• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off Season
Bengals Upcoming FA
Kevin Minter- Walk, or run, just leave.
Andre Smith- Retain
Eric Winston- Retain
Cedric Peerman- its time to go.
AJ McCarron- Walk.
Chris Smith- walk. I liked moving Michael Johnson inside and out....did well too.
Jeremy Hill- GTF out.
Kevin Huber- Dudes a stud keep him.
Pat Sims-Thanks but this year no thanks.
Russel Bodine- see Jeremy hill
Tyler Eifert- get lost you vaginal discharge.

Extend Dunlap & Atkins

CUT Brandon Lafell/Adam Jones

Targeted FA's

Phil Taylor DTackle
Stout Dtackle, and a much improved pat sims for probably similar money.
Navarro Bowman
We need a stud vet who truly can be a leader amongst these young cats at backer.  Gimme Bowman and be done with it. The guy can clearly still play (only 29) and SF was in a youth movement which in return benefited Oakland.  Lets have it benefit us... Bowman and Burfict works just fine for me.
Ryan Jensen C
young (26) strong physical center from a run first team with a nastiness this offensive front needs BADLY.  Probably excels more so in pass pro but is a solid mauler as well.  I think Jensen finds himself comfortable here quickly and i like having Pollack in house to ensure that.
Trumaine Brock CB
Solid journeyman to take the place of Adam jones as our 4th corner.  He is more than capable and will allow more snaps to Jackson and Dennard.  Too much money is saved by cutting jones and signing brock...not a lot lost in value if at all.  Brock is a solid NFL corner.
Paul Richardson WR
By cutting adam jones it frees up over 5.5 million which will allow us to spend a little bit in FA.  We can afford Richardson and the sky is the limit for this kid.  Has barely even scratched the surface of his talent and we can get him for a bargain compared to talent at this stage of his career.

They Talk of "change" in Cincinnati and I don't think this is too ambitious at all if change is coming.  These are not guys that will be/need/or demand blockbuster money.  Bowman right now, other than Burfict, is better than any other backer on our roster....by far.  He can come in and make an immediate impact on our defense next to Burfict.  That solves my Kevin Minter nightmares.  Phil Taylor has bounced around his whole career but for someone to fill the role of pat sims and push the youngins, Taylor is an outstanding upgrade and great for the rotation.  Brock is a vet that's needed amongst the young corners we have and he can be had for dirt cheap.  Both Jensen, and Richardson may take a bit more financial convincing but nothing that will sink a ship and nothing that will scare the Bengals away.  truly this FA strategy, coupled with this draft would have me really looking forward to next season and putting $100 down on us in Vegas.

COMP PICKS: A 3rd for Zietler, a 5th for Whittworth, and two 7ths for Dansby and Margus Hunt. Source=SBNATION

NFL Draft:

RD 1. Quenton Nelson OG
Best Guard in the draft.  instantly improves run game, pass game, oline, Mixon, Dalton etc....

RD 2. Rashaan Evans Alabama ILB

A Bama backer who is a freak athlete and tackling machine. I want one, and we need one.  

RD 3. BJ Hill 6'3 321 lbs DT NC State
Big stout Dtackle but can move well for his size...Billings insurance if you will.  Was very impressive at the senior bowl.  Great size and very powerful.  Ideal DT.  Will compete with Phil Taylor and Glasgow for that 3rd or 4th DT spot in the rotation.

RD 3. Mike Gesicki 6'5 245 lbs TE Penn State

A tight end with basketball roots.  Was an absolute baller in high school....watch the tape if u haven't.  The future is bright for this kid.  Vertical threat who moves very well.  Needs to get stronger but drawing comparisons to Coby Fleener.  The upside for Gesicki makes me think this pick pays off BIG for us in a couple years.

RD 4.  Tre Williams 6'2 238lbs OLB/ILB Auburn
Big physical linebacker who can fly sideline to sideline and deliver punishing hits which was shown at the senior bowl as well....he impressed. I dont like our linebacker situation at all.  it needs to improve. With Williams, it does.  We should go into the season at backer like this Burfict, Bowman,R. Evans, Rey, Vigil, Williams.  

RD 5.   Alex Cappa OT Humboldt State
Small school prospect with a ton of upside and held his own pretty well against top notch talent at the senior bowl.  Good size and strength.  Scouts are predicting him to climb draft boards after the combine based on what he previously did in mobile   I love the potential with this pick most importantly due to our need and weak OT class.  Could be starting by seasons end depending on Ogbuehi.  The Bengals are not about to just thrown in the towel on their former 1rst round pick Ogbuehi.  Hes gonna get another shot at his LT position.  If it works out than we are blessed if not insert Cappa.

RD 5.   Deon Cain WR 6'2 200lbs Clemson

I predict us trading one of 7th round comp picks to move up instead of having to cut rookies like last year(Jake Elliot). Cain IMO is worth moving up for at this point...hes a stud. Was the #2 overall rated receiver coming out of high school....Cain has a ton of talent....and a ton of speed.  Some scouts say he has not only track speed but football speed.  The Bengals have been trying for years now to find it and here it is in the 5th not the damn 9th overall pick.  Have Cain battle it out with everybody but aj for a roster spot.

RD 6.  Eddy Piniero 6'0 178 K Florida-

We drafted a Kicker last year and we still have the same kicker we had last year.  Lets try it again.  We nailed it with Elliot.  This kid kicked a 77yard field goal in high school. I liked what elliot brought out of Bullock in the first half of the season but his success tailed as of late.  I say we bring in more competition like last year and see what happens again.

RD 7.  Bo Scarbrough 6'2 228lbs RB Alabama-
A big bodied talented kid who can really move which was on display at Alabama although he lost snaps towards the tail end of his bama career. might play in our favor here in the 6th.  Probably some character issues but i don't think its anything to scare away anyone.  What scares me is losing Bernard or Mixon again and being down to really only 1 back or not 1 at all.  We need another back as insurance that's competent to tote the load if either one if not both go down.  It doesn't have to be Scarbrough it can be any other good size back but imo running back needs to be addressed for that 3rd spot.  We need to improve from B. Hill.

RD 7.  Kyle Allen QB 6'3 230lbs Houston

Good Size with a Cannon attached to his right shoulder.  All the potential in the world just not a lot of snaps.  Here in Cincinnati he will get nothing but snaps as a backup and could blossom into pressure on Dalton.  Some say he may go undrafted but his potential coupled with his god given talent hes got everything you cant coach.  In the 7th snag em.  

Depth Chart:
QB- Andy Dalton, Kyle Allen, Jeff Driskel.
RB- Joe Mixon, Giovanni Bernard, Bo Scarbrough.
FB- Ryan Hewitt.
WR- AJ Green, Paul Richardson, John Ross, Tyler Boyd, Alex Erickson, Deon Cain.
TE- Tyler Kroft, Mike Gesicki, CJ Uzomah.
LT- Cedric Ogbuehi, Alex Cappa.
LG- Clint Boling, Christian Westerman.
C- Ryan Jensen, TJ Johnson.
RG- Quenton Nelson, Trey Hopkins.
RT- Andre Smith, Eric Winston.
LDE- Carlos Dunlap, Jordan Willis.
DT- Geno Atkins, Andrew Billings, Phil Taylor, B.J Hill.
RDE- Carl Lawson, Michael Johnson.
LOLB- Rashaan Evans, Nick Vigil.
MLB- Navarro Bowman, Vincent Rey.
ROLB- Vontaze Burfict, Tre Williams.
CB- William Jackson, Darqueze Dennard, Dre Kirkpatrick, Trumaine Brock, Josh Shaw, Keivarae Russell.
FS- George Iloka, Clayton Fejedelem.
SS- Shawn Williams, Brandon Wilson
K- Eddy Pineiro
P Kevin Huber

So that is my complete off season.  Honestly i don't think this in unreasonable at all IF change is whats coming.  FA doesn't break the bank and it addresses needs with players that fit the bengals and the draft is consistent with player projections.  Anxious to see what you all think.  Go Bengals.  Who Dey.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals will retain Chris Smith and re-sign Eifert to a "show-me your healthy"
contract. I think I like Jefferson better at backer. But any draft with Bengals getting Nelson is a win. I like Cappa.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 04:55 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think the Bengals will retain Chris Smith and  re-sign Eifert to a "show-me your healthy"
contract.  I think I like Jefferson better at backer.  But any draft with Bengals getting Nelson is a win.  I like Cappa.  

I think its 50/50 with chris smith depending on where guys fall on that dline.  In regards to eifert i dont see us be able to afford him.  Seattle is very interested in him.  and thats just 1 of 30 other teams.  and as much as i like jefferson as well the athleticism in evans is un matched.  They are identical in size but i see alot of shazier in evans and i want that speed coupled with burficts toughness and instincts.  We need speed at the backer position imo.
Reply/Quote
Can get behind most of this and hoping Nelson falls to us in 1st but not expecting it.

But with as many holes as the Bengals have do not want to spend another pick on a kicker just to possibly cut him again.

Even though it is late round.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Man no love?? This draft and off season projection Is the more realistic(based on the bengals philosophy) off season FA and draft ive seen so fr but of course I'm bias.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 02:17 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Man no love??  This draft and off season projection Is the more realistic(based on the bengals philosophy) off season FA and draft ive seen so fr but of course I'm bias.

It is very realistic.  Which is what irks me about it.  The Bengals need to make a major change in philosophy.  I know MB sees this thing as a business first, but the day he realizes that putting a SB contending team on the field would make him more money, is the day we actually get better.

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 02:17 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Man no love??  This draft and off season projection Is the more realistic(based on the bengals philosophy) off season FA and draft ive seen so fr but of course I'm bias.

Really?  When was the last time that Mike Brown agreed to pay top money for a Center, particularly one from outside the team, let alone make an OG the top pick in their draft?

This may be what the Bengals realistically need, but in reality, it's just our fanboy fantasy..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
To the OP, nice job. I can tell that you put a good deal of thought and effort into your plan, kudos!

You get it, as far as what should be happening for the Bengals. Unfortunately, most of us realize that most likely won't happen. Anyway, just wanted to commend you on your effort. Now, if we could only get the big boss on board with our ways of thinking...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 09:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really?  When was the last time that Mike Brown agreed to pay top money for a Center, particularly one from outside the team, let alone make an OG the top pick in their draft?

This may be what the Bengals realistically need, but in reality, it's just our fanboy fantasy..

Well again if changes are coming this is what we all should expect based on need and availability.  Ive been a bengal long enough to know that this is outside the norm for cincinnati but jensen would be the biggest spend and hes not even the best center or two available.   and if this happened it would be the "change" we need and there is noway we pass on nelson if hes there. noway.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 02:28 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: It is very realistic.  Which is what irks me about it.  The Bengals need to make a major change in philosophy.  I know MB sees this thing as a business first, but the day he realizes that putting a SB contending team on the field would make him more money, is the day we actually get better.

Hahaha this is hilarious...completely agree.
Reply/Quote