mike doesn't need to spend money.

Edit:
Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 10:29 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....but.....what did other teams have to offer?  We have a good QB on the bench and a decent RB that could have been put on the table.

You can offer a million dollars for a glass of water, but if it's an extinction level drought, he's probably not going to sell it to you. Hey, I wish they had traded for a lineman as well, but since no other team with shitty lines got a lineman either, I'm thinking there just weren't any good ones available. Not saying we would have traded, but just trying to call it down the line....
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 12:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You can offer a million dollars for a glass of water, but if it's an extinction level drought, he's probably not going to sell it to you. Hey, I wish they had traded for a lineman as well, but since no other team with shitty lines got a lineman either, I'm thinking there just weren't any good ones available. Not saying we would have traded, but just trying to call it down the line....

I feel ya....but there were three serviceable options available, albeit trade rumors.  The T mentioned in those rumors (name slips my mind), graded out in the 70s, I think?  That's far better than what we have here.

Reply/Quote

Of course they don't feel the season is lost. If they did, they'd be playing McCarron to get his value up for trades or to keep Dalton healthy for next year. 

The problem is that the front office, for some unknown reason, thought our OL was good enough heading into the season. They're also too proud to admit they made a mistake and so will not acknowledge they need to do anything to fix the line, the OLmen just need to "do better, execute better giggle giggle f***ing giggle." 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 12:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: I feel ya....but there were three serviceable options available, albeit trade rumors.  The T mentioned in those rumors (name slips my mind), graded out in the 70s, I think?  That's far better than what we have here.

The only line guy I heard mentioned that was available, was Staley, and he got injured last week. I have to admit, I was driving when I heard the first "AJ to Cleveland" rumor, and had my hopes up we gave them AJ and possibly a pick to get Zeitler back....
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 12:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The only line guy I heard mentioned that was available, was Staley, and he got injured last week. I have to admit, I was driving when I heard the first "AJ to Cleveland" rumor, and had my hopes up we gave them AJ and possibly a pick to get Zeitler back....

Even though we apparently never made an effort, wasn't what's-his-face Mack, the center available this past offseason? I know he's old, but even an old, great player has to be better than Bodine or anyone else on this roster, right?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote