Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of all playoff teams.. Bengals have the most...
cap..

I found that a bit interesting..

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

idk, something to post Big Grin
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 11:42 PM)milksheikh Wrote: cap..

Adam Jones and Pat Sims haven't been factored into this yet. The number will drop drastically. The Bengals should then be right there with Carolina and Minnesota.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 11:42 PM)milksheikh Wrote: cap..

Here is something I found interesting.

Last year the Bengals spent more on player payroll than 6 other playoff teams

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cash/2015/
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 10:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is something I found interesting.

Last year the Bengals spent more on player payroll than 6 other playoff teams

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cash/2015/

but,but we're cheapest run organization in entire league Sarcasm
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
I was really thinking it was going to say "Of all playoff teams, Bengals have the most.... negative fans" but I was disappointed.
Reply/Quote
Despite the narrative that they only had 15m allotted for FA...with the 7 re-signings and the addition of Mays, they've spent roughly 21.5m so far. 

If you use the 37.6m (all '16 obligations) that they started free agency with, it should leave them at about 16m in cap space right now. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2016, 05:04 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: I was really thinking it was going to say "Of all playoff teams, Bengals have the most.... negative fans" but I was disappointed.

Well, they do have the fewest recent playoff wins of all the playoff teams, so it only makes sense that they'd have the most negative fans of those teams. 

Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2016, 06:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well, they do have the fewest recent playoff wins of all the playoff teams, so it only makes sense that they'd have the most negative fans of those teams. 

Ninja

Yeah but this year will be different even though we essentially have the same team! 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2016, 06:49 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yeah but this year will be different even though we essentially have the same team! 

Reggie and Marv Jones were only holding us back.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2016, 08:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Reggie and Marv Jones were only holding us back.

And we brought Mays back.
CA-CHING 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2016, 06:49 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yeah but this year will be different even though we essentially have the same team! 

Health of the team has killed us the last few years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Are we not going to take part in the draft this year?

Where did you hear this?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2016, 10:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Are we not going to take part in the draft this year?

Where did you hear this?

Captain Defender checking in.

How many rookies play more than special teams for us? 
How many rookies see significant enough snaps to change the make up of the team? 

Not many.

Now before you come back with "Oh but that's a good thing!" 

Normally yes, but when you keep mediocre players and run them out there over rookies who have greater upside, it's dumb.

I mean, according to you and a few others, there's no way a rookie could really contribute on our defense because it's so complex there's no way they could learn it right? 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2016, 02:50 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Captain Defender checking in.

How many rookies play more than special teams for us? 
How many rookies see significant enough snaps to change the make up of the team? 
Carlos Dunlap...9.5 sacks
A J Green........1000+ receiving yards
Gio Bernard.....1200+ yards from scrimmage
Andy Dalton.....3000+ yards, 20+ tds
Burfist..............120+ tackles
Hill..................1000+ rushing yards
Eifert...............played 60%+ of offensive snaps (39 rec, 455 yds)
Gresham..........50+ receptions
Shipley............50+ receptions
Bodine.............started all 16 games
Zeitler..............started all 16 games
Maualuga.........started all 16 games
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2016, 03:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Carlos Dunlap...9.5 sacks
A J Green........1000+ receiving yards
Gio Bernard.....1200+ yards from scrimmage
Andy Dalton.....3000+ yards, 20+ tds
Burfist..............120+ tackles
Hill..................1000+ rushing yards
Eifert...............played 60%+ of offensive snaps (39 rec, 455 yds)
Gresham..........50+ receptions
Shipley............50+ receptions
Bodine.............started all 16 games
Zeitler..............started all 16 games
Maualuga.........started all 16 games

all the way back 7 years and you have 11 drafted players who made a splash as a rookie. 
how many from the last 3? 
Wanna talk about how BAD these drafts have been and why we shouldn't be okay with our only additions and hopes for improvement come from rookies? 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2016, 03:57 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: all the way back 7 years and you have 11 drafted players who made a splash as a rookie. 

Yes, that ius 100% correct.  you are welcome for the education.

(03-20-2016, 03:57 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote:  
how many from the last 3? 

The way you talk so big I thought you would know about our last three drafts.

Gio.....1200 yards from scrimmage
Hill......1000+ rushing yards
Eifert...39 catches for 455 yards

You are welcome again.

We have consistently averaged 1 or 2 rookies who have stepped in and had an immediate impact.  So i don't know why we should not expect the same this year.  .  .  .  

Unless you just love to cry.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2016, 04:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, that ius 100% correct.  you are welcome for the education.

The way you talk so big I thought you would know about our last three drafts.

Gio.....1200 yards from scrimmage
Hill......1000+ rushing yards
Eifert...39 catches for 455 yards

You are welcome again.

We have consistently averaged 1 or 2 rookies who have stepped in and had an immediate impact.  So i don't know why we should not expect the same this year.  .  .  .  

Unless you just love to cry.

so three players had contributions as a rookie the last three years when we will ideally need 3 or 4 in one year alone.
WR2, WR3 and DL. 

Or are you still banking on the "You don't know what you are talking about" bullshit when it comes to Clarke and Hunt you used to give me? 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2016, 05:02 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: so three players had contributions as a rookie the last three years when we will ideally need 3 or 4 in one year alone.
WR2, WR3 and DL. 

Or are you still banking on the "You don't know what you are talking about" bullshit when it comes to Clarke and Hunt you used to give me? 

Sig bet that we sign a free agent WR?

Since you claim to  know everything the Bengals are going to do in advance why don't we make a little bet?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2016, 05:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sig bet that we sign a free agent WR?

Since you claim to  know everything the Bengals are going to do in advance why don't we make a little bet?

I don't claim to know everything. 
I just go off of the current situation.
Given the WR available who have been cut, there's one maybe two that would actually be worth signing and produce more than a rookie likely could.

The difference is, I want to see to see this team make an attempt at getting better before we realize we wasted the careers of guys like Geno who have only a few years left in them.
You are okay with business as usual because it's safe. It's good knowing you can get to an 11-5, 12-4 record and get bounced in the first round like you don't belong. 
You defend every single move this team makes. 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2016, 05:23 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I don't claim to know everything. 

Yes you do.  Otherwise you would not claim that it is impossible to disagree with you unless losing in the first round is acceptable.  The fact is that it is possible to disagree with you and still not be satisfied that we lose in the first round.  I am pretty sure that if your football knowledge was infallible you would be working for an nFL team right now.

What is sad about you is that you have to make up stuff to cry about.  

You claim the Bengals never have rookies contribute and that is a complete lie.  

You claim they never change, yet since we made the playoffs in 2011 we have turned over almost half of our starting lineup and gone through 2 DCs and 3 OCs.  

You claim the Bengals won't spend money yet last year they spent OVER the NFL league salary cap.

You claim that every other team gets better in free agency, but in fact every big signing by one team is a loss by another team.  So it is impossible for every team to get better in free agency every year.  

Basically you claim the Bengals suck at drafting and never sign free agents yet you have no explanation of why they have won so many more games than most every other team in the league over the last 5 years.

And now you are too chicken to make a bet to back up what you were whining about.  Why ***** and moan about the team being the same when you KNOW it will not be the same.  .  .  .  unless you just love to cry.
Reply/Quote