Off Season Work Out Schedule
So workouts start with Rookie mini camp on the Monday after the draft

CINCINNATI

First Day: May 2

OTAs: June 6-7, June 9, June 14-16

The Bengals are one of 2 teams not making the Jun 14-16 mini cap mandatory

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
They should really move the draft up one week to give these guys time between being drafted and going to work. The guys drafted in rounds 4-7 will have to be at mini camp early Monday morning.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Whew, I was like damn I have to work out ?
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 05:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Whew, I was like damn I have to work out ?

Wait'll they announce the mandatory old man workouts.. I'm already planning to call in sick that day..  Smirk
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 05:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Whew, I was like damn I have to work out ?

Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 05:34 PM)Synric Wrote: They should really move the draft up one week to give these guys time between being drafted and going to work. The guys drafted in rounds 4-7 will have to be at mini camp early Monday morning.

hmmm.....

If someone offered you a job making $725,000 a year could you plan your life to be drafted on Saturday and be on the job by Monday?

If these guys are not training hard right now, they will have serious issues making a NFL roster and being paid big bucks (yes $725,000 minimum  a year is big bucks and most these guys make more than that)
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 10:46 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: hmmm.....

If someone offered you a job making $725,000 a year could you plan your life to be drafted on Saturday and be on the job by Monday?

If these guys are not training hard right now, they will have serious issues making a NFL roster and being paid big bucks (yes $725,000 minimum  a year is big bucks and most these guys make more than that)

They aren't making anything until their contracts are signed.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I wonder why the Bengals are starting almost 2 weeks later than most teams. I see that teams with a new coach get an earlier start by league rules but according to this article most teams are starting no later than the 19th of April aside from the Eagles on the 25th and the Bengals May 2nd.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/01/nfl-announces-offseason-workout-schedules-for-all-32-teams/

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 01:56 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I wonder why the Bengals are starting almost 2 weeks later than most teams.  I see that teams with a new coach get an earlier start by league rules but according to this article most teams are starting no later than the 19th of April aside from the Eagles on the 25th and the Bengals May 2nd.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/01/nfl-announces-offseason-workout-schedules-for-all-32-teams/

Maybe because the Bengals season ended almost 2 weeks later than most other teams.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 02:26 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: Maybe because the Bengals season ended almost 2 weeks later than most other teams.

I thought about that but the Rams start on the 18th of April. Anyway it isn't a concern of mine. I just wondered why they were starting later than everyone else. OTAs seems to be later than most teams as well.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 03:19 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I thought about that but the Rams start on the 18th of April. Anyway it isn't a concern of mine. I just wondered why they were starting later than everyone else. OTAs seems to be later than most teams as well.

They probably get the option to go later because of when they finished the season. Rams chose not to go later, Bengals did. I have no idea if that’s why or not but you could safely assume that’s why.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 08:10 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: They probably get the option to go later because of when they finished the season. Rams chose not to go later, Bengals did. I have no idea if that’s why or not but you could safely assume that’s why.

What?  So you are saying the league asked the Rams and the Bengals who wanted to go later?  League rules specify start dates.  Earliest dates are for teams with a new coach, all other teams are allowed to start April 18th.  

Quote:Any team that hired a new head coach can start their offseason program on April 4 and the NFL announced on Friday that the Bears, Dolphins, Saints, and Giants will be doing exactly that. The other six teams that hired new head coaches, including the Buccaneers, will be starting their programs on April 11 while the rest of the league’s teams will have to wait until April 18 to get the ball rolling.

Most of those teams will start on the 18th or 19th, but the Eagles will wait another week and the Bengals aren’t scheduled to start their program until May 2.

So I don't think it is safe to assume that's why. Again I don't really think it makes a difference, I just find it interesting.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 09:03 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: What?  So you are saying the league asked the Rams and the Bengals who wanted to go later?  League rules specify start dates.  Earliest dates are for teams with a new coach, all other teams are allowed to start April 18th.  

So I don't think it is safe to assume that's why. Again I don't really think it makes a difference, I just find it interesting.

Okay Mr cranky pants. If you don’t think it makes a difference, why are you getting defensive. I just said you could easily assume teams who played later in the season are probably allowed to start later. Like
You said, it doesn’t make a lick of difference, so chill.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2022, 07:46 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Okay Mr cranky pants. If you don’t think it makes a difference, why are you getting defensive. I just said you could easily assume teams who played later in the season are probably allowed to start later. Like
You said, it doesn’t make a lick of difference, so chill.

I don't feel like I was being defensive or cranky.  So chill.   :)

Back on topic, one thing that may be a factor is I've heard the Bengals have a small scouting team. So perhaps the late start date is to give the Bengals coaches more time to prepare for the draft.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2022, 08:15 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't feel like I was being defensive or cranky.  So chill.   :)

Back on topic, one thing that may be a factor is I've heard the Bengals have a small scouting team. So perhaps the late start date is to give the Bengals coaches more time to prepare for the draft.

Don’t remember the Bengals ever starting this late, so not sure how that makes any more sense than playing later than the other teams.
Reply/Quote
Waiting for pally to give us our workout schedule. I could stand losing about 45 more lbs. While on my 2 hour walk today I thought NFL/sports players are different, they don't do things that are "normal" and would probably be categorized as "weird". They are probably training 5-6 hours a day, it's their life.
Reply/Quote